Female orgasm-nature or nurture?

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 07:15 am
Quote:
LONDON - New research has found that a woman's ability to achieve orgasm is at least partly genetically determined.
The results of a study released Wednesday show that a woman's difficulty in reaching orgasm is influenced by her genes and cannot be attributed solely to cultural influences. Experts say that is likely to be interpreted as both good news and bad news.
"It'll be upsetting because some women will think 'Oh my God, maybe I just can't.' On the other hand it takes away a kind of guilt or pressure," said Dr. Virginia Sadock, director of the human sexuality program at New York University Medical Center.
Either way, the findings, published this month in Biology Letters, a journal of Britain's The Royal Society, don't mean women who inherit an unfortunate gene package will not be able to achieve orgasm, experts say. They just mean that more work, or patience, is required.
"Factors influencing the ability to orgasm vary from woman to woman. What we do know is that psychologically women are more complex sexually," Sadock said. "For women, being in a relationship where they feel loved and feel secure, is a big factor. Other big factors are how they feel about themselves and about sex and what their first experiences were."
"Maybe there are some women ... who can never. That is a possibility, but that would be a small amount," she said.
And even if they can't, that doesn't mean there's no joy for them in sex, Berman added. A survey she recently conducted found that among women enjoying satisfying sex lives, orgasm did not rate as a key element for fulfillment.
http://www.freenewmexican.com/news/14574.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 8,426 • Replies: 153
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 07:37 am
I mean, really, what's all this interest in women having an orgasm anyway? Aren't they just supposed to lay there, stare at the ceiling while thinking of England and then, after the fact, say things like "Oh, sweetheart your the very best, I come better with you then with anyone else"?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 07:40 am
Sure, but it's an extra $25. I save money and just talk to myself.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 07:40 am
exactly.

then you let the air out , and put them back in the box under your bed.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 08:02 am
Re: Female orgasm-nature or nurture?
dyslexia wrote:
Quote:
LONDON - New research has found that a woman's ability to achieve orgasm is at least partly genetically determined...
"Maybe there are some women ... who can never. That is a possibility, but that would be a small amount," she said.
And even if they can't, that doesn't mean there's no joy for them in sex, Berman added. A survey she recently conducted found that among women enjoying satisfying sex lives, orgasm did not rate as a key element for fulfillment.
http://www.freenewmexican.com/news/14574.html

Maybe not a key element, but what a drag that would be- to know that this absolutely explosive, climactic, transcendent experience exists - but you might be one of the chosen few who never get to feel it. Feeling pretty genetically lucky right now...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 08:05 am
Wait, women have orgasms?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 08:07 am
Apparently some of us have been so blessed.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 08:16 am
I know a woman who didnt have her first orgasim until she was 44.....
THAT was a shocker.
I almost wanted to ask why.. but.. that was just too much information for me to handle
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 08:33 am
I think "How?" would have been a better question.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 09:09 am
Re: Female orgasm-nature or nurture?
In dyslexia's article, the author wrote:
A survey she recently conducted found that among women enjoying satisfying sex lives, orgasm did not rate as a key element for fulfillment.

Sheesh. She must not have asked anyone I know! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 09:12 am
She certainly didn't ask me.
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 09:19 am
This Survey does seem to be a little bogus to me. I have to many orgasims, I can have them anywhere at anytime. Is there women out there like me, that have to many?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 09:45 am
Changed my mind - too personal. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 09:56 am
This has become the best thread, ever.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 10:29 am
There was this woman I knew one time, I think she was a judge or something well anyway, she used to come by now and then wanting to take one of my horses for a little ride. She always brought the horse back in a few hours but the odd thing was she was always sweating like a stuck hog and the horse was barely winded. Odd don't you think?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 10:32 am
ConstitutionalGirl wrote:
I can have them anywhere at anytime. Is there women out there like me, that have to many?

OMG - I thinks this is sort of interesting Idea
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 10:49 am
dyslexia wrote:
There was this woman I knew one time, I think she was a judge or something well anyway, she used to come by now and then wanting to take one of my horses for a little ride. She always brought the horse back in a few