Covid Vaccine Informal Poll and Drinking Society

jespah

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 08:30 am
Hi!

Hope all are well and Covid-free.

3 questions.

1) Have you gotten the vaccine and/or are you planning on getting it?
2) Which kind did you get?
3) Did you experience any side effects and/or develop any superpowers?

RP and I are going next week. We have no idea what kind they're giving out.

PS Covid is real and the pandemic exists. If you want to claim neither of those statements are true, kindly do it elsewhere. Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 26 • Views: 11,708 • Replies: 249

hightor

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 08:39 am
@jespah,
I've received both of my Moderna shots, the first one in February and the second in March. I experienced arm soreness for a day or two, nothing else. No superpowers, I'm sorry to say.
engineer

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 08:59 am
@jespah,
1) Yes, both shots
2) Pfizer
3) Yes to the side effects, after the second shot. I had chills and a fever that night and was less than 100% the next day. My daughter had some effects that Tylenol took care of, my wife was just tired. I think Tylenol is your friend.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 09:25 am
I had the Astra Zeneca shot at the beginning of March, the second one isn’t due until May.

I had the jab on a Thursday, on the Saturday I had a few bouts of sneezing fits, I mean I sneezed a lot, a huge amount, but Sunday was alright.

That’s the only side effect I’ve had.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 09:26 am
@jespah,
I have not gotten it yet. I work from home and am patiently waiting my turn. I will be getting it as soon as my number comes up.

The thing I am missing most is playing live poker (which I haven't played in over a year). I figure as soon as I get shot I will get back to my favorite profitable hobby.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 09:58 am
@jespah,
Not my turn yet. Will try to get the one shot one... don’t like shots and prefer one to two of them. CVS in my town is giving them out so should be easy.

Also not trying to jump ahead of those in more need ... don’t understand why they keep increasing the people eligible when others still are having difficulty getting appointments but that is my opinion.

Also know someone in another state that used the “banking industry “ people to get a shot ... he is young in his early 30s with no medical conditions and not in commercial banking and working 100 percent at home.

So I await my turn
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 10:34 am
@jespah,
I haven't gotten it yet, been waiting for two months.

It doesn't matter which kind, they all seem to work.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 12:13 pm
Second Pfizer on March 3. No pain and no after effects.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 03:31 pm
My first Moderna was March 25. No side effects. But the side effects usually come with the last shot.

My second Moderna will be April 22.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 03:32 pm
Important note re side effects. Taking Aspirin/Tylenol/Advil to relieve side effects might also diminish the antibodies produced by the vaccine.

It is strongly recommended that people take no pain relievers for 48 hours before they receive the vaccine.

It is also recommended (although less strongly) that people avoid pain relievers for 48 hours after receiving the vaccine.

https://www.newsweek.com/can-you-take-advil-before-after-covid-vaccine-1576833

I personally am making it an entire week before and after, but that exceeds medical recommendations.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 06:05 pm
@jespah,
1) Have you gotten the vaccine? Yes. Second shot over a week ago.
2) Which kind did you get? Pfizer.
3) Did you experience any side effects and/or develop any superpowers? Sore arm (localized where the shot was in my shoulder). Felt sore like a day-old bruise on the heal.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 09:50 pm
@jespah,

3 questions.

1) Have you gotten the vaccine and/or are you planning on getting it? Yes, received mine about 3 weeks ago

2) Which kind did you get? Johnson and Johnson

3) Did you experience any side effects and/or develop any superpowers? I could tell there had been an injection, tiny sore spot. I did feel very tired on and off for about a week....but my spleen was removed so I'm more susceptible to infection.

As far as superpowers.....my IQ increased to 185

RP and I are going next week. We have no idea what kind they're giving out.

PS Covid is real and the pandemic exists. If you want to claim neither of those statements are true, kindly do it elsewhere. Thank you!
[/quote]
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2021 10:05 pm
@jespah,
I haven't had any shots yet. The roll-out here is ridiculously slow and I have no idea when I'll be getting one.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2021 04:32 am
@cherrie,

that's what i'm hearing from my sister in italy.

she said they probably won't be getting their jabs until september...
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2021 07:28 am
@cherrie,
cherrie wrote:
The roll-out here is ridiculously slow and I have no idea when I'll be getting one.

The US really should start sharing vaccines with our friends and allies. I think it's wrong for the last American to be vaccinated before the first Canadian is vaccinated.
hightor

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2021 08:50 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

The US really should start sharing vaccines with our friends and allies.

Admirable sentiments from an unexpected source!

We should have lots of doses to share because somewhere around 25% - 35% of USAmericans say they will refuse to get vaccinated.
oralloy

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2021 09:10 am
@hightor,
You should see some of the posts from our friends in Canada. Canada is still trying to get their "over 80" population vaccinated.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2021 09:24 am
@hightor,
It is, but realistically, no government is going to give vaccines away as long as there are unvaccinated people in their own countries looking to be vaccinated. In the US, over half of new cases are coming from five states. The governor of Michigan (biggest hot spot) is already asking if the federal government should divert vaccines to her state from other states. Imagine the outcry if vaccines were being sent to other countries. I think European countries are in the same boat. Covid is an international problem but governments are elected locally.
oralloy

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2021 09:43 am
@engineer,
How about as soon as we start producing more vaccines than there are people who want them?

I am all for pressuring reluctant people to get vaccinated. But once everyone who wants one has gotten it, then there should be no political problems with giving excess doses to our friends and allies.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2021 09:56 am
The pandemic is a global problem, it’s not one that just affects America’s ‘friends and allies,’ and unless there is global immunity we are all at risk.

Let’s say Venezuela is denied the vaccine and a new vaccine resistant variable mutates, it won't stay in Venezuela.