Or maybe just scissors?

Wink
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 05:55 pm
@farmerman,
What a great idea!

We sort of do that here.

My neighbour has the communal wheelbarrow for my street. I have the communal ladder. We have communal tennis paraphernalia to deter pigeons so they don’t foul our rainwater. I have the communal blower vac. I did have the communal steam mop, but someone broke it. I guess now is the time to see if it can kill couch grass.

We now have a communal key safe.

I guess we won’t be hosting the planned street party for the entire community for a long time now.

Our street was planned to maximise interaction and it does! This means it’s a fabulous party venue
farmerman

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 06:15 pm
@Borat Sister,
do you keep a list of who has what and when its needed by others?? we had to because of sheep shows and shearers schedules (Weve since all hired the same shearer and his outfit will bring two RV's down and hookup to each farms power and water.
(Not this yar though. Shearing has been postponed from April to end of summer .
Borat Sister

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 06:18 pm
@farmerman,
No. Usually just arrange at need. I think people know they don’t need to ask to use my ladder and we know Shandy is fine with us using her wheelbarrow

The tennis paraphernalia is in one place and used by all.

Actually, the whole community also uses our community Facebook page to exchange or borrow stuff. Or give stuff

Except those who refuse to use Facebook
Borat Sister

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 06:22 pm
@Borat Sister,
You can imagine how useful this is all proving right now!

Someone gave me some hand sanitizer yesterday which is making my teaching of everyone how to use the key safe much safer for instance

I’m letting everyone know if I have to go shopping so that we all get to limit visits to the shops...

I’m noticing a couple of our social media refuseniks are starting to see a benefit. It makes it easier to organise stuff
farmerman

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 06:31 pm
@Borat Sister,
it takes a village
Borat Sister

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 06:37 pm
@Borat Sister,
Meanwhile my Sebastian is seemingly beginning to be a happier little guy since going on Prozac.

It’s amazing what a ripple effect this has on me and Viola. It was absolutely awful when he was so overwhelmingly anxious and upset.

It’s also amazing to see how seriously Viola takes her mousing duties.

She regularly checks the places she thinks the mouse she lost may be...and she’s set up another little bivouac near the fridge. She also uses every opportunity I give her to check the pantry
Borat Sister

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 06:38 pm
@farmerman,
And I live in one!

Of course there are aspects of small communities that also drive one crazy, but, unlike villages of old, the great wide world is also right there
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 07:15 pm
@Borat Sister,
Borat Sister wrote:

Meanwhile my Sebastian is seemingly beginning to be a happier little guy since going on Prozac.

How long did it take for the prozac to kick in?

Friend has 2 Lakeland (I think) terriers.
The female is just overly exuberant but the male is downright psychotic.

He got put on prozac and friend would tell me he wasn't seeing any difference.

But when I saw the dog on my last visit to Mexico, I said "What are you talking about? He's a different dog"

I still don't like him, but now he isn't either trying to kill himself or someone else.
There was a moment in the past I really thought that dog was going to end our 45 year friendship.
Borat Sister

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 08:03 pm
@chai2,
Hmmmmm.....he was on an eighth of a tablet for eight days, then a quarter for four days and I’ve used three of the second quarter...

15 days.

He was kind of dopey for a bit, now getting more like his pre trauma self.

He was always over the top, but happy and full of good humoured mischief. He’s getting more like that, but the obsessiveness and desperation is not so evident.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 08:09 pm
@farmerman,
geocaching is great fun. will be nice to go with friends again when distancing and n0-touch period is past
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 08:15 pm
@Borat Sister,
Borat Sister wrote:

He was kind of dopey for a bit, now getting more like his pre trauma self.

Ha! I remember those kind of dopey days when I went on Zoloft.

God I miss them.
Borat Sister

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 08:18 pm
@chai2,
Dopey DOES look good a bit
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 08:58 pm
shared by hingehead on twitter

Quote:

Italy: Don't go out
New Zealand: Don't go out
England: Don't go out
France: Don't go out
Australia: If Mercury is in retrograde, and your fifth son is named Philip...
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 04:16 am
@Borat Sister,
Another nice idea : )
Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 07:09 am
Mayor John Tory has closed all the parks and playgrounds. He has also closed all of the off-leach dog parks. That last one, in my opinion, was not well considered. That will just mean that people will walk their dogs through the neighborhoods. I've already seen a lot of that on my daily walks.
Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 07:11 am
@Joeblow,
Hey Joe, please give my best wishes to Larry.

It's too bad we didn't get together before the madness started. You would not have recognized me. I've lost so much weight, I've taken nine or ten inches off my waistline.
Linkat

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 07:14 am
@Setanta,
Ug I just wish people could be sensible.

I am hoping we can use a local school that I noticed did not take down their basketball hoops. My daughters can hopefully still shoot - should be nice today and tomorrow and maybe Saturday. I told them if anyone comes by they are to leave.

If people were just sensible - we could all still use such facilities - use it for a half hour or hour and then leave and allow someone else to use it.

Playgrounds are a bit more difficult because how do you clean the equipment after using.

But if everyone were to keep their social distance we could still have use of some facilities.
Borat Sister

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 08:11 am
@Setanta,
Wow Setanta! Pix?