The jackson verdict is FINALLY in

dlowan

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 05:06 pm
Hmmm - not here. Little boys appear fair game as well.

But - can anyone answer my questions?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 04:40 pm
The mother was a scam artist, plain and simple.

She claimed someone else molested her kids, too.

How can you send someone to jail on her testimony?

I do believe that Jackson probably has molested sime kids, though not this one.

For one reason, rich and famous people always have ample chance for any kind of sex they want-where are Jackson's adult relationships? He's having sex of some kind, and I don't see any adults around.

That doesn't mean that a person in an adult relationship can't abuse kids-that's pretty common. I only mean that without an adult relationship, Jackson is all the more under suspicion.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 04:51 pm
I don't think race played a role in it.

I don't blame someone from another country perhaps thinking so, since the news media commentary all seemed to think he would be convicted.

But all during the trial, only a little attention was paid to the fact that the mother once accused someone else of molesting the same kid. And she had carried out other scams.

Despite Jackson's lifestyle, if I were on a jury, it would be difficult for me to convict based on the mother's history alone.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 12:17 pm
And you obviously think it's as simple as that.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 08:35 pm
I don't think it's simple, period. But how many times can one mother's kids get molested by different people?

As it turns out, my assessment was the one the jury arrived at later. And the TV news commentators all thought that Jackson would be found guilty.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 08:43 pm
Not all, kelt, but many. A few thought he will be found not guilty.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 08:50 pm
I guess you're right. There might have been some analysts who did think he wouldn't be found guilty.

I admit to being swayed by The Daily Show, which showed, the day after the verdict, clips all the commentators who were saying that absolutely, positively, there would be some counts Jackson would be found guilty on.

Come to think of it, I think the The Daily show comes in in a few minutes.

Catchya later. :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 08:58 pm
I remember seeing a short segment of a program where they had several attorneys-TV punidts/prosecutor/judge who disagreed about the outcome of the case. I agreed with those who said that the mother would lose the case, because she was involved with another law suit (re: JC Penny), and had her child in an acting school. That child also told some people Jackson never molested him. I didn't see how the prosecution could have won.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 09:09 pm
Ho, hum -- I won't need a sleeping pill tonight because this is putting me to sleep. I hope I don't have nightmares featured a bug-eye monster...

The Runaway Bride
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 09:13 pm
LW, Have a few drinks before you hit the sack. You'll sleep like a baby. Wink
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 10:26 pm
I had on Fox News for an hour or so before Bush's speech..

It was all about Aruba, etc.

Granted that Michael Jackson is a superstar, does anyone think that with it's big ratings, Fox is jumping on all these side issues-issues which affect only one family or community-to draw attention away from the situation in Iraq or other news where the president is not looking so good?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 11:37 pm
Jon Stewart on The Daily Show had a hilarious send-up of Michael Jackson's effect on anyone focusing on Bush's speech, showing an interview by Neal Whats-His-Name bringing it up. Stewart pleaded with Michael to stop molesting Bush's war agenda.
0 Replies