Why do college professors lean/teach left?

Sturgis

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 02:00 pm
@ipxpert,
Quote:
He's back...

He still hasn't addressed you. Understand this, you are being ignored, this does not mean he plans to exclude himself from any particular thread.
ipxpert

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2019 08:58 am
@Sturgis,
Quote:
He still hasn't addressed you. Understand this, you are being ignored, this does not mean he plans to exclude himself from any particular thread.

By continuing to participate in a thread that I started; he is addressing me - albeit passive aggressively. It's ok, I realize it's a tactic. A weak one. Common for the likes of him, farmer, etc... I kinda like it - it makes me laugh...
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2019 10:24 am
@ipxpert,
OK, just to be sociable I did re-read the entire thread. I'm even more convinced that you are bitterly resentful of others. I have no idea why, but then again, no skin off my nose.
farmerman

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2019 12:24 pm
@glitterbag,
yeh, its all in his self- esteem issues. He cant argue issues intelligently, he can only use empty insults.

I really think he flunked a science .His attempted position is not well thought out and merely an emotional response , because he may have been the "brain" of the family. e all have met the reality that, maybe we werent all that smart and our IQs dont always parallel our effort. I recall getting my firt meting with a graduate adviser and after reviewing the GRE's and Undergrad degrees, my advisor said that "you just werent challenged". Anyboy can earn A;s in a big student body.
I was put in my place and realized that, if ya want to leave a mark, you need to go on the road less travelled by. So worked my ass off . That sorta became my philosophy with students and advisees.

You can do that or just get all full of yourself and try to mount a position where , you claim youre a victim of a fixed system. (The "system" begins to get fleshed out the more FOX or CNN that anyone watches )
glitterbag

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2019 09:15 pm
Oh for Christ's sake, do you think anyone has missed the point that you don't like blatham? You bang on about it relentlessly. You've tediously made your redundant point, now will you please find a different scab to pick before you manage to suck all of the air out the room. You're lack of imagination is stultifying.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2019 09:18 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
You're lack of imagination is stultifying.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 04:03 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
He cant argue issues intelligently, he can only use empty insults.

That is incorrect. It's only progressives who act that way.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2020 10:47 pm
Why do college professors lean/teach left?

It is all in the far right wingers imagination. College professors teach the truth, a concept they have absolutely no ability to conceive of understand. It isn't left, it is simply the truth!
RABEL222

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2020 02:59 pm
@BillW,
But Bill, we all know republicans don't think for themselves nor do they want anyone else to do so. Therefore the objection to liberal teaching. We are expected to wait till Trump and Mc Connel tell us what to think.
BillRM

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2020 03:23 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

But Bill, we all know republicans don't think for themselves nor do they want anyone else to do so. Therefore the objection to liberal teaching. We are expected to wait till Trump and Mc Connel tell us what to think.

Not good as Trump is no intellectual himself so anyone who allow Trump to do his thinking would be the same as the blind leading the blind.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2020 03:53 pm
@BillW,
Of course, left is a direction; not always a political leaning
BillW

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 10:05 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Of course, left is a direction; not always a political leaning

roger, In my vision I see the political world not as a line but as a sphere or globe where "left" and "right" meet at the top or 12 o'clock and "centerists" are at the bottom or 6 o'clock.

That leaves lots of room on the inside or on the perimeter for lots and lots of factions to exist. But, once you become an extremist, regardless of conviction, everyone is killing each other at 12 o'clock and total "centrists", regardless of conviction, are compromising at 6 o'clock.

Unfortunately, there are far too many people at 12 and not enough at 6.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 10:15 pm
@BillW,
I often hang out at about 5. Other times, I've been seen at 11 and even 1:15.
BillW

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 10:21 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis, you need three coordinates for a globe. The old right/left, up/down and front/back. That would take care of your three hang outs, 5/11/1:15. This theory has 3 dimensions to handle these "problems". Now you have just one spot to exist.

Like I said, it's not a line.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 10:35 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
Like I said, it's not a line.

It is if you place the writing/drawing instrument in my hands.

(without a straight edge, I am not capable of making a straight line)
BillW

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2020 10:39 pm
@Sturgis,
You need a compass, a triangle as well as a straight edge......🤓

What would somebody at 0/0/0 be on the political scale? Would they be perfect or crazy?

I have never got all of the detail worked out - need two people to work these things out.
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2020 08:59 am
@BillW,
I taught all my geochem classes as a progressive.
I only taught the left sides of the equations
BillW

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2020 11:42 am
@farmerman,
Well farmerman, both sides equal each other so I guess that makes sense. But, in politics both sides don't equal each other, the left side equals good and the right side equals evil 🤔
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2020 03:09 pm
@BillW,
You need to develop a sense of humor. Not everything folks say has to be analyzed
BillW

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2020 03:30 pm
@farmerman,
To answer a humor with another humor isn't a lack of a sense of humor.........sorry you see it that way, maybe you need to take a break your own self!

I meant the whole thing as companionship, but I guess that isn't allowed <sigh>!
0 Replies