Bush Speaks Tonight From Fort Bragg- Oooh-Rah!

parados

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 08:22 pm
Lash wrote:
Try this.

Its called ...reading.

Stay with me, parados.

Quote:
I showed a couple of instances where they worked together.

Quote:
Because the Commission couldn't cite specific collaboration in an act of international terrorism DOES NOT preclude them from working together to benefit one anothers' causes. This document in fact, proves that they did.

Working together, and working together on international terrorism are...two....different.....things.

They are shown and proven to have worked together.

Oh? they were PROVEN? What part of reading do YOU not understand?

Lets read the parts that you quoted..

Quote:

...two al Qaeda members reportedly ...
Sources reported that one, or perhaps both, of these meetings was apparently ...
Similar meetings between Iraqi officials and Bin Ladin or his aides may have occurred
But to date we have seen no evidence that these or the earlier contacts ever developed into a collaborative operational relationship.

This language about al Qaeda's "understanding" with Iraq had been dropped, however, when a superseding indictment was filed in November 1998
The memo found no "compelling case" ...
Finally, the memo said, there was no confirmed reporting on Saddam cooperating with Bin Ladin ....

Which statement PROVES they worked together?

By the way.. Rove REPORTEDLY revealed the fact that Plame was a CIA undercover operative.. Does that PROVE he did it? I bet you don't think "reportedly" means PROVE in that case.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 08:54 pm
LOL!!! <laughed, but a bit tiring...>

Yes, you're right.

After all, the thing is called the 911 Report.

It is a report, hence their pesky use of reportedly....LOL!!!

Anyway, you're cut off.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 08:56 pm
It's a report so they use reportedly.
What kind of school are you going to, Lash?

Good grief, that's just sad.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 09:01 pm
Did you notice how many times the report says reportedly, apparently, evidence that may indicate...?

Unless you have Exhibit A, pictures or taped conversation, EVERYTHING IS REPORTEDLY.

That's what intel is--a report.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 10:56 pm
So, your proof of Saddam and al Qaeda working together is a report, i.e. a usually detailed account or statement, in which these allegations are reported, i.e. common talk or an account spread by common talk, rumor.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 12:28 pm
Lash wrote:
LOL!!! <laughed, but a bit tiring...>

Yes, you're right.

After all, the thing is called the 911 Report.

It is a report, hence their pesky use of reportedly....LOL!!!

Anyway, you're cut off.

It must be tiring to keep spinning the same crap over and over after you see how ludicrous it is on its face.

You stated it was "proven". "Reportedly" is not the same thing as "proven." Even you have to see that.

It is suspected. It may have happened. It might even be likely but it is not confirmed and it is in no way proven. Don't forget that the part you keep promoting was later dropped from the indictment, probably for lack of evidence.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 07:21 pm
...probably...?

Anyway, my point has been that it is proven they met, did stuff for each other--and that points to a likelihood that they colluded. On 911? Maybe not. On Salam Pak, some weapons procurement...? A safe haven for some nasty AQ guys...probably...

Quite simple. Nothing sinister. Some people just can't seem to bear to admit it is quite a glaring possibility.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 07:41 pm
Lash wrote:
...probably...?

Anyway, my point has been that it is proven they met, did stuff for each other--and that points to a likelihood that they colluded. On 911? Maybe not. On Salam Pak, some weapons procurement...? A safe haven for some nasty AQ guys...probably...

Quite simple. Nothing sinister. Some people just can't seem to bear to admit it is quite a glaring possibility.

I don't care how you want to slice it..........

a "glaring possibility" is not a proven fact.

As for it being "proven they met"..... ROFLMBO.. where is that even talked about, let alone proven?
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 07:41 pm
"a glaring possibility"..............we really have reached the era of Newspeak.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 08:11 pm
Lash wrote:
Working together, and working together on international terrorism are...two....different.....things.

Yes, they are. And that was by the way, what was recognized in the thinking of the 911 Commission when it said that they had found no operational relationship to promote terrorism between al qeada and Iraq, and no connection of Iraq and 911.

You have taken incidents of contacts; contacts from which there is no verifable evidence of further actions in concert, insisted that the contacts are prima fascia evidence of active collaboration, then further insist that these imaginary collaborations were evidence of active joint participation in the planning of or actual attacks on America.

From the way you have responded, I believe that the first time you even saw any full and footnoted passages of the 911 report was when I posted them. Prior to my posting of the actual sections of the report, your postings on this matter were clearly and obviously cullings from press report redactions and distortions of the actual report in the right wing press. All you did was use what I had posted from the report and truncated portions the text to distort the full context and meaning of the words. It is a rare thing indeed to see such blatant buggery of the facts.

Parados, I thank you for saving me time typing.

Setanta, you were right.

On another note, I wish to express my disappointment at the moderator of this thread for removing from this thread my post early today. I would expect a class act would have explained such actions it via email.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 09:45 pm
kuvasz--

You are mistaken. I read the 911 Commission Report--pertinent passages-- when it came out.

I have referred to it specifically in conversations on this forum previously. You are grossly mistaken when you assume I haven't read them earlier.

