The jackson verdict is FINALLY in

Intrepid

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 08:34 pm
maporsche wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Not at all bitter--if i had a nickel for every time someone with whom i disagree tried to claim that i was bitter, or angry, or hateful--i'd retire tomorrow.

It is also hilarious to see you sneer about people judging when that is precisely what you have done since you showed up here. I never watch Fox "News," so i am spared the necessity to endure O'Reilly.

I was wrong about your views. I looked up some of your posts and from what I can tell your views are pretty much the same as mine. I apoligize for that.

I am an agnostic. I do not know if there is a god. I think that Christianity is worst thing to happen to our society EVER.

The point that I was trying to make is that I think (I'm still double checking) that there are some Christian's posting about how MJ is guilty (they are doing the judging). Their bible states that only god can judge. I was attempting to expose their hypocrisy.

I do not follow the christian bible and I feel that I can judge anyone I like anytime I like.

I looked yours up as well. Only found one and that didn't have anything to do with religion...it had to do with someones avatar in the religious thread.

Your opinion that
Quote:
Christianity is worst thing to happen to our society EVER.
is your opinion and because you have not provided any evidence/proof of this.

I have gone back through this thread and have found opinions stated, but I have yet to find anyone making a judgement. As a christian, I am entitled to my opinions, but that does not mean that I am judging anyone. There is a difference. I know that you were not including me because you have not seen any such posts from me in the religious threads.

If you are an agnostic, as you state, I am curious as to your reasons for frequenting the religious threads. Is it to gain knowledge, understanding and compassion for your fellow man? Or, is it to stir up the pot? Just curious because your opinion matters to me even if it does not matter to you.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 08:43 pm
Intrepid wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Not at all bitter--if i had a nickel for every time someone with whom i disagree tried to claim that i was bitter, or angry, or hateful--i'd retire tomorrow.

It is also hilarious to see you sneer about people judging when that is precisely what you have done since you showed up here. I never watch Fox "News," so i am spared the necessity to endure O'Reilly.

I was wrong about your views. I looked up some of your posts and from what I can tell your views are pretty much the same as mine. I apoligize for that.

I am an agnostic. I do not know if there is a god. I think that Christianity is worst thing to happen to our society EVER.

The point that I was trying to make is that I think (I'm still double checking) that there are some Christian's posting about how MJ is guilty (they are doing the judging). Their bible states that only god can judge. I was attempting to expose their hypocrisy.

I do not follow the christian bible and I feel that I can judge anyone I like anytime I like.

I looked yours up as well. Only found one and that didn't have anything to do with religion...it had to do with someones avatar in the religious thread.

And?

Quote:

Your opinion that
Quote:
Christianity is worst thing to happen to our society EVER.
is your opinion and because you have not provided any evidence/proof of this.

I have stated why I believe this in other threads. This thread is not the place to talk about that

Quote:
I have gone back through this thread and have found opinions stated, but I have yet to find anyone making a judgement.

BVT's posts show him judging that MJ is indeed guilty, he doesn't flat out say it, but it's implied. Or he's cracking a joke

Quote:

As a christian, I am entitled to my opinions, but that does not mean that I am judging anyone. There is a difference. I know that you were not including me because you have not seen any such posts from me in the religious threads.

If your opinion is that MJ is guilty, then you are indeed judging him. What else would you be doing?

Quote:

If you are an agnostic, as you state, I am curious as to your reasons for frequenting the religious threads. Is it to gain knowledge, understanding and compassion for your fellow man? Or, is it to stir up the pot? Just curious because your opinion matters to me even if it does not matter to you.

I would say it's about 40% to gain knowledge, understanding, and 60% to stir up the pot. The percentages could vary depending on the day.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 09:04 pm
maporsche wrote
Quote:
I have stated why I believe this in other threads. This thread is not the place to talk about that :

Then why did you bring it up here???

Quote:
BVT's posts show him judging that MJ is indeed guilty, he doesn't flat out say it, but it's implied. Or he's cracking a joke

and you are judging BVT! If he didn't say it, how do you know that is what he thinks?

Quote:
If your opinion is that MJ is guilty, then you are indeed judging him. What else would you be doing?

The fact that you used the word if indicates that you do not know what I think either. Did I say he was guilty? Again, I stated opinions... not once did I make a judgement.
This thread is entitled "The jackson verdict is FINALLY in" ---- the discussion has been limited to that, until now. My opinion is that he may be guilty...I did not judge him on this. It is only an opinion and I certainly won't prosecute him now that he is deemed to be innocent by a jury of 12 men and women. They did the judging.

Quote:
I would say it's about 40% to gain knowledge, understanding, and 60% to stir up the pot. The percentages could vary depending on the day.

So, as an agnostic, you are not a lost cause as it were. 40% of your time in the religiious threads is to gain knowledge. This is a good thing and to your credit. It is the other 60% that concerns me.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 09:15 pm
Intrepid wrote:
maporsche wrote
Quote:
I have stated why I believe this in other threads. This thread is not the place to talk about that :

Then why did you bring it up here???

