A Parlour for a Plague

Borat Sister

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 08:19 am
@Linkat,
My poor neighbour is home with her two little ones but she is quite ill.

Her husband’s employer is making it very hard for him to take time off to care for the kids.

I’d happily take over for her, but of course the whole virus thing....

She is seeing a doctor tomorrow. She will remain in her car and the doctor will come out. I wonder if she will be tested for the virus?

The kids are managing with tv as a treat for now....but they are very active

We are managing little neighbour meetings at distance...all starting to get a little cabin fever.

I’m thinking of walking with a friend....by phone. I’m having trouble motivating myself to exercise for some reason. I figure if I’m accountable to her for getting myself out there it may help.
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 08:20 am
@Linkat,
Can you bring stuff with you to clean the playground equipment, Linkat?
Borat Sister

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 08:20 am
@Linkat,
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 08:22 am
@Borat Sister,
Borat Sister wrote:

I am thinking more of other people - my daughters are a bit old for the playground (they are in high school and college).

One of my daughter's friends is having a birthday next week. Being in a small school they are very close - there are only 5 girls in her class - one is hoping to make her a cake and they can bring it over. I said maybe you could all stand the 6 feet a part and sing to her.

Trying to come up with ways to make it feasible and special.
Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 09:50 am
@Linkat,
Good for you, Mom!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 09:52 am
@Borat Sister,
No, but maybe we can figure something out. I think the tablet, my tablet that I rarely get use, can take pictures.
Borat Sister

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 03:08 pm
@Setanta,
It certainly should be able to.

You guys don’t have smart phones?
Borat Sister

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 03:10 pm
@Linkat,
Maybe everyone makes a cupcake and they meet at regulation distance in the open air, or via Skype or zoom with party stuff?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 03:17 pm
@Borat Sister,
I have a dumb phone, but the battery is dead. We have a smart phone, but I think it's just moderately clever.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 03:23 pm
Well, good news and bad news in the stores.
They had peanut butter again and even some bread. However they had no mustard or genuine mayonnaise. The only mayo was some strange mixture called Chipotle mayonnaise. No way I'm going for that.

Our Mayor still wants schools open again by April 20. He then said things would possibly be 'worse in May' with regard to the Covid-19 outbreak. This is the same person who wanted all of NYC on full lockdown a few weeks ago. He is almost as unconnected to his utterings as our "President".

Aside from that, things are good.

Well, mostly. It seems my anxiety has decided to exhibit itself in an odd way. Every time I see a bag of coffee, I'm strangely compelled to buy it. Currently up to some 20 pounds.

Don't misunderstand, I do enjoy my coffee, but this is starting to concern me. Maybe a cup of coffee will settle me down...
chai2

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 04:23 pm
@Sturgis,
Well thank goodness it wasn't Dukes Mayo.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 04:59 pm
@chai2,
I can't find Dukes Mayo around here. Not sure why...maybe Hellmans has a lock on the market.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 05:14 pm
@Borat Sister,
I have a slightly distant pic taken when we were on a beach walk with a friend, her pup and baby a couple of weeks back. will see if I can find a way to transfer from tablet to a2k (the tablet kinda hates a2k)
ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 05:17 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
I said maybe you could all stand the 6 feet a part and sing to her.

neighbours just did a sort of emergency 6' apart wedding. the couple, the officiant, a musician and a photog/videographer

she shared photos on our community FB page. I think it's going to be a very special memory
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 05:18 pm
@Borat Sister,
I have a semi-intelligent phone. still resisting the full smart phone. it does take pix but I prefer the fancy big camera I got a couple of years ago. of course that means I need to find the itty bitty converter piece Smile there's always something.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 06:27 pm
@ehBeth,
Got the pic from tablet to fB - and tagged the bunny Smile
chai2

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 06:41 pm
@ehBeth,
Most of the pictures I take with my phone are reminders of something, or prices, serial numbers, phone #s on signs, etc etc.

When I do my group lunch deliveries, sometimes I'll send pictures of a part of a building, like the entrance to use, or a point of interest important to finding the place and send it to the company. They'll add it to the company profile for others to see.

I've found it helpful when others do that.

I really use the camera on the phone a lot more like a tool.

Oh. The first time I took a picture as a reminder was when I needed to know where my car was parked in one of those enormous parking lots. I did after I once couldn't find my car, and someone passing by gave me that hint.

ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 06:45 pm
@chai2,
yeah the phone camera is for 'notes'. the big camera is for Photography Laughing

I think there is still a photo on the phone from a discussion you and I had about diners years ago.

I have friends who have literally 10,000+ snaps on their phones. they do no editing and post absolute crap shots. those are not photographs. blech.
Borat Sister

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 06:49 pm
@ehBeth,
Bunny thanks you
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 06:52 pm
@ehBeth,
oh no!

When I'm done with whatever I needed the snap for, it's gone. Well mostly. There's a few picks of things that made me feel good to see. Or I found funny.

Like Father Guido Sarducci in a mosaic at Home Slice Pizza over on Congress Ave.

Here's an idea!

Let's post some of our favorite snaps from our phones!