Bear In Hospital

ehBeth

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 07:03 pm
Thanks for the news, Squinney.

Sending good thoughts down toward theBear.

<Get better Ed! :wink: >
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 08:33 pm
Thanks for the update Squinny. Good thoughts and prayers for all of you heading south.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 08:45 pm
He's still running a fever. Asked the nurse to increase his pain meds, so with extra Dilada it should keep him knocked out for the night. Will re-check his bilirubin in the morning.

Oldest Cubs mom is gonna help with getting him back and forth to work over the weekend. That will be a big help.

Off to bed so I can be there bright and early to catch the doctor on rounds. Hopefully I'll get a better idea of when they plan to do the gallbladder surgery.

G' nite.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 09:32 pm
Yes, good night to you, and to Bear & cubs. All different nights.

All intertwined.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:20 pm
Thanks for the update, squinney.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:43 pm
Sleep sleep sleep.... all you bears. BPB, especially you, rest up buddy.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:53 pm
Night night, Squinney. Sleep well. Very Happy
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 06:36 am
Good grief, that's one helluva traffic jam he's got going on.
Prayers from here to get him back in the flow.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 06:42 am
Hope Bear starts feeling better soon! We miss him!!!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 08:26 am
squinney wrote:
Said will still have to remove the gallbladder after a few more days. Pancreas has to have time to calm down before they can do it.

That explains the delay! Still, the news is starting to sound better.

(RE CATHETERS: the only discomfort is when an insensitive nurse does not pull it out properly.)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 08:39 am
I wondered about the delay, Wandel. Now I understand.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 09:02 am
Continued best wishes to Bear, Squinney, and Cubs.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 03:25 pm
New day. New complications.

Rattle appeared and x-ray confirmed fluid in lungs. Changing to broader range antibiotic. Also, upping his pain meds, since he is still indicating high level of pain. Starting respiratory treatments to open up his lungs, q6 which won't help with his complaint of not being able to sleep / constantly being awakened. Fever stabalized at 100.5, which is lowgrade given the circumstances, so that was good news.

Keeps dreaming of going to the grocery store. Awakens and wonders where he is, and where the Mountain Dew is that he just bought. Guess that one small sip of water per hour isn't quite quenching his thirst.

Gallbladder surgery Monday if pancreas better, maybe Tuesday if still too inflamed. Will wait and see.

Had to run home to check on kids (luckily it's less than 4 miles to hospital) and wanted to let you know what was going on. Going back in a few minutes.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 03:27 pm
Great news about the fever. Yikes about the fluid in lungs. Is that separate or connected to the gallstone/ pancreas problem somehow? (No need to answer, just trying to figure out how this works...)

Poor guy, and poor you. Are older cubs being of service yet? Younger cubs too -- they can all do laundry, right?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 03:38 pm
Fluid is likely due to being prone for several days, or may have had bile come up when sick to stomach, and then swallowed wrong, or may have coughed and then swallowed wrong... In other words, not sure.

Cubs are 14, 16 and 22. 22 YO is not "really" like 22 and has seizures, but 14 and 16 yo"s know what to do. 14 was doing dishes and taking out trash when I got home. No, I hadn't asked. 16 had already vacuumed and done some laundry. They are doing pretty well with all this and pitching in. I won't mention the laundry was just because she needed a pair of jeans... At least she thought to put other family member darks in too.

Got microwavable stuff, yogurt, fruits, etc. this morning, so they have stuff they can grab.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 03:41 pm
Yay cubs.

How are you doing?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 03:45 pm
Squinney--

The cubs are a credit to their raising.

This will be a memorable holiday weekend.

You're all in my thoughts.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 03:46 pm
Tired, but hanging in there. Can't sleep as well in our big ol' bed. I did climb into bed with him at the hospital to spoon (his request to be held) and snoozed for about thirty minutes. Nurse came by and pulled the curtain. I wonder how many times they see that?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 03:49 pm
That's the sweetest thing that I have ever heard, Squinney. Tell him that we are all in that bed with him in spirit.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 04:04 pm
Continued good wishes to you, Bear, and cubs.
0 Replies