Female orgasm-nature or nurture?

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:26 am
and i thought the first 9.5 minutes was so the man could take the bra off...........
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 09:26 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
This thread has caused me nothing but inconvenience, embarrassment and lasting soreness.

Oh, Lord Ellpus,

I feel horrible about your recent adversities regarding this thread. Sad
It was truly a valiant and heroic effort you made in the name of science.
Such disastrous results would never have been expected.

I reach out to you with sincerity in my apology and always healing hands...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 01:22 pm
No, that's the problem. Don't you see, the soreness is a direct result of reaching out with his own hands.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 02:05 pm
that is why she is offering hers.
Un bruised, un blistered.. still soft.

;-)
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 02:08 pm
Hopefully the hands are covered in a healing salve.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 02:09 pm
If not, they soon will be !
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 02:13 pm
Naughty, naughty boy...
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 02:41 pm
Then there's this:

Brain Areas Shut Off During Female Orgasm

By EMMA ROSS, AP Medical Writer Mon Jun 20,10:21 AM ET

COPENHAGEN, Denmark - New research indicates that parts of the brain that govern fear and anxiety are switched off when a woman is having an orgasm.

In the first study to map brain function during orgasm, scientists from the Netherlands also found that as a woman climaxes, an area of the brain that governs emotional control is also heavily deactivated.

"The fact that there is no deactivation in faked orgasms means a basic part of a real orgasm is letting go. Women can imitate orgasm quite well, as we know, but there is nothing really happening in the brain," said neuroscientist Gert Holstege, presenting his findings Monday at the annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology.

In the study, Holstege and his colleagues at Groningen University recruited 11 men and 13 women, together with their respective partners.

The volunteers laid on a scanning machine bed and were injected with a dye that shows changes in brain function on a scan. For the men, the brain scanner tracked activity during rest, during erection, during manual stimulation by their partner and then during ejaculation, brought on by the partner's hand.

For the women, the scanner measured brain activity during rest, while they faked an orgasm, during manual stimulation by their partner, and while they experienced genuine orgasm.

Holstege said he had trouble getting reliable results from the study on men because the scanning machine needs activities lasting at least two minutes to record an activity. But the men's climaxes didn't last anywhere near that lone, meaning he could not reliably compare the scans before climax and during.

However, for women, the results were clear, he said.

When women faked orgasm, the cortex, the part of the brain governing conscious action, lit up. It was not activated during genuine orgasm.

The most striking results, however, were seen in the parts of the brain that shut down, or deactivated.

"During orgasm, there was strong, enormous deactivation in the brain. During fake orgasm, there was no deactivation of the brain at all. None," Holstege said. "It looks like to have an orgasm, you need to not be fearful or full of anxiety."
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 04:32 am
Aw, I was gonna post that!

OK, but the article I was going to post has some additional details:

Quote:
Women's Brains Really Are Blown By Orgasms

[..] A total of 13 women and 11 men, ranging in age from 19 to 49, took part in the experiments at Dr Holstege's laboratory.

Since it was vital to remain completely still in the scanner, volunteers had to have their heads restrained while being stimulated.

The rest of the body was free to move.

Participants lay naked on a table with their head inside the scanner - but had to wear socks to avoid cold feet.

And there could be a connection with the aphrodisiac effect of alcohol.

"Alcohol brings down the fear level," said Dr Holstege. "Everyone knows if you give alcohol to a woman it makes things easier."
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:36 am
nimh wrote:

[..] A total of 13 women and 11 men, ranging in age from 19 to 49, took part in the experiments at Dr Holstege's laboratory.."

I would have too.
I bet there was no shortage of volunteers for that~

nimh wrote:

Since it was vital to remain completely still in the scanner, volunteers had to have their heads restrained while being stimulated.

Did they have apples in thier mouthes as well? Twisted Evil

nimh wrote:

Participants lay naked on a table with their head inside the scanner - but had to wear socks to avoid cold feet..

how considerate... Confused

nimh wrote:

And there could be a connection with the aphrodisiac effect of alcohol

"Alcohol brings down the fear level," said Dr Holstege. "Everyone knows if you give alcohol to a woman it makes things easier."

Ok.. F-N duh.
I learned that in college.... Shocked
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:57 am
nimh wrote:
Aw, I was gonna post that!

OK, but the article I was going to post has some additional details:

Quote:

[..] A total of 13 women and 11 men, ranging in age from 19 to 49, took part in the experiments at Dr Holstege's laboratory.

The rest of the body was free to move.

Participants lay naked on a table with their head inside the scanner - but had to wear socks to avoid cold feet.

And there could be a connection with the aphrodisiac effect of alcohol.

I don't get cold feet when I have them, as a matter of fact, instead they burn. That Alcohol idea, is hogwash.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 10:44 am
If I ever started with cold feet, they never remained cold by the time the big O arrived. It has always warmed me to a very toasty contentment from head to toe. Smile
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 10:45 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
If not, they soon will be !

:wink: Laughing
0 Replies

cannon

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 08:43 am
This study seems very odd to me. The average male 2.5 minutes to orgasm and 9.5 minutes for the woman? Has anyone else had similar results? Maybe it's only English men?

The reality of a woman's orgasm is that you need to find out what they need in order to achieve one. The first is honesty, the second is comfort level with their sex partner.

I've only met one woman who never achieved an orgasm in her life and one who has never achieved one from intercourse. I don't think this was a very well done study.
0 Replies