The jackson verdict is FINALLY in

maporsche

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:41 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Right or wrong, people are entitled to their opinions.

That doesn't mean that their opinions matter.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:43 pm
They matter at least as much as does yours--it is laughably absurd that you take such a moral high tone when all you're doing is retailing an opinion no more and no less valuable than any other opinion here. Member in good standing of the Holier Than Thou brigage, huh?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:43 pm
Everybody's opinion matters. Whether you agree with that, or not, is your business.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:44 pm
dora17 wrote:
I don't know what to think about whether he's a pedophile or just bizarre, but I was half-hoping for him to go to jail just so I could finally learn if it really is a prosthetic nose or not... will the truth never be known?!?

the truth...
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:47 pm
Setanta wrote:
They matter at least as much as does yours--it is laughably absurd that you take such a moral high tone when all you're doing is retailing an opinion no more and no less valuable than any other opinion here. Member in good standing of the Holier Than Thou brigage, huh?

Mine doesn't matter either. I stated that quite clearly in my original post was well.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:48 pm
Fortunately, there were 12 people who had the time to stick with this case and volunteer for jury duty and spend the amount of time they did, in deliberation. They did what we expect them to do. weigh the evidence and, further, assess the witnesses own credibilities.
We werent there. The jury reached their verdict and agreed that the case to convict wasnt there. SO, freaky Michael, by the law system we all endorse, did its job.

All the rest is just raising Elvis. We need something to kvetch and argue about. So this is it for a few days. We will drop it by Wednesday and move on .
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:50 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Everybody's opinion matters.

That's almost laughable. Do you truly believe this?

I would say that everone's is allowed to give their opinion. But that does not make it have any value or influence. Therefore an opinion does not have to matter.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:51 pm
maporsche wrote:
Mine doesn't matter either. I stated that quite clearly in my original post was well.

I see that hasn't stopped you taking snide pot shots at others here doing no more than you have done. What was really hilarious was your off-the-wall contention that the people expressing their opinions here are the same ones who prate about god's judgment in the R & S threads. You can't make this stuff up, low comedy like this can only arise from clueless irony.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:54 pm
maporsche wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

I would say that everone's is allowed to give their opinion. But that does not make it have any value or influence. Therefore an opinion does not have to matter.

You can laugh all you want. That is your right and your opinion .
Why would I bother to write it if I did not believe it?

If you consider yourself part of the human race, you should consider your opinion and the opinion of others valuable. Since you appear to live in your own little world, I can understand why you do not value anybody's opinion. I disagree, however, that you do not value your own opinion. On the contrary, you only value your own.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:54 pm
Setanta wrote:
maporsche wrote:

I see that hasn't stopped you taking snide pot shots at others here doing no more than you have done. What was really hilarious was your off-the-wall contention that the people expressing their opinions here are the same ones who prate about god's judgment in the R & S threads. You can't make this stuff up, low comedy like this can only arise from clueless irony.

Setanta,

Snide pot shots are what the internet is all about.

As far as the Religion and Politics threads, I didnt' say that everyone here was guilty, just a few, yourself included.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:57 pm
maporsche wrote:
Quote:

That is YOUR opinion!
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:58 pm
Intrepid wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

You can laugh all you want. That is your right and your opinion .
Why would I bother to write it if I did not believe it?

If you consider yourself part of the human race, you should consider your opinion and the opinion of others valuable. Since you appear to live in your own little world, I can understand why you do not value anybody's opinion. I disagree, however, that you do not value your own opinion. On the contrary, you only value your own.

When did I say that I do not value anyone's opinion?

I simply stated that anyone's opinion in regards to the MJ case and his guilt or innocence other than the 12 jury members does not matter. He was found to be not guilty of the charges based on our laws. Anyone's opinion that contests that does not matter and does not change anything.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:59 pm
Intrepid wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Quote:

That is YOUR opinion!

And it doesn't matter.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:59 pm
I have never in my life contended that god's judgment mattered. You wrote: "I recognize a few of you from the Religion forum, except over there you're preaching that only god can judge anyone."

Therefore, you are completely wrong. Neither i, nor Intrepid, nor Farmerman, nor Bella Dea, nor Dora, nor Slappy, nor Acq nor Ebrown ever show up in religious theads to contend that only god's judgment matters--you are making it up as you go along, and all in aid of your holier than thou stance, which is pathetic. What makes this hilarious in terms of clueless irony is that the people here who have expressed their opinions are those least likely likely to ever contend that only god's judgment matters. You really blew it this time.

In the second place, you didn't mention politics originally, and trying to sneak it in now to attempt to bolster a ludicrous contention is pathetic.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 08:00 pm
maporsche wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Quote:

That is YOUR opinion!

And it doesn't matter.

We finally agree
Laughing
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 08:04 pm
Setanta wrote:
I have never in my life contended that god's judgment mattered. You wrote: "I recognize a few of you from the Religion forum, except over there you're preaching that only god can judge anyone."

Therefore, you are completely wrong. Neither i, nor Intrepid, nor Farmerman, nor Bella Dea, nor Dora, nor Slappy, nor Acq nor Ebrown ever show up in religious theads to contend that only god's judgment matters--you are making it up as you go along, and all in aid of your holier than thou stance, which is pathetic. What makes this hilarious in terms of clueless irony is that the people here who have expressed their opinions are those least likely likely to ever contend that only god's judgment matters. You really blew it this time.

In the second place, you didn't mention politics originally, and trying to sneak it in now to attempt to bolster a ludicrous contention is pathetic.

Wow quite bitter......do you feel better now?

I had thought that I mentioned Politics in my first post. That is why I brought up Bill O'Riley. My bad. [sarcasm]I really blew it this time [/sarcasm].

Maybe I blew it, maybe I didn't. Judge away.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 08:13 pm
Not at all bitter--if i had a nickel for every time someone with whom i disagree tried to claim that i was bitter, or angry, or hateful--i'd retire tomorrow.

It is also hilarious to see you sneer about people judging when that is precisely what you have done since you showed up here. I never watch Fox "News," so i am spared the necessity to endure O'Reilly.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 08:21 pm
Setanta wrote:
Not at all bitter--if i had a nickel for every time someone with whom i disagree tried to claim that i was bitter, or angry, or hateful--i'd retire tomorrow.

It is also hilarious to see you sneer about people judging when that is precisely what you have done since you showed up here. I never watch Fox "News," so i am spared the necessity to endure O'Reilly.

I was wrong about your views. I looked up some of your posts and from what I can tell your views are pretty much the same as mine. I apoligize for that.

I am an agnostic. I do not know if there is a god. I think that Christianity is worst thing to happen to our society EVER.

The point that I was trying to make is that I think (I'm still double checking) that there are some Christian's posting about how MJ is guilty (they are doing the judging). Their bible states that only god can judge. I was attempting to expose their hypocrisy.

I do not follow the christian bible and I feel that I can judge anyone I like anytime I like.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 08:25 pm
Have fun with that, it's a practice grown hoary and revered with ancient usage.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 08:28 pm
Setanta wrote:

The one name I was referring to was blueveinedthrobber. I read a posting of his stating that only god will judge him and christians need to stop...yadda yadda yadda. Then I read him judging MJ, and thought it was funny.

Here's his post. http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52359&start=0

I don't know why you assumed I was talking about you at first. It was not you I was referring to however. I apoligize for when I did, I hadn't double checked.
0 Replies