Coronavirus

Walter Hinteler

Sat 4 Jul, 2020 09:36 am
@farmerman,
When our squadron commander was on board, I always hoisted the flag upside down - unfortunately, you can't notice that on the burgee

https://i.imgur.com/Akr94QR.jpg
0 Replies

BillRM

Sat 4 Jul, 2020 04:15 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

There is a flag code, which is CFR not in the Constitution.

Im not sure but Ill hve to look up whether the disrespect displayed by flying the flag upside down (WHEN NOT IN DANGER) may be a misdemeanor or a low grade felony. (Im never certain about it , thats why Ive put it out there)

Sorry even when the flag was being burn no one as far a I am aware of was ever charge with a flag crime.

Lot of laws on the books that are dead letter crimes due to the constitution.

Quote:
On June 21, 1989, a deeply divided United States Supreme Court upheld the rights of protesters to burn the American flag in a landmark First Amendment decision. In the controversial Texas v. Johnson case, the Court voted 5-4 in favor of Gregory Lee Johnson, the protester who had burned the flag.Jun 21, 2020
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 4 Jul, 2020 10:38 pm
The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Saturday that it was discontinuing its trials of the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine and combination HIV drug lopinavir/ritonavir for patients in hospital with Covid-19 after they failed to reduce mortality.

The setback came as WHO also reported more than 200,000 new cases globally of the disease for the first time in a single day. The US accounted for 53,213 of the total 212,326 new cases recorded on Friday, the WHO said.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 6 Jul, 2020 10:30 pm
Brazil's president has the virus. Now maybe they will get serious about containing it.
roger

Mon 6 Jul, 2020 11:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
I doubt it.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 05:32 am
After the corona infection of a complete family of twelve in Euskirchen (Germany, near Aix-la-Chapelle), the district's health authority ordered quarantine for about 500 members of a free church community. According to a spokesperson for the authorities, all members of the Euskirchen Mennonite congregation are affected, the Mennonite school and prayer house are closed.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 06:52 am
@Walter Hinteler,
BBC: Coronavirus: Thousands say debilitating symptoms last 'for weeks'
Quote:
Extreme fatigue, nausea, chest tightness, severe headaches, "brain fog" and limb pains are among the recurring symptoms described by some sufferers of Covid-19 for weeks - and even months - after their diagnosis.

They call themselves "long-haulers" and their symptoms persist long after the 14-day period that's officially said to be the average length of the illness.

There are calls for both health professionals and employers to recognise that some people will take a lot longer than two weeks to recover.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 07:29 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

After the corona infection of a complete family of twelve in Euskirchen (Germany, near Aix-la-Chapelle), the district's health authority ordered quarantine for about 500 members of a free church community. According to a spokesperson for the authorities, all members of the Euskirchen Mennonite congregation are affected, the Mennonite school and prayer house are closed.

Man, there are even Trump supporters in obscure German towns! I mean that's why people are still getting the virus, right? Because Trump?
Walter Hinteler

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 07:59 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Man, there are even Trump supporters in obscure German towns! I mean that's why people are still getting the virus, right? Because Trump?
I don't know why you politicise those who are infected, especially, since neither Trump nor the Republicans are on our voting lists.

Or are you referring to the fact that those Mennonites are Germans from Russia?
McGentrix

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 08:04 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

McGentrix wrote:
I don't know why you politicise those who are infected, especially, since neither Trump nor the Republicans are on our voting lists.

Or are you referring to the fact that those Mennonites are Germans from Russia?

It is because liberals in America have decided to blame everything on Trump in an effort to be sure he is not elected again in 2020. For example, Trump is being blamed for Americans continuing to get COVID-19 because he says things. So, if Trump is to blame in America, that must mean he is to blame for everyone in the world that continues to get COVID-19. That is simple logic Walter.

Walter Hinteler

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 08:14 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
That is simple logic Walter.
For simpel and uneducated that might be so.

Here it has been so, because those church members didn't follow the rules.
Region Philbis

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 08:24 am

U.S. Will Pay $1.6 Billion to Novavax for Coronavirus Vaccine

The federal government will pay the vaccine maker Novavax $1.6 billion to expedite the development
of 100 million doses of a coronavirus vaccine by the beginning of next year, the company said on Tuesday.

