Hillary is Poison!

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 08:27 am
Lash wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Which bit of Intrepid's post is complaining about niggardly, pray tell?

Which bit of mine did? Why did you feel compelled to don your usual self-righteous attitude and act as though someone made a fuss about niggardly? I had not.

Quote:
I so don't believe this! Such drama about a wee innocent word. You must promise to give it fair trial, with counsel, Lash.

You should read before bloviating.

Lol - go bloviate yourself into a conniption, and don't be niggardly.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Lash wrote:
Lash wrote:
Niggardly is in the dictionary and means stingy. Did it predate the term "nigger" or is it related?

dlowan. What part of this did you misunderstand?

I didn't think there was anything wrong with it after I looked it up. It is INTREPID who is complaining.

I'm sure you'll make the same comment to him you incorrectly made to me. Since you're all perfectly fair and unbiased in these situations.

Certain you'll apologize to me for your error as well.

Did I complain? Could you please direct me to the complaint department where this alleged complaint took place?
0 Replies

Lash

A new description for Intrepid.

I had been under the impression that niggardly had some negative meaning, and was based on the term "nigger". Obviously, it DOES have a negative meaning, but is NOT related to the term.

Learned something new.

And, a person was FIRED over using the word. Shows how wildly PC the world has become. I think the pendulum's swinging back toward reason, now.

About time.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 08:29 am
Intrepid wrote:
Lash wrote:
Lash wrote:
Niggardly is in the dictionary and means stingy. Did it predate the term "nigger" or is it related?

dlowan. What part of this did you misunderstand?

I didn't think there was anything wrong with it after I looked it up. It is INTREPID who is complaining.

I'm sure you'll make the same comment to him you incorrectly made to me. Since you're all perfectly fair and unbiased in these situations.

Certain you'll apologize to me for your error as well.

Did I complain? Could you please direct me to the complaint department where this alleged complaint took place?

Lol - too much Romulan ale all round, methinks.

Chicthingyagasso seems to have that effect even on sane folk such as yerself.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 08:31 am
I love it.

Bill Clinton's economic performance in office is not supposed to be an issue in his wife's possible bid for the presidency, according to conservatives.

But the etymology of word which by coincidence sounds similar to a racial insult is.

Anything to avoid the subject....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 08:32 am
This gets more and more Alice in Wonderlandy each second.

May I have this flamingo for the next dance?

Or shall we have a Lobster Quadrille?

Dammit - my hedgehog done done a runner.....or a scurrier...
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 08:32 am
Lash wrote:
I had already looked it up.

You should be concerned about INTREPID, though, who didn't look it up and says it's racist.

Again, you use words that you did not see. I did NOT use the word racist and you have taken the entire conversation out of context.
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 08:35 am
Intrepid wrote:
chiczaira wrote:
I would warn Intrepid about making suggestive posts which some sensitive souls might view as RACIST. Intrepid left out a word and a good thing too. I thought he was going to write B....

You can't write that word, Intrepid. Not in any way, shape or form. That could be interpreted as a racist statement.

You doubt me?

You think I jest?

Well, I hate to put such words down on a thread but truth is imporatant. It seems that a politician got into trouble when he gave a speech to African- Americans when he used the word - Niggardly.

One can't be too careful nowadays, Intrepid.

That is the most nonsensical bunch of tripe that I have read in a long time. You have NEVER, and will NEVER see me saying anything racist. Unlike yourself with your little N word! Time to grow up Mr. Chic BTW, numerous spelling errors noted in your post. Your sole purpose seems to be stirring up the pot at every opportunity and shame on us for letting you do it.

N word = racist by Intrepid.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 08:37 am
http://garagesalequeen.biz/GSQ0205/pages/dancing_flamingo.gif
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 08:39 am
dlowan wrote:
Lash wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Which bit of Intrepid's post is complaining about niggardly, pray tell?

Which bit of mine did? Why did you feel compelled to don your usual self-righteous attitude and act as though someone made a fuss about niggardly? I had not.

