Bush Speaks Tonight From Fort Bragg- Oooh-Rah!

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 12:29 pm
I don't know Cy. Everytime I turn around, someone who is against Bush is throwing up comparisons to Hitler or the 3rd Reich. I guess some of us just get tired of hearing the same old thing. I mean, come on, get a bit original. Come up with some new comparison just to keep us laughing. Like maybe Stalin or how about Ghengis Khan (not sure if I got the spelling right, sorry). But get off of the Hitler kick is all we are asking. :wink:
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 12:39 pm
Well, why other explaination could there be? Why the need to continuously bring bring up some dumb assed Hitler quote or Nazi reference in every other thread?

You may call it childish, lord knows you are an expert in acting childish, but I'd like to know if Hitler represents some sort of liberal fetish.

Bush could blow his nose and next thing you know, one of you guys are there with a clip of Hitler doing the same thing.

Tell you what. You guys stop making Hitler/Nazi references and I will, in turn, stop pointing them out.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 12:42 pm
I also wondered about the 9/11-Iraqi resistance link. It's as though, not long after acknowledging that Iraq wasn't behind the 9/11 attacks, Bush has to ever-so-subtly lump them together again.

It's called the Big Lie, as thethinkfactory cites, and citing Hitler, McG, doesn't make one a fan of his. As if you didn't know that...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 12:43 pm
McGentrix wrote:
You may call it childish, lord knows you are an expert in acting childish, but I'd like to know if Hitler represents some sort of liberal fetish. (emphasis added)

My remark to Cyclo make no invidious references to your personality. You could not respond, however, without making such a remark about me. Keep this in mind the next time you try to claim the moral high ground with me about the character of people's responses in these threads--and retailing the falsehood that all i do is make such remarks.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 12:47 pm
Acq, the inference that Iraq had an al Qaeda and September 11th link was crucial to the political scare tactics used to get the war resolution in the first place. I don't believe, however, that it will work this time. As the country boys say: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." I don't think the American people are that stupid.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 12:51 pm
Setanta wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
You may call it childish, lord knows you are an expert in acting childish, but I'd like to know if Hitler represents some sort of liberal fetish. (emphasis added)

My remark to Cyclo make no invidious references to your personality. You could not respond, however, without making such a remark about me. Keep this in mind the next time you try to claim the moral high ground with me about the character of people's responses in these threads--and retailing the falsehood that all i do is make such remarks.

I was not replying to you.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 12:51 pm
Keep in mind that I didn't post the comparison to Hitler, though I don't think it is as inappropriate as you seem to think.

One of the ways we progress as a people is by recognizing the errors of the past and carefully guarding for them now that we have the knowledge to do so.

You see comparisons to Hitler because frankly so much of what is said by the Administration right now is eerily reminiscent of the types of things that Hitler and his aides said on a regular basis. This scares people. We'd rather be seen as too cautious than ignore the comparisons, especially in the days when our country seems to be moving more toward the Nazi model than in any time in history; unity through an external threat combined with a gradual removal of freedoms and the right to dissent is a hallmark of Fascism.

The Right brings up Hitler at least as often as the Left does; you just don't seem to recall those instances, is all....... by accusing the Left of being Fans of Hitler you are basically doing the same thing as those you seek to criticize. Ironic.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 12:54 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I was not replying to you.

Cyclo made no invidious personal remarks either--it doesn't matter to whom you were speaking, you've demonstrated clearly the tenor of your characteristic responses. And yet you always lash out at others saying that such behavior is typical of them, but not admitting to the habit you have of responding in that manner.

To use one of your favorite stalking horses, nice contribution to the thread.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 12:55 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
You see comparisons to Hitler because frankly so much of what is said by the Administration right now is eerily reminiscent of the types of things that Hitler and his aides said on a regular basis. This scares people. We'd rather be seen as too cautious than ignore the comparisons, especially in the days when our country seems to be moving more toward the Nazi model than in any time in history; unity through an external threat combined with a gradual removal of freedoms and the right to dissent is a hallmark of Fascism.

That's complete and utter BS.

What freedoms have you lost? What dissention has been quelled?

Please back up these claims of a move towards fascism.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 01:12 pm
Sheesh, surely you are being Facetious.

Quote:
What freedoms have you lost?

2 words: Patriot Act

Quote:
What dissention has been quelled?

"the MEDIA is hurting our war efforts"

"The hate-America first crowd"

You will note that my line said the GRADUAL removal of freedoms and the right to dissent. These things cannot be accomplished in Amercia overnight, our populace is too independently minded and the internet helps expose the lies.

The point is not that Bush=Hitler, but that he would LIKE to be more like Hitler if he could. He's even said so in the past.

Why am I even discussing this with you? Sheesh

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 01:21 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

No, I am being dead serious.

Quote:
Quote:

Doesn't answer my question. The Patriot act denies you no freedoms and curtails none of your rights.

Quote:
Quote:

So, because dissent is ridiculed, that somehow leads to fascism? Seems to me you are in favor of curtailing the freedom of speech of those who hold an opinion opposite yours. It seems too many liberals wish to be able to sit back and compare our president to Hitler, and our government to Nazi Germany and the soldiers fighting to provide the same freedom they enjoy to the rest of the world to jack-booted fascists while crying foul whenever someone speaks up against what they are saying. That's stupendously retarded.

So, again I ask, what dissention is being quelled?

Quote:
You will note that my line said the GRADUAL removal of freedoms and the right to dissent. These things cannot be accomplished in Amercia overnight, our populace is too independently minded and the internet helps expose the lies.

The point is not that Bush=Hitler, but that he would LIKE to be more like Hitler if he could. He's even said so in the past.

Cycloptichorn

Bush would LIKE to be more like Hitler? Please. So much rubbish.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 01:23 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
I mean, come on, get a bit original. Come up with some new comparison just to keep us laughing... But get off of the Hitler kick is all we are asking. :wink:

okay. fair enough. bush isn't hitler.

http://image.timepassagesnostalgia.com/watermarked/images94/9437howdypin.jpg

Mr. Green
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 01:25 pm
A base slur against a harmless puppet . . .
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 01:26 pm
Quote:
George Bush: "If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - just so long I'm the dictator." December 18, 2000

And as far as I am concerned, there's no point in discussing the issue further with someone who can't realize what is happening to his own country because he is blinded by ideology and fear.

Good day, sir

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 01:29 pm
McGentrix wrote:

GOV. GEORGE W. BUSH (R-TX), PRESIDENT-ELECT: I told all four that there were going to be some times where we don't agree with each other. But that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.

cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS

Question Question Question Question
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 01:30 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
George Bush: "If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - just so long I'm the dictator." December 18, 2000

And as far as I am concerned, there's no point in discussing the issue further with someone who can't realize what is happening to his own country because he is blinded by ideology and fear.

Good day, sir

Cycloptichorn

In other words, you can not backup your assertions that "our country seems to be moving more toward the Nazi model than in any time in history; unity through an external threat combined with a gradual removal of freedoms and the right to dissent is a hallmark of Fascism."

The only one in this conversation that is blinded by ideology and fear is quoted above.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 01:30 pm
George Bush? I agree.

Good DAY, sir

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 01:35 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

GOV. GEORGE W. BUSH (R-TX), PRESIDENT-ELECT: I told all four that there were going to be some times where we don't agree with each other. But that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.

cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS

Question Question Question Question

Yeah, where does Hitler fit in? Is he the only dictator you guys can come up with?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 01:37 pm
What, would you prefer Stalin?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 01:38 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cycloptichorn

Now you are really stretching!!!!
0 Replies