The deal is the largest that the Trump administration has made so far with a company as part of
Operation Warp Speed, the sprawling federal effort to make coronavirus vaccines and treatments available
to the American public as quickly as possible. In doing so, the government has placed a significant
bet on Novavax, a company based in Maryland that has never brought a product to market
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 08:43 am
@McGentrix,
Bull. There are more and more Republicans vowing to unseat Trump lately. The reality on the ground has collided with fanaticism for them.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 08:51 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

McGentrix wrote:
That is simple logic Walter.
For simpel and uneducated that might be so.

Here it has been so, because those church members didn't follow the rules.

Hold on a second now Walter. Are you suggesting that people might make their own decisions on whether to take personal responsibility for using PPE? They don't just simply read tweets and do what they say like liberals think people do in America?
maxdancona

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 09:41 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

There is a flag code, which is CFR not in the Constitution.

Im not sure but Ill hve to look up whether the disrespect displayed by flying the flag upside down (WHEN NOT IN DANGER) may be a misdemeanor or a low grade felony. (Im never certain about it , thats why Ive put it out there)

You have a constitutional right to burn the American flag. I can't imagine that you would be penalized for hanging it the wrong way.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 09:55 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Are you suggesting that people might make their own decisions on whether to take personal responsibility for using PPE?
No.
They took the personal responsibility for acting unlawfully.

Since not all necessary and ordered measures have been taken to protect against infections, it is obvious that the elders of the parish and/or other members are liable, civil law (liability) and also criminal law (fine).
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 7 Jul, 2020 10:24 am
@maxdancona,
read the flag code. I stated that I wasnt sure about my lgal stance.
Flag Code isnt about ones personal Rights as defined in our Constitution.
Theres nothing about wearing seat belts inthe Constitution, yet some states make it a misdemeanor.

Burning a flag as a symbol of free speech is under a 1970's USSC decision. Im not sure th purposeful act of displaying a flag in a manner that signifies peril is so included.

I was willing to try and on July 4 we had two 4x6 flags on our house hung upside down. Nobody even noticed.

. Read the flag code and let me know what you think the code says

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
(a)The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
(b)The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
(c)The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
(d)The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
(e)The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
(f)The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
(g)The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
(h)The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
(i)The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
(j)No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
(k)The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 01:01 am
The New Statesman has published a series of interactive maps which dramatically visualizes just how bad the United States has been in responding to Covid-19. The maps show areas in the United States and in European countries where there are 50 cases or more of Covid-19 in a week per 100,000 residents.

The German government has set a threshold of 50 cases per 100,000 residents in a week as the trigger for when regions must enter lockdown. If the same rules were applied to the USA then half of Americans would currently be in lockdown (and America might begin to get a handle on this pandemic). In Italy and France there are currently no regions with more than 50 cases per 100,000 residents. In Germany only the region around Gütersloh had been put in lockdown (after an outbreak at a meat-packing plant) - lifted yesterday.
In the UK there are a few regions where there are more the 50 cases per 100,000 residents (these seem to be often related to outbreaks in meat-packing plants or textile sweat-shops).

New Statesman: The maps that show just how disastrous the US’s coronavirus outbreak is
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 10:57 am

EPA approves two Lysol products that effectively kill coronavirus on surfaces

Lysol Disinfectant Spray and Lysol Disinfectant Max Cover Mist meet the EPA's criteria for use against the SARS-CoV-2,
the virus responsible for the ongoing pandemic, based on laboratory testing that found both products kill the virus
two minutes after contact, the agency announced in a statement Monday.

While there are more than 420 products on the list of disinfectants that the EPA says are strong enough to ward off
"harder-to-kill" viruses than the novel coronavirus, the two Lysol products are the first to have been tested
directly against the virus and proved effective...

https://i.imgur.com/AGC4Nw6.png https://i.imgur.com/h2n0UFs.jpg
edgarblythe

Wed 8 Jul, 2020 11:13 am
@Region Philbis,
There hasn't been a Lysol product where I go for months.