To clarify my view.

Quote:

Quote:

and you are judging BVT! If he didn't say it, how do you know that is what he thinks?

I know what his post's imply. Let's ask him flat out. BVT, do you think that MJ has molested children?

Quote:

Quote:

The fact that you used the word if indicates that you do not know what I think either. Did I say he was guilty? Again, I stated opinions... not once did I make a judgement.
This thread is entitled "The jackson verdict is FINALLY in" ---- the discussion has been limited to that, until now. My opinion is that he may be guilty...I did not judge him on this. It is only an opinion and I certainly won't prosecute him now that he is deemed to be innocent by a jury of 12 men and women. They did the judging.

Your opinion is that "he may be guilty". I fail to see how you are not placing judgement on him. You've formed a judgment in your mind, whether or not you choose to post it here.

Quote:

Quote:

So, as an agnostic, you are not a lost cause as it were. 40% of your time in the religiious threads is to gain knowledge. This is a good thing and to your credit. It is the other 60% that concerns me.

[/quote]

Lost cause? Lost from what? What cause? Stop judging me as a lost cause. Very Happy The other 60% shouldn't concern you. I help keep you on your toes.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 09:33 pm
I didn't even know the verdict was due till someone at work went around announcing it.

I tell ya, not watching TV will make your life better!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 09:39 pm
It cetainly helps mine . . . i cannot stand to look at the man, and the horror he has created of his face with all the bleaching and surgery. Glad i don't have to see it very often.

I was riding on a crosstown bus once, when i overheard two middle aged black gentleman discussing Micheal . . . one says to the other: "That Micheal, left Gary a nice, young black boy, arrived in Hollywood an ugly, middle-aged white woman."

heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 10:04 pm
I've been actively not paying attention to this - I don't watch TV, but I do listen to the radio. For some reason, npr has been following the case.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 10:12 pm
I get news reports from the NYT, BBC and Reuters on the first page of my browser, and I don't watch TV all that often. Wink
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 10:51 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
dora17 wrote:
I don't know what to think about whether he's a pedophile or just bizarre, but I was half-hoping for him to go to jail just so I could finally learn if it really is a prosthetic nose or not... will the truth never be known?!?

the truth...

God, thank you, Region... I can rest at last, having seen the selection of Mr Potatohead noses available for jacko's use...
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 11:04 pm
The new Dorian Grey, but he wears his painting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38471000/jpg/_38471041_jackson2000_300.jpg
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 11:20 pm
BBB
Michael Jackson didn't win his case. The prosecution lost theirs.

They did an incredibly stupid thing by including the kidnapping conspiracy, etc, charge, which required the accuser's mother to testify. She destroyed the prosecution's case.

Had the case been limited to the boy's charges as video taped and shown to the jury as a last evidence presentation, I think the jury might have rightly convicted Jackson.

BBB
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 03:01 am
Intrepid wrote:

Since agnostics have something very valuable to share with theists...why wouldn't they frequent religious threads?

What kind of "knowledge" do you suppose agnostics could pick up from theists in religion threads?

Are you so deluded that you suppose agnostics can learn something about understanding and compassion for our fellow humans from theists?

From theists?????

And just why would a theist suppose that religious threads area a strange place for atheists and agnostics to frequent?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 05:10 am
He's still a freak.

If he ever has an unsupervised child in his sole presence again he'll need to be imprisoned for stupidity.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 05:17 am
Long time no see, Wilso . . . hope everything is going well with you.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 05:23 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Quote:
Are you so deluded that you suppose agnostics can learn something about understanding and compassion for our fellow humans from theists?

Yes.

So, what do you think about the this Jackson thing?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 06:05 am
Howcome the jurors held a press conference?!

Was it to publicise their forthcoming books about the trial?

One juror said he thought Jackson had probably abused children...

That should boost sales a bit more.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 06:24 am
I wondered about the press conference too. Fifteen minutes of fame? Were they driving new cars?
One juror also said that the mother made up their mind for them. If she had not testified, it may have been different.
That is fact, not my judgement Laughing
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 07:12 am
Wilso
Wilso wrote:
He's still a freak.

If he ever has an unsupervised child in his sole presence again he'll need to be imprisoned for stupidity.

Hey! Wilso, where have you been --- missed you.

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 07:18 am
Steve
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Howcome the jurors held a press conference?!

Was it to publicise their forthcoming books about the trial?

One juror said he thought Jackson had probably abused children...

That should boost sales a bit more.

It is part of the judicial process. The judge gave the jurors permission, in fact, encouraged them to talk to the Media. It is often done although some jurors in other cases refuse to discuss the case.

I thought this jury behaved very responsively. I do wish they could have set aside their critical reaction to the accused's mother and convicted Jackson. I do think he is a pedophile. It will teach him a lesson but, if true to form, he won't be able to control his urges and will do it again.

BBB
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 07:23 am
I was watching a documentary on the Jacksons the other day.It appears Michaels dad verbally abused his kids and beat them.

Is he gona go on trial?
0 Replies