Coronavirus

Below viewing threshold (view)
glitterbag

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:43 am
@Glennn,
Are you purposely being obstinate or is this just something you do to amuse yourself? I'm not trying to provoke you, but as I read thru all these remarks I get a completely different vibe than you do. Please don't ask me to prove or disprove of any of treatments, trials, should be trials because I am totally confused about this whole coronavirus business. The only thing I know for sure is that we've been locked up in the house since March and only get out for doctor's appointments.

Maybe your reading too much into engineers posts. You're responding to "It's beautiful day" with "What was wrong with yesterday, are you saying it wasn't beautiful" or the classic "You look great in that color" with "So, you're saying I usually look awful?"

I don't want to get involved in any of this 'zinc, vitamin, Fauci stuff you and others are arguing about, frankly I don't have any answers. I can only hope that the doctors and scientists working on this program know what they are doing. Just my viewpoint.......
izzythepush

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 11:14 am
@glitterbag,
What I find intriguing in Glenn’s insistence that he is not a Trump supporter coupled with a devotion to his most disprovable comment.

Especially when there are treatments-drugs that have been successful.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 12:41 pm
@izzythepush,
Exactly. Why are we trying to make something work that no-one -even its supporters - can explain how it works or why it was even looked at to begin with? All this effort to force it useless implementation could be used on other more plausible solutions.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 07:57 pm
bobsal u1553115

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 10:50 pm
https://www.cdn-liker.com/uploads/large_images/5f5eed366d3ad.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 13 Sep, 2020 11:10 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I wonder what is a "Strenuous flu"?? (strenuous flue?)
Is it a chimney that i imposible to clean?

Remember Trump was on the air, its wasnt TWEETERY

bobsal u1553115

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 07:26 am
@farmerman,
Strenuous flu is the type of flu you have to have to get three days off from work.

Strenuous Covid19 is when you flat-line while on a ventilator.

Interesting fact: Trump can pronounce "strenuous" on coke but not on Ritalin.
0 Replies

engineer

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 07:43 am
Science Magazine editorial

Quote:
Over the years, this page has commented on the scientific foibles of U.S. presidents. Inadequate action on climate change and environmental degradation during both Republican and Democratic administrations have been criticized frequently. Editorials have bemoaned endorsements by presidents on teaching intelligent design, creationism, and other antiscience in public schools. These matters are still important. But now, a U.S. president has deliberately lied about science in a way that was imminently dangerous to human health and directly led to widespread deaths of Americans.

This may be the most shameful moment in the history of U.S. science policy.

In an interview with Woodward on 7 February 2020, Trump said he knew that COVID-19 was more lethal than the flu and that it spread through the air. “This is deadly stuff,” he said. But on 9 March, he tweeted that the “common flu” was worse than COVID-19, while economic advisor Larry Kudlow and presidential counselor Kellyanne Conway assured the public that the virus was contained. On 19 March, Trump told Woodward that he did not want to level with the American people about the danger of the virus. “I wanted to always play it down,” he said, “I still like playing it down.” Playing it down meant lying about the fact that he knew the country was in grave danger.

It also meant silencing health officials who tried to tell the truth. On 25 February, Nancy Messonnier, director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), said, “It’s not so much a question of if this will happen anymore, but rather more a question of exactly when this will happen and how many people in this country will have severe illness.” She was right and Trump knew it. But he shut her down. He also tried to control messaging from Anthony Fauci, the nation’s foremost leader on infectious diseases. Trump’s supporters insisted that Fauci and Messonnier were not being muzzled, but now we have clear evidence in emails that they were.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 10:18 am
@engineer,
Russia had approved "Sputnik V" as the first corona vaccine in the world for broad application in an urgent procedure, although the product has hardly been tested in clinical trials so far. Putin made a publicity statement that his daughter had been injected with the vaccine and that she had tolerated it well. The announcement was apparently intended to boost confidence in the vaccine. Who would let his own daughter take a drug if it was not absolutely safe?

Renowned researchers from several countries are questioning the authenticity of the data presented by their Russian colleagues in the "Lancet" journal at the beginning of September as proof of the effectiveness of the vaccine. They suspect clumsy manipulation. Did the scientists responsible for the vaccine come up with their results, or did they make them up in Photoshop?

The abnormalities already start with the second picture of the study, criticise researchers around the well-known molecular biologist Enrico Bucci. The areas in question are colourfully encircled. They show a striking pattern of numbers in the data sets. Several test persons had exactly the same antibody level in their blood on different days. The value of the T-cells, which are supposed to fight the corona virus, is also identical. The test persons had been given different forms of the vaccine.

Moscow Times: Leading Scientists Question 'Highly Improbable' Russian Vaccine Results Published in Lancet

The data looked as if they had been edited with Photoshop, argues Andrea Cossarizza, immunologist at the Italian University of Modena. The figures are too similar, and from a statistical point of view the results are unlikely. Together with other researchers, an open letter was sent to "Lancet" demanding that the raw data be published.

Such a "Note of Concern" is exactly the way scientists go when there is justified criticism of a study from their point of view. Normally, this is only of interest to a small group of experts at best, but the world is waiting for the vaccine in which the study will be conducted.

Cattivi Scienziati (fighting bad and pseudo-science): Note of concern
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 02:34 pm

Face masks could be giving people Covid-19 immunity,
researchers suggest

The commentary, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, advances the unproven
but promising theory that universal face mask wearing might be helping to reduce the severity
of the virus and ensuring that a greater proportion of new infections are asymptomatic.

If this hypothesis is borne out, the academics argue, then universal mask-wearing could become
a form of variolation (inoculation) that would generate immunity and “thereby slow the spread
of the virus in the United States and elsewhere” as the world awaits a vaccine...
0 Replies

Wilso

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 04:24 pm
https://i.redd.it/a6gi92ph07m51.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 05:09 pm
@Wilso,
It has happened.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 17 Sep, 2020 05:29 pm
https://i.postimg.cc/4NWt4LD1/Ei-H-l-Vc-WAAEm-W4g.jpg
0 Replies

Sturgis

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 04:20 pm
@Wilso,
I see the ghostly spirit is rising upward, where it's said by some, that Heaven is located.
That will undoubtedly make Goldman insanely happy as he can tell everybody that the dead guy was "SAVED".

(unless it turns out that Heaven is located downhill and it's the hellishly hot place above where Hell is that is up above...which would make sense, seeing as how that's nearer to the sun)

In other news, the numbers are on the increase again. The fatalities should be stacking up by election day.

In even more news, it's now being said that people who have Alzheimer's disease are perishing at a much higher rate than normal. Even those who are not Covid-19 infected. The lack of social interaction is destroying what little they have left.
izzythepush

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 04:28 pm
@Sturgis,
He’s got one of his threads shut down, and I’ve not heard hide nor hair of him since.

I think one of his last posts was about how he got persecuted on other forums.
Sturgis

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 04:45 pm
@izzythepush,
Persecuted? How in Heaven's name is that possible? He has been a devoted Christian and SAVED for lord only knows how long. Plus Jimmy Swaggart done did give him a televised blessing...followed by a standard letter asking for money.

Uh oh, I've just blasphemed! Better make sure my clothes are Christian ....

...nope. They're a blend.
izzythepush

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 04:49 pm
@Sturgis,
I think he confuses persecution with disagreement.
glitterbag

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 04:54 pm
@izzythepush,
Sadly a lot of people do.
roger

Fri 18 Sep, 2020 05:38 pm
@glitterbag,
No I don't. Now, tell me that wasn't aimed at me.