You have lied about me in your efforts to make yourself not look as wrong as you are about the contents of the 911 Report, and you will apologize if you possess integrity. I have NEVER brought any writings about the 911 Report to use as proof of anything. I use the Report itself. I know you are quite reliable to buy leftist swill and eat it up as truth--but all here aren't given to such inane behavior.

I just don't do it. Retract the lie, or prove it.

You are also guilty of fabricating information to suit your story re this, your statement:

You have taken incidents of contacts; contacts from which there is no verifable evidence of further actions in concert, insisted that the contacts are prima fascia evidence of active collaboration, then further insist that these imaginary collaborations were evidence of active joint participation in the planning of or actual attacks on America.

----
This is another lie. I said no such thing.

You had to invent something to disagree with--because you know what I was actually stating is true and undeniable.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 06:36 am
Lash, you did provide statements from the 9/11 report directly but then below it in your (I think it was Blue coded) words you interpreted it. It is the interpretations which is the causes of dispute.

It reminds me of Bible debate boards. People bring up biblical quotes and then say what it means. Often times one person's meaning is not the same as the another person's meaning. Yet only one or the other can be correct.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 06:57 am
I see Lash has resorted to the "liar, liar" defense..

Sorry, Lash but there is a big difference between "may have" and proven. You keep claiming things are proven. There is no such conviction in the 911 report. They even mention that the "understanding" talked about earlier was later removed from later documents. Why would the possibility of an "understanding" not be included if it was proven?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 07:39 am
Kuvasz,

The thread Lash is referring to can be found here. It will probably save you time and argument here since we are just recycling what was written there. It is interesting to see the progression of how Lash convinced herself that her opinions were facts.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51619&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10

She continues on here then...
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51619&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=190

and here
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51619&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=260

I always loved this post from Lash

Quote:
I am not the first to get personal--but when others do-- I take it as a welcomed invitation to do the same. And, I will. Every time. No matter how many people don't like it.

Disagreeing with Lash is getting personal I guess.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 07:55 am
Lash,

Just to clarify.. let me say it this way...

They may have been working on a collaborative relationship--they may have HAD a collaborative relationship. But, we haven't been able to find evidence of it.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 03:19 pm
You claimed that the report said Saddam OBL met, actually it was a operative of Saddam. It has said that they found no evidence that anything ever come of it.

What started the whole thing was you saying that the report shows there was collaborative relationship. The report comes right out and says they could find no collaborative relationship. There were contacts and similar interest but those contacts and similar interest did not add up to a collaborative relationship.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 03:23 pm
No, revel. It says there was no collaborative OPERATIONAL relationship.

They (911 Report) give testimony of a collaborative relationship.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 03:30 pm
Lash wrote:
No, revel. It says there was no collaborative OPERATIONAL relationship.

Quote:
They (911 Report) give testimony of a collaborative relationship.

Really, ok I guess I never read that part. Could you cite that part for me?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 03:35 pm
Lash wrote:
This post is a colorific nightmare. Here is the code. Red is straight from the 911 Commission report. Blue is me. Black is Commission Report that I didn't care to make red.

I will not entertain any comments that don't cite specific quotes from the 911 Commission Report.

kuvasz--

I don't mind at all going through this again--as long as we ONLY consider the direct quotes from the 911 Commission. I'm not going to hold myself to that standard, and you start dragging up MoveOn.org and Dem.com theories.

I'm tired of linking to the sites and bringing stuff over, so I'll just highlight some of kicky's excerpts from the previous page.

Quote:
Bin Ladin was also willing to explore possibilities for cooperation with Iraq,

No one seems to understand that this simple statement completely and utterly negates the "OBL wouldn't work with Saddam due to religious differences. This has been proven, therefore religious differences were OBVIOUSLY not as important to OBL as getting assistance when he needed it.

Bin Ladin had in fact been sponsoring anti-Saddam Islamists in Iraqi Kurdistan, and sought to attract them into his Islamic army. (ref 53)

Which is important because he later STOPPED THIS BEHAVIOR ON SADDAM'S REQUEST. This is proof that OBL was willing to make concessions for Saddam Hussein. He did Saddam a favor. He complied with a request from Saddam.

53. CIA analytic report,"Ansar al-Islam:Al Qa'ida's Ally in Northeastern Iraq," CTC 2003-40011CX, Feb. 1, 2003.

Quote:
To protect his own ties with Iraq, Turabi reportedly brokered an agreement that Bin Ladin would stop supporting activities against Saddam. Bin Ladin apparently honored this pledge,

More proof that OBL did a favor for Saddam. He took action to benefit Saddam.

In the late 1990s, these extremist groups suffered major defeats by Kurdish forces. In 2001, with Bin Ladin's help they re-formed into an organization called Ansar al Islam. There are indications that by then the Iraqi regime tolerated and may even have helped Ansar al Islam against the common Kurdish enemy. (ref 54)

54. Ibid.; Intelligence report, al Qaeda and Iraq, Aug. 1, 1997.

Well, HELLO!!!! Here we have OBL and SADDAM working together!!!! What's that you say...???? Did you say WORKING TOGETHER...??? OSAMA BIN LADEN AND SADDAM, YOU SAY????

