Bush Speaks Tonight From Fort Bragg- Oooh-Rah!

parados

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 04:04 pm
Lash,

Let me state this yet again.....

They may have been working on a collaborative relationship--they may have HAD a collaborative relationship. But, we haven't been able to find evidence of it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 04:08 pm
revel--

You have a clean slate!

parados--

That is exactly what I've been trying to say. There's just no legitimate derision for people who see the possibility for a collusion between Saddam and OBL--due to the 911 Report. Yet, they are derided all the time here--and that is why I have been singing his song from the rafters.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 04:14 pm
No. Lash..
You have been derided for saying it has been PROVEN...

You can't seem to tell the difference between MAY have colluded and PROVED to have colluded..
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 05:25 pm
No. The items within the report are what has been proven--therefore, it isn't unreasonable at all to believe that the meetings and assistance and what not shared between OBL and Saddam were in fact more fruitful than what we have proof of.

Some things were proven...some are left to conjecture.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 05:40 pm
Lash wrote:
No. The items within the report are what has been proven--therefore, it isn't unreasonable at all to believe that the meetings and assistance and what not shared between OBL and Saddam were in fact more fruitful than what we have proof of.

Some things were proven...some are left to conjecture.

Yes, and there are more WMD in Iraq then we have proof of too.... Rolling Eyes

The only problem with your argument Lash is your opinions are passed off as facts.

Quote:
Which is important because he later STOPPED THIS BEHAVIOR ON SADDAM'S REQUEST. This is proof that OBL was willing to make concessions for Saddam Hussein. He did Saddam a favor. He complied with a request from Saddam.
You SPECULATE that it was stopped at Saddam's request. The 911 commission says no such thing.

Quote:
There's "no evidence" that Saddam said OK, but as we have seen, Saddam and OBL have a history of rubbing each others' backs. Why wouldn't he do it? Did he give his good bud some land? Was it named Salman Pak? Maybe.

Quote:
Binny, begging his bud Saddam for more help. They say ONE report poo-poo's the plausibility of Saddam helping him, as asked. What did the OTHER reports say?
Reports NOT in the 911 report are now your source? You just make this stuff up as you go along from the looks of it.

We are right back to where we started Lash.. You speculate on what was NOT said in the report and then claim the report PROVES they worked together. You can't point to a single unspeculative point where the 911 commission states that Saddam and Bin Laden worked together.

Quote:
I used the words straight from the report.
Well, Lash..
I challenge you to use the words from the report without any editorial comment on your part (only the words from the report in the order the report used them.) and make your case of Saddam and Bin Laden working together. You can't in spite of your claim that you "used the words straight from the report."
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 05:49 pm
Anyone with any level of honesty privately acknowledges what has been proven and outlined in the report.

I don't care what you think.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 05:51 pm
Lash wrote:
Anyone with any level of honesty privately acknowledges what has been proven and outlined in the report.

I don't care what you think.

Sure.. Rolling Eyes

that must be why not ONE single person has agreed with you on this.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 05:53 pm
By the way Lash in response to your failure to provide direct quotes from the report let me quote you....

Lash wrote:
That lame ass dodge .... proves people who don't want to admit something will do and say anything, no matter how stupid, to avoid the issue.

Rather lame to claim you "don't care" after arguing the issue for so long.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 05:55 pm
Again, you misread.

Didn't say I didn't care about the subject.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 05:59 pm
I didn't misread at all Lash.. (Notice I didn't use the phrase "the subject" in my statement. You seem to have made that up to find a point you could actually argue.)

I don't want to even begin to count the number of times you have responded to me on this and other threads on this issue. But that's right.. Your lame excuse is you don't care... :wink:
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 06:55 am
911 Commission wrote:
To protect his own ties with Iraq, Turabi reportedly brokered an agreement that Bin Ladin would stop supporting activities against Saddam. Bin Ladin apparently honored this pledge,

From which, Lash concluded
Lash wrote:
More proof that OBL did a favor for Saddam. He took action to benefit Saddam.

But bin Laden didn't do a favor for Saddam. He did a favor for Turabi, head of al-Anser. That is a very different thing.

al-Anser was a militant fundy Islamic group. So bin Laden liked them. This group was fighting Kurdish forces, whom Saddam was also fighting. So Saddam said to Turabi, "I'll let you keep your little militant fundy Islamic fighting force going-I won't attack you-IF you get your buddy bin Laden to cease his military attacks on me".

So Turabi turned to bin Laden and said, "Hey Osama, Saddam said he won't attack my men, since we're helping fight the Kurds, if you stop military operations against his army. Do me a favor and lay off against Saddam so I can beat the Kurds, willya?"

So bin Laden said, "Okay Turabi, for YOU, I will temporarily stop military operations against Saddam's army, since I want to see you succeed against the Kurds."

Osama bin Laden didn't stop attacking Saddam at Saddam's request. bin Laden stopped attacking Saddam at Turabi's request. bin Laden didn't do a damn thing on behalf of Saddam.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 10:03 am
parados wrote:
I didn't misread at all Lash.. (Notice I didn't use the phrase "the subject" in my statement. You seem to have made that up to find a point you could actually argue.)

I don't want to even begin to count the number of times you have responded to me on this and other threads on this issue. But that's right.. Your lame excuse is you don't care... :wink:

Again you misread. Didn't say you used the word "subject".

As for the responses--this is a message board.

You will likely run into folks here who will defend their opinion when you challenge it.