Quote:
I so don't believe this! Such drama about a wee innocent word. You must promise to give it fair trial, with counsel, Lash.

You should read before bloviating.

Lol - go bloviate yourself into a conniption, and don't be niggardly.

Still quite niggardly with the truth. A rather lame attempt to avoid answering the questions. Who were you talking to with that post? Who created the drama about that "wee innocent word" that you felt compelled to define?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 08:49 am
Retract your superstructure with much vim and vigour, Lash - as me mum used to say.

Great flamingo, Nimh - you DO know Alice, eh?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 08:54 am
Alice, who the **** is Alice!

(Lash is right, tho. About who first went on about niggardly. That was after homeboy called Intrepid out for "making suggestive posts which some sensitive souls might view as RACIST" tho, and I still dont have a clue what he was on about there. Perhaps for the best.)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 08:57 am
dlowan wrote:
Lol!!!!!
Quote:
What's funny?
I so don't believe this! Such drama about a wee innocent word.
Quote:
Where was the drama?

You must promise to give it fair trial, with counsel, Lash.
Quote:
What are you talking about?

What was that post of yours about?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 09:05 am
Lol! lash - blow and crack your cheeks as you wish.

I have had a week from hell in the real world, and I am playing my way away here now.

Please - enjoy your psychodrama to the fullest - carry on and rave - nothing will shake my silly mood, and I shall laugh at you when I chance by to read your earnest posturing.

Enjoy!!!!!

Nimh - I do not believe you know not Alice! You are an erudite soul in many languages. Surely you know of lewis carroll????
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 09:40 am
Lash wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Lol!!!!!
Quote:
What's funny?
I so don't believe this! Such drama about a wee innocent word.
Quote:
Where was the drama?

You must promise to give it fair trial, with counsel, Lash.
Quote:
What are you talking about?

What was that post of yours about?

Can't you explain your own post?

This weird word salad does cast concern on your current state. Maybe you should check in to a sanctuary and recouperate.

---> She said: Lol! lash - blow and crack your cheeks as you wish.

I have had a week from hell in the real world, and I am playing my way away here now.

Please - enjoy your psychodrama to the fullest - carry on and rave - nothing will shake my silly mood, and I shall laugh at you when I chance by to read your earnest posturing.
-------

Blow and crack my cheeks...? Um. Think you're about to blow permanently. There's a psychodrama going on OK, but I'm only a spectator. I don't know what happened to you this week to skew your wiring, but it's got nothing to do with me.

It was just a question to get you to explain that odd post you wrote to me. Can't you explain it? You did affix my name to it? Why?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 09:46 am
O, its unlocked again (not that i think that was particularly wise)

dlowan wrote:
Nimh - I do not believe you know not Alice! You are an erudite soul in many languages. Surely you know of lewis carroll????

I know of Carrol's Alice ... but then there was this, a few years ago (OK, like ten years ago)!

"who the **** is alice"
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 09:51 am
Lol - and again, I confess my ignorance of this aspect of popular culture.

So - who the **** IS Alice?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 09:55 am
O, its unlocked again (not that i think that was particularly wise)

----------
I was wondering. Do you think it's unwise because dlowan is incapable of admitting her error?

Don't you think she should?

Wouldn't you think I should if I had made the mistake?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 09:56 am
here you are lash dearie - you can learn something else:

"Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks'

Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks! rage! blow!
You cataracts and hurricanoes, spout
Till you have drench'd our steeples, drown'd the cocks!
You sulphurous and thought-executing fires,
Vaunt-couriers to oak-cleaving thunderbolts,
Singe my white head! And thou, all-shaking thunder,
Smite flat the thick rotundity o' the world!
Crack nature's moulds, and germens spill at once,
That make ingrateful man!

-- William Shakespeare

It's from King Lear.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 09:56 am
BTW-- does anyone know why it was locked?

Was it niggardly? Or something I missed?
0 Replies