Hillary is Poison!

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 10:05 am
nimh wrote:
Alice, who the **** is Alice!

Alice doesn't live in the restaurant, she lives in a church nearby the restaurant, in the bell tower with her husband, Ray, and Facha the dog.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 10:06 am
dlowan--

The rage must be yours. Maybe residual from your admittedly horrible week. Maybe that's what's clouding your brain, or cracked your cranium....

I'm just trying to get you to explain your post. It mentioned me. Don't you think you should?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 10:07 am
Lash wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
chiczaira wrote:
I would warn Intrepid about making suggestive posts which some sensitive souls might view as RACIST. Intrepid left out a word and a good thing too. I thought he was going to write B....

You can't write that word, Intrepid. Not in any way, shape or form. That could be interpreted as a racist statement.

You doubt me?

You think I jest?

Well, I hate to put such words down on a thread but truth is imporatant. It seems that a politician got into trouble when he gave a speech to African- Americans when he used the word - Niggardly.

One can't be too careful nowadays, Intrepid.

That is the most nonsensical bunch of tripe that I have read in a long time. You have NEVER, and will NEVER see me saying anything racist. Unlike yourself with your little N word! Time to grow up Mr. Chic BTW, numerous spelling errors noted in your post. Your sole purpose seems to be stirring up the pot at every opportunity and shame on us for letting you do it.

N word = racist by Intrepid.

Perhaps he was only referring to the use of "not" or "nowadays"? I dunno ... just trying to help.
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 12:14 pm
kelticwizard wrote:
Bill Clinton's economic performance in office is not supposed to be an issue in his wife's possible bid for the presidency, according to conservatives.

A) As I've pointed out repeatedly, you've offered us nothing upon which to base any claims about his performance. You may have given us reason to praise Bush I and to criticize Clinton, though I don't think the picture is as simple as you wish to paint it to be.

B) Why would his performance matter to her candidacy??? Will she appoint him to a cabinet position? Confused (Gee, Laura Bush used to teach English... that must prove that Dubya is adept with the language!) ;-)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 12:19 pm
Scrat wrote:
kelticwizard wrote:
Bill Clinton's economic performance in office is not supposed to be an issue in his wife's possible bid for the presidency, according to conservatives.

A) As I've pointed out repeatedly, you've offered us nothing upon which to base any claims about his performance. You may have given us reason to praise Bush I and to criticize Clinton, though I don't think the picture is as simple as you wish to paint it to be.

B) Why would his performance matter to her candidacy??? Will she appoint him to a cabinet position? Confused (Gee, Laura Bush used to teach English... that must prove that Dubya is adept with the language!) ;-)

Now that was funny....
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 12:44 pm
Lash wrote:
I was wondering. Do you think it's unwise because dlowan is incapable of admitting her error?

Don't you think she should?

Wouldn't you think I should if I had made the mistake?

I already spoke my mind about who I think is right about what. I think I'd like to leave it at that.
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 12:44 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Now that was funny....

I have my moments. ;-) (Usually they pass if I lie down and don't think too hard.)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 01:03 pm
Scrat wrote:

Keltic has done a very effective job at highlighting how employment indicators under eight Clinton years have been much better than during the tenures of either of the Bushes.

You have raised the valid point that employment is a lagging indicator, and that to some extent that means that today's numbers reflect yesterday's policies rather than today's.

Thomas has explained that employment rates are indeed generally considered to be lagging indicators - and that the lag in question is assumed to be about half a year to a year. That means that Bush I could have been credited for the first year or so of the rise in employment under Clinton - but hardly for the next seven years.

He asked you how you define the lagging in question, but although you suggest ever again that if anything, the full eight years of the sunny Clinton-era employment numbers should be credited to Bush I, you have demurred from backing up an actual argument that any serious economist does indeed take empoyment rates to be a lagging indicator by up to eight years. I doubt you will find one.

I actually agree with you that a sitting President can only to a limited extent be credited for any economic turn. The nineties were booming times everywhere, regardless of who governed. The time around 1990-1991 were bad times everywhere, under left- and right-wing governments.

Still, a government can certainly negatively impact a general trend or positively encourage it. In the nineties, the boom was significantly stronger in the Netherlands than in Germany, and this can be considered a credit to the "purple" governments here and a reproach to the Kohl and Schroeder governments there.

Clinton's US certainly did as well as any Western country that decade; if anything, it did better.

That means that at the very least, he can be credited for apparently not having done anything to mess it up for up to six-seven years - and note, that's even if one does blame him for the upturn in unemployment directly after his term. After all: unemployment is considered a lagging indicator by about half a year to a year, so that would be about the extent Clinton can be blamed for post-2000 developments - unless you want to make an actual argument about the lagging being a much longer-term thing after all.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 01:56 pm
Let's see if I can straighten this out...

Bush I started to lower un-employment during his tenure which allowed Clinton to keep it going down. Clinton kept a decent economy going until towards the end the Enron debacle, Tyco, Adelphia and other crap started to turn the curve up. This trend followed Clinton into Bush 2's term and then 9/11 and war have kept the numbers going up...

Does that sum it up?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 02:02 pm
Does Chelsea Clinton fall heir to Clinton's economic history--whatever it is decided to be--? Should she run?

What kind of relationship must one have to get credit for whatever Clinton did--or is suspected of doing-- in office?

Can Gennifer Flowers run on Clinton's legacy? She knew him better than Hill.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 02:08 pm
It's all really quite clear; everything wrong in the world is Clintons fault for the republicans and everything wrong in the world is Bushs fault for the democrats. Being an anarchist I can say that everything wrong in the world is fault of the american people who continue to elect (Clinton twice-Bush twice) I can honestly say that the cute phrasing of "democratic republic" does not supplant the reality of "mob rule"
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 02:15 pm
It seems unfair that by virtue of not associating with any winning political party, dys can side step complete responsibility for this mess.

Tricky cowboy.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 02:16 pm
So, you are taking responsibility?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 02:43 pm
Lash wrote:
It seems unfair that by virtue of not associating with any winning political party, dys can side step complete responsibility for this mess.

Tricky cowboy.

I would offer that there is no such critter as a "winning party" in the US of A. What we do have is a "trading places" sit-com with the people being the perpetual losers who only alternate which foot they shoot themselves in every 2/4 years.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 02:57 pm
Once you get over the border, the two parties are pretty much indistinguishable. Kinda like our PC's and Liberals used to be.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 03:08 pm
Intrepid wrote:
So, you are taking responsibility?

Are you?

I'll have to remember the "trading places" analogy. Pretty good.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 03:09 pm
Ooh, the golden horsehoe's gonna take over the U.S?
It can only get more interesting once that happens.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 06:34 pm
Lash wrote:
dlowan--

The rage must be yours. Maybe residual from your admittedly horrible week. Maybe that's what's clouding your brain, or cracked your cranium....

I'm just trying to get you to explain your post. It mentioned me. Don't you think you should?

Nah.

If you can read, the post explains itself.

By goddess, you are STILL at it?

You are very funny.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 06:36 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
nimh wrote:
Alice, who the **** is Alice!

Alice doesn't live in the restaurant, she lives in a church nearby the restaurant, in the bell tower with her husband, Ray, and Facha the dog.

Facha sounds like it is a naughty word SOMEWHERE.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 06:37 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Ooh, the golden horsehoe's gonna take over the U.S?
It can only get more interesting once that happens.

What is the golden horseshoe?
0 Replies