After a while, they may consider it a waste of their time, and no longer care what you think.

As I have re you.

keltic--

Just keep saying it. You may eventually convince yourself.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 07:42 pm
Lash wrote:

keltic--

Just keep saying it. You may eventually convince yourself.

Hah! You don't have an intelligent response. So you came out with a snide one.

Confusing sarcasm with pith is the mark of the immature.

To repeat-by your OWN citation, bin Laden ceased attacking Saddam's forces at the behest of Turabi, whom bin Laden was philosophically allied with.

bin Laden didn't do a damn thing for Saddam. He helped out his friend Turabi. That is it.

There was no cooperation between bin Laden and Saddam at all.

Incidentally, the fact that bin Laden was in the state of attacking Saddam-doesn't that tell you something about the two? That they are so hostile by nature toward each other that a temporary cessation of hostilities is viewed by yourself as being "cooperation"?

News flash: most countries or organizations are not engaged in violent hostilites against each other. Not fighting each other is the normal state of affairs. The fact that you view a temporary cessation of hostilities as a sign of "cooperation" is hilarious.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 08:35 am
Spoof of Bush Wins Faulkner Contest (link)

Hemispheres

2005 FAUX FAULKNER WINNER

The Administration and the Fury
If William Faulkner were writing on the Bush White House

By Sam Apple
Quote:
Down the hall, under the chandelier, I could see them talking. They were walking toward me and Dick s face was white, and he stopped and gave a piece of paper to Rummy, and Rummy looked at the piece of paper and shook his head. He gave the paper back to Dick and Dick shook his head. They disappeared and then they were standing right next to me.

"Georgie s going to walk down to the Oval Office with me," Dick said.

"I just hope you got him all good and ready this time," Rummy said.

"Hush now," Dick said. "This aint no laughing matter. He know lot more than folks think." Dick patted me on the back good and hard. "Come on now, Georgie," Dick said. "Never mind you, Rummy."

We walked down steps to the office. There were paintings of old people on the walls and the room was round like a circle and Condi was sitting on my desk. Her legs were crossed.

"Did you get him ready for the press conference?" Dick said.

"Dont you worry about him. He ll be ready," Condi said. Condi stood up from the desk. Her legs were long and she smelled like the Xeroxed copies of the information packets they give me each day.

"Hello Georgie," Condi said. "Did you come to see Condi?" Condi rubbed my hair and it tickled.

"Dont go messing up his hair," Dick said. "Hes got a press conference in a few minutes."

Condi wiped some spit on her hand and patted down my hair. Her hand was soft and she smelled like Xerox copies coming right out of the machine. "He looks just fine," Condi said.

Fine day, isn t it, Georgie, Daddy said. Daddy was pitching horseshoes. Horseshoes flew through the air and it was hot. Jeb looked at me. Stand back or one of his horseshoes is going to hit you and knock you down real good, Jeb said. Jeb threw the horseshoe and it went right over the stick and Daddy clapped. Run and get me that horseshoe, Georgie, Daddy said. I ran and picked up the horseshoe. The metal was hot in my hands, and I held it for a little bit and then I dropped it. I picked it up. It was hot in my hands and I started running away from Daddy and Jeb. Come back with that horseshoe, Daddy said. I was running as fast as I could. Jeb run after him and get me my horseshoe before he throws another one in the river, Daddy hollered. Jeb was chasing after me fast. Come back with that horseshoe, Georgie, Jeb hollered. But I was fast and I kept running until I got to the river. Dont you dare throw that horseshoe in the river, Jeb said. I threw the horseshoe in the river. Jeb fell on the ground. Jeb kicked and cried and then I cried.

"He needs his makeup," Dick said.

"I ll do it," Condi said. She put a little brush on my check and it tickled and I laughed.

Rummy walked into the room. "Jesus, what s he laughing about," Rummy said.

"Dont you pay attention to him, Georgie," Dick said. "They re going to be asking you all about Social Security. You just remember what we talked about."

"He cant remember anything," Rummy said.

I started to holler. Dick s face was red and he looked at Rummy. "I told you to hush up already," Dick said. "Now look what you ve gone and done."

"Go and get him Saddam s gun," Condi said. "You know how he likes to hold it."

Dick went to my desk drawer and took out Saddam s gun. He gave it to me, and it was hot in my hands. Rummy pulled the gun away.

"Do you want him carrying a gun into the press conference?" Rummy said. "Cant you think any better than he can?"

I was hollering and Dick was turning red and then white and the room was tilted.

"You give him that gun back, right this minute," Condi said. Rummy gave me Saddam s gun back and I held it my hands. It was hot like a horseshoe.

"You got the gun, now you stop that hollering," Rummy said.

Condi patted me on the back. "It sure is hot in here," she said. She fanned herself and took off her jacket. She smelled like perfume.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 11:54 am
Heeheehee...I have never read the Sound and the Fury, but I definitely see how the idea came about to cast GWB as the idiot.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 05:15 pm
Conservatives' extreme unquestioning devotion to the idiot-president is excessive and cloying. The partisan loyalty is a joke. Neocons are stuck in a cult-like mindset.

Sheep.

Whatever happened to good, healthy skepticism? Blind devotion is never intelligent.

Oh, wait... fear happened. And now the president is "keeping us safe."

Ha ha.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 08:39 pm
I wonder if they thought of placing him in a version of 'Flowers for Algernon"?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 08:46 pm
Or if they were doing movie characters...maybe Forrest Gump? Naah, he was actually likeable...
0 Replies