Coronavirus

farmerman

Sat 1 Aug, 2020 09:44 am
@Palandre,
Hearing that from yoou makes my point. clueless but never in doubt---thats you.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 1 Aug, 2020 09:58 am
@farmerman,
Mark’s not in the best of moods right now. Tomorrow is the Championship play off final, a place in the Premiership is up for grabs.

It could have been an all Welsh affair between Cardiff and Swansea, but they both lost their respective semi finals, and now, like the FA Cup it’s an all London affair.
farmerman

Sat 1 Aug, 2020 06:35 pm
@izzythepush,
who is Mark?
Sturgis

Sat 1 Aug, 2020 10:23 pm
@farmerman,
mark noble
0 Replies

cherrie

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 05:01 am
Victoria has just been declared a State of Disaster with stage 4 restrictions coming into force effective immediately in Melbourne. There's now a curfew between 8pm and 5am, and everything except essential shops will be closed again. All schools will close and go back to remote learning.

The rest of the state will go back to stage 3 restrictions on Wednesday. Limits have been re-introduced in supermarkets on about 60 grocery lines, fortunately they've moved quickly this time before the hoarders strip all the shelves.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 05:03 am
@farmerman,
Sturgis has already answered. I was responding to a post when you’d just referred to Mr Noble.

I was wrong about the play off, it’s not today, it’s on Tuesday.
farmerman

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 05:16 am
@izzythepush,
I cant watch your football. Its as interesting as golf or bowling , or pinochle.
Even basketball has set ups, space limits and strategy whereas soccer is just a maelstrom of bodies, ball, and too much open space that could be better used for a garden.
farmerman

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 05:18 am
@farmerman,
but whatever runs your blender.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 05:37 am
@farmerman,
I don’t watch many sports, football is about it.

I could see you bowling, you could pretend to be Francis Drake just before hopping back in your boat.

I might be mistaken, you could be referring to ten pin bowling and Sir Francis would never have done anything like that. I don’t know if he played skittles even.
farmerman

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 06:01 am
@izzythepush,
theres a whole world of sports (other than fishing and ping pong) that I know nothing about.
I know that, in Afghanistan they have a sport involving catching a goat skin while youre on horse back. Apprently there is no way to keep score
izzythepush

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 06:16 am
@farmerman,
It’s similar to polo.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 07:25 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

theres a whole world of sports (other than fishing and ping pong) that I know nothing about.
I know that, in Afghanistan they have a sport involving catching a goat skin while youre on horse back. Apprently there is no way to keep score

I saw that in a Rambo movie but I have no idea how true to life that may be.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 08:40 am
@Palandre,
We don’t have palaver translators so we’re at a loss
farmerman

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 10:06 am
@Ragman,
theres a few new nutbags whove appeared in the last week or so. I wonder if its just some of the old nutbags with new names.
Theyre voicing opinions on physics and some of the words they use are incorrect titles.

Im gonna go watch You tube, theres a guy on the tube building a cabin out of old wooden pallets. At least he knows what the hell hes doing.
engineer

Sun 2 Aug, 2020 01:29 pm
This is perhaps the most depressing article I've read on the US response to COVID 19. There is far more to the article than the quotes below, worth a read.

How Jared Kushner’s Secret Testing Plan “Went Poof Into Thin Air”

Quote:
Inside the White House, over much of March and early April, Kushner’s handpicked group of young business associates, which included a former college roommate, teamed up with several top experts from the diagnostic-testing industry. Together, they hammered out the outline of a national testing strategy. The group—working night and day, using the encrypted platform WhatsApp—emerged with a detailed plan obtained by Vanity Fair.

Rather than have states fight each other for scarce diagnostic tests and limited lab capacity, the plan would have set up a system of national oversight and coordination to surge supplies, allocate test kits, lift regulatory and contractual roadblocks, and establish a widespread virus surveillance system by the fall, to help pinpoint subsequent outbreaks.

The solutions it proposed weren’t rocket science—or even comparable to the dauntingly complex undertaking of developing a new vaccine. Any national plan to address testing deficits would likely be more on the level of “replicating UPS for an industry,” said Dr. Mike Pellini, the managing partner of Section 32, a technology and health care venture capital fund. “Imagine if UPS or FedEx didn’t have infrastructure to connect all the dots. It would be complete chaos.”

The plan crafted at the White House, then, set out to connect the dots. Some of those who worked on the plan were told that it would be presented to President Trump and likely announced in the Rose Garden in early April. “I was beyond optimistic,” said one participant. “My understanding was that the final document would make its way to the president over that weekend” and would result in a “significant announcement.”

But no nationally coordinated testing strategy was ever announced. The plan, according to the participant, “just went poof into thin air.”

Quote:
By early April, some who worked on the plan were given the strong impression that it would soon be shared with President Trump and announced by the White House. The plan, though imperfect, was a starting point. Simply working together as a nation on it “would have put us in a fundamentally different place,” said the participant.

But the effort ran headlong into shifting sentiment at the White House. Trusting his vaunted political instincts, President Trump had been downplaying concerns about the virus and spreading misinformation about it—efforts that were soon amplified by Republican elected officials and right-wing media figures. Worried about the stock market and his reelection prospects, Trump also feared that more testing would only lead to higher case counts and more bad publicity. Meanwhile, Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House’s coronavirus response coordinator, was reportedly sharing models with senior staff that optimistically—and erroneously, it would turn out—predicted the virus would soon fade away.

Against that background, the prospect of launching a large-scale national plan was losing favor, said one public health expert in frequent contact with the White House’s official coronavirus task force.

Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. “The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” said the expert.

That logic may have swayed Kushner. “It was very clear that Jared was ultimately the decision maker as to what [plan] was going to come out,” the expert said.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Palandre

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 09:25 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eef3yEWXkAEQdv_?format=png&name=360x360
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 01:01 pm
@Palandre,
Quote:

The , alleged, virus is still not isolated and purified.
So, actually, there is NO VIRUS called covid-19 at all.

Youre smokin bus tickets again I see.

BillRM

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 01:33 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:

The , alleged, virus is still not isolated and purified.
So, actually, there is NO VIRUS called covid-19 at all.

Youre smokin bus tickets again I see.

This website have been acting like a bubble sort program running to bring all the nuts and racists and bigots to the surface.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 04:59 pm

New Evidence Suggests Young Children Spread Covid-19 More Efficiently Than Adults

Two new studies, though from different parts of the world, have arrived at the same conclusion:

that young children not only transmit SARS-CoV-2 efficiently, but may be major drivers of the pandemic as well...