Yeah. That's what I say. It's also what the 911 Commission say. An al-Quaida group in Iraq, with Iraq's tolerance. Just what Bush said.

Quote:
With the Sudanese regime acting as intermediary, Bin Ladin himself met with a senior Iraqi intelligence officer in Khartoum in late 1994 or early 1995. Bin Ladin is said to have asked for space to establish training camps, as well as assistance in procuring weapons, but there is no evidence that Iraq responded to this request. (ref 55)
Again, OBL not to proud to beg...Saddam. There's "no evidence" that Saddam said OK, but as we have seen, Saddam and OBL have a history of rubbing each others' backs. Why wouldn't he do it? Did he give his good bud some land? Was it named Salman Pak? Maybe.

Quote:
There is also evidence that around this time Bin Ladin sent out a number of feelers to the Iraqi regime, offering some cooperation. None are reported to have received a significant response. According to one report, Saddam Hussein's efforts at this time to rebuild relations with the Saudis and other Middle Eastern regimes led him to stay clear of Bin Ladin. (ref 74)

Binny, begging his bud Saddam for more help. They say ONE report poo-poo's the plausibility of Saddam helping him, as asked. What did the OTHER reports say?

Quote:
In mid-1998, the situation reversed; it was Iraq that reportedly took the initiative. In March 1998, after Bin Ladin's public fatwa against the United States, two al Qaeda members reportedly went to Iraq to meet with Iraqi intelligence. In July, an Iraqi delegation traveled to Afghanistan to meet first with the Taliban and then with Bin Ladin. Sources reported that one, or perhaps both, of these meetings was apparently arranged through Bin Ladin's Egyptian deputy, Zawahiri, who had ties of his own to the Iraqis. In 1998, Iraq was under intensifying U.S. pressure, which culminated in a series of large air attacks in December. (ref 75)
75. Intelligence report, Iraq approach to Bin Ladin, Mar. 16, 1999.

Um, hello. What does his mean to you?

Quote:
Similar meetings between Iraqi officials and Bin Ladin or his aides may have occurred in 1999 during a period of some reported strains with the Taliban. According to the reporting, Iraqi officials offered Bin Ladin a safe haven in Iraq. Bin Ladin declined, apparently judging that his circumstances in Afghanistan remained more favorable than the Iraqi alternative. The reports describe friendly contacts and indicate some common themes in both sides' hatred of the United States. But to date we have seen no evidence that these or the earlier contacts ever developed into a collaborative operational relationship. Nor have we seen evidence indicating that Iraq cooperated with al Qaeda in developing or carrying out any attacks against the United States. (ref 76)

Quote:
Though intelligence gave no clear indication of what might be afoot, some intelligence reports mentioned chemical weapons, pointing toward work at a camp in southern Afghanistan called Derunta. On November 4, 1998, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York unsealed its indictment of Bin Ladin, charging him with conspiracy to attack U.S. defense installations. The indictment also charged that al Qaeda had allied itself with Sudan, Iran, and Hezbollah. The original sealed indictment had added that al Qaeda had "reached an understanding with the government of Iraq that al Qaeda would not work against that government and that on particular projects, specifically including weapons development, al Qaeda would work cooperatively with the Government of Iraq."

[code]Wot?

Wot???

WOT???[/code]
109 This passage led Clarke, who for years had read intelligence reports on Iraqi-Sudanese cooperation on chemical weapons, to speculate to Berger that a large Iraqi presence at chemical facilities in Khartoum was "probably a direct result of the Iraq-Al Qida agreement."

But...how could that be...? a direct result of an AlQuaida/Iraq whatty-wot? Clarke added that VX precursor traces found near al Shifa were the "exact formula used by Iraq (ref 110) This language about al Qaeda's "understanding" with Iraq had been dropped, however, when a superseding indictment was filed in November 1998

110. NSC email, Clarke to Berger, Nov. 4, 1998. Evidence on Iraqi ties to al Qaeda is summarized in chapter 2.

. The memo found no "compelling case" that Iraq had either planned or perpetrated the attacks. .... Arguing that the case for links between Iraq and al Qaeda was weak, the memo pointed out that Bin Ladin resented the secularism of Saddam Hussein's regime. Finally, the memo said, there was no confirmed reporting on Saddam cooperating with Bin Ladin on unconventional weapons. (ref 62)

There are people who have so much invested in not seeing a connection between Saddam and OBL that they refuse to see what is laid out here in very explicit language.

It gives you very clear instances of the two working together, doing things to benefit one another, helping one another... It is undeniable. Because the Commission couldn't cite specific collaboration in an act of international terrorism DOES NOT preclude them from working together to benefit one anothers' causes. This document in fact, proves that they did.
[/color]

Refute it.

Read red. Red is from the Report. Most people who don't have an agenda will read the red excerpts and realize the evidence and reports are overwhelming evidence that the two did stuff for each other. Doing stuff for each other is working toward mutual goals...which is working together....which is collaboration.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 03:53 pm
Once again I am corrected by you, feel like I have one more strike.

There were contacts and similar interest but those contacts and interest did not come to a collaborative operational relationship.
0 Replies