Why do college professors lean/teach left?

Sturgis

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 02:15 pm
@BillW,
Considering how the U.S. education in most areas keeps on in its downward spiral, we could use a brain.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 02:25 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

Actually, Canada is on Americas shoulder, I guess though that would make Canada America's brain (geographically speaking of course).

Would be interesting when and if Canada come apart an we picked up some of the pieces.

For a short time ten years or so ago it did look like that was about to happen.
blatham

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 02:30 pm
@BillW,
Mercator bias.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 02:31 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
ten years or so ago
You're actually off by about 40 years. But what the heck. Who's counting.
BillRM

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 02:51 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
ten years or so ago
You're actually off by about 40 years. But what the heck. Who's counting.

Hmm you are likely to be more right then my guess. Lord how time fly.
roger

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 02:58 pm
I've been told that most teachers tend to teach left. Would that be the teachers' left, or the students'?
BillW

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 03:00 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

I've been told that most teachers tend to teach left. Would that be the teachers' left, or the students'?

It is the number of students remaining!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 04:51 pm
@BillRM,
Fly it does.

Here's a related story for you. An old flame of mine had married a French Canadian fellow and they had two children. When the youngest child was about five, he took the wife to Quebec to meet his family for the first time. This is when she discovered that he wasn't who he said he was. He actually was an FLQ member who'd changed his identity and moved to BC to hide from federal authorities. She never found out what he'd done to deserve being hunted for a couple of decades.
farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 04:55 pm
@blatham,
irius has several CBC outlets and on Mon there was a cross country hook-up (I think they should change that title) and they were talking about the FLQ's resurgence nd possible ties with a resurgent IRA. You guy mut have the same asshole check out aisle news sources
blatham

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 05:03 pm
@farmerman,
Isn't it "cross country check up"? That's not a story I've heard but I don't listen to much radio (and don't have Sirius). Given the rise of testosterone-driven extremism all over the place, it wouldn't be too surprising.

Our supermarket tabloids are all American publications and, though rarely, some Brit thing might appear. I don't think there is a single Canadian version of such horrors.

glitterbag

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2019 11:00 pm
@blatham,
Those things make my eyes ache and suck all that is pleasant in the world into a black hole.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 12:29 am
@glitterbag,
Without the tabloids how will we learn where the Martian aliens are landing?
roger

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 01:30 am
@RABEL222,
satellite observation.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 04:41 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Those things make my eyes ache and suck all that is pleasant in the world into a black hole.
Yeah, no kidding. I hold in very high regard all those, like Media Matters, who take on the task of watching/listening to/reading right wing media so as to alert the rest of us to what those folks are up to.
farmerman

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 05:07 am
@blatham,
ats OK, I just come here and see what you, hightor and a few others have to clip an comment.
I still think theres hope for this administration.

Im painting , maybe the fuzil oils got to me.
blatham

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 05:17 am
@farmerman,
I've never tried fuzil oils. I'll do some research and see if there's a Hunter Thompson review.
0 Replies

ipxpert

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 10:47 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Its mainly painful because you start with a fact-free premise and then want the rest to come up with backup.

Facts regarding the premise are apparent and provided in Post: # 6,919,363. Your use of petty unrelated rhetoric along with your emotional plea does not change those facts.
0 Replies

ipxpert

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 11:13 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Most people pursue degrees in topics that interest them...not to spite you. We all have areas of interests that we study or absorb. It could be cooking, a particular time in history, furniture making, botany, meteorology, the subjects are endless. You seem to be deeply resentful towards other people for reasons I find hard to grasp.

Agree with your premise concerning topics of interest. Prove your assertion of my free psychological profile.

Quote:
Do you think if others are knowlegeable about an area of study it somehow diminishes you?

Not at all. Do you? Do they?

Quote:
It doesn't, you should know that, but nevertheless you insult everyone on the board once you figure out about their background, area of study or employment.

Please stop with the emotion-based exaggerations. I responded in kind to individuals w/o concern for their background, area of study or employment and did not push mine onto them. Despite their insistence of 'blowing their own horn loudly'; the thread concerns a subject that apparently few wished to discuss logically, only emotionally.

Quote:
You can't be very happy about your life, or you're kidding yourself that you are remarkable and superior and everyone else who dares express an opinion is a drooling nitwit.

You're kidding right? Apparently you did not read this thread. Go back, have a look at who's boasting about their remarkable & superior accomplishments and more importantly who's not. Get back to me with that evidence please.

ipxpert

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 11:14 am
@blatham,
He's back!

Albeit passive aggressively...
ipxpert

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2019 11:21 am
@BillW,
Quote:
OK, it is time to get further into this comment I made in the beginning, which is btw - true to the absolute core and not meant to be derogatory. In a less inflammatory way to say the same thing - liberal is the inclusion and blending of all and conservative is emphasis on the singular.

This is where you are blind to your own hypocrisy...

Sawdust, plank, eyes...

0 Replies