Coronavirus

Below viewing threshold (view)
Walter Hinteler

Wed 1 Sep, 2021 08:18 am
@Glennn,
[url]until two weeks after the second experimental injection, you're considered UNVACCINATED[/url]If you don't understand virology and immunolgy - either study medicine or try to get educated about medical and biological basics.
engineer

Wed 1 Sep, 2021 11:32 am
@Glennn,
It's darkly hilarious that you vehemently refuse to recognize how the Covid vaccine provides significant protection against catching the disease and keep calling it "experimental" despite FDA approval and overwhelming evidence in hospitals across the country, but you are all about using an experimental treatment using parasite medicine to treat a deadly viral disease based on the flimsiest of anecdotal evidence.
Region Philbis

Wed 1 Sep, 2021 04:07 pm

https://iili.io/Rjfrrb.jpg
Mame

Wed 1 Sep, 2021 06:03 pm
@Region Philbis,
LOL God, you make me laugh!
0 Replies

Glennn

Wed 1 Sep, 2021 10:23 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
You never did make clear what tony's recommended medical treatment for Covid was. Do you recall the details of his treatment protocol? Yes? No?

It's a trick question. He recommended nothing. That was his proactive approach . . . contrary to the myth that he was all over this thing.

Since when did waiting for an experimental injection qualify as a treatment? That can't possibly be anyone's idea of a proactive approach, can it?
0 Replies

engineer

Thu 2 Sep, 2021 07:55 am
Major meta review of all controlled Ivermectin trials covering ten trials, eight of which were on patients with mild symptoms, one moderate, one severe.

Quote:
Results
Ten RCTs (n = 1173) were included. The controls were the standard of care in 5 RCTs and placebo in 5. COVID-19 disease severity was mild in 8 RCTs, moderate in 1, and mild and moderate in 1. IVM did not reduce all-cause mortality rates compared with controls (relative risk [RR], 0.37 [95% confidence interval, .12–1.13]; very low QoE) or LOS compared with controls (mean difference, 0.72 days [95% confidence interval, −.86 to 2.29 days]; very low QoE). AEs, SAEs, and viral clearance were similar between IVM and control groups (low QoE for all outcomes). Subgroups by severity of COVID-19 or RoB were mostly consistent with main analyses; all-cause mortality rates in 3 RCTs at high RoB were reduced with IVM.

Conclusions
Compared with the standard of care or placebo, IVM did not reduce all-cause mortality, LOS, or viral clearance in RCTs in patients with mostly mild COVID-19. IVM did not have an effect on AEs or SAEs and is not a viable option to treat patients with COVID-19.

Here's also a nice summary of how we got to where we are on IVM.
0 Replies

engineer

Thu 2 Sep, 2021 07:59 am
My sister-in-law is a nurse near Charlotte. She told us her hospital is completely overwhelmed. The number of Covid cases are similar to the worst part of the pandemic earlier this year, but then they had cancelled all non-essential surgeries. They turned all that back on prior to the Delta variant and are not unable to handle the number of patients nor staff to the levels required.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Thu 2 Sep, 2021 03:05 pm

Patients who have suffered heart failure have higher risk
for severe outcomes if they contract COVID-19, researchers say

(today's globe)
0 Replies

BillRM

Thu 2 Sep, 2021 04:16 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

It's darkly hilarious that you vehemently refuse to recognize how the Covid vaccine provides significant protection against catching the disease and keep calling it "experimental" despite FDA approval and overwhelming evidence in hospitals across the country, but you are all about using an experimental treatment using parasite medicine to treat a deadly viral disease based on the flimsiest of anecdotal evidence.

Take note he have been not addressing the question of whether he is vaccine or not so is he on one hand trying to talk others into not protecting themselves and turn instead to horse dewormer instead while being protect himself.

Is he such a low life?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Fri 3 Sep, 2021 12:34 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
But why do you need even more oxygen in your H2O? Tampa Bay Water trucks in liquid oxygen, which it converts to gas, and then adds a spark of electricity to convert it to ozone. This is used in two separate facilities for two separate purposes, says Moore: At a surface-water treatment plant, the ozone kills nasties like bacteria and viruses, and at a different plant it breaks down hydrogen sulfide, a naturally occurring gas that smells like rotten eggs.

https://www.wired.com/story/why-floridas-covid-surge-is-screwing-with-the-water-supply/
0 Replies

Wilso

Sat 4 Sep, 2021 03:06 am
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 6 Sep, 2021 08:00 am
Oregon and Idaho are running out of I.C.U. beds as Covid cases hit records.
Quote:
Oregon and Idaho have joined the list of U.S. states that are running out of I.C.U. beds as both confront a dramatic rise in new coronavirus infections.

The Oregon Health Authority reported on Saturday that only 50 of the state’s 638 hospital beds were still available. Gov. Brad Little of Idaho, a Republican, said in a statement last week that just four of the state’s nearly 400 beds were still open.

The national Delta-driven surge has filled hospitals in many states. Only a handful have more than 30 percent of their overall I.C.U. beds still available, according to data from the Department of Health and Human Services, and many have less.
Mame

Mon 6 Sep, 2021 08:52 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Another problem is the shortage of staff. Hundreds of beds shut down due to lack of trained ICU nurses all over the States. Here in Calgary, we have seen a huge surge in cases, with approx. 90% in hospital unvaccinated. We are back to a mask-mandate, early closings, limited number in public places, transit, etc.

It's the idiots who won't get vaccinated that are responsible; well, them and we opened too early. We have a large number of school children and teachers coming down with Covid requiring isolation of thousands. It's ridiculous and preventable.
roger

Mon 6 Sep, 2021 10:22 am
@Mame,
I know. I got the Pfizer shots and felt a big sense of relief. With this Delta thing, that sense is eroding every day.
Mame

Mon 6 Sep, 2021 12:37 pm
@roger,
Alberta and Saskatchewan are the Texas of Canada. Right-wing, protesting, 'you can't tell me what to do' thinkers. Our two provinces have the lowest and slowest vaccination rates in the country. Churches went against the law (and one pastor was jailed) and held services for 300+ every single week throughout the lockdown. We are under these limitations, but the Provincial government has exempted three towns who are holding stampedes and rodeos. Makes no sense. I am getting really fed up with these people.
oralloy

Mon 6 Sep, 2021 01:07 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
I am getting really fed up with these people.

It was your politicizing of the vaccine that led to people not trusting it.

Although progressivism does have a long history of blaming its victims for its own misdeeds, so at least you are on familiar territory if nothing else.
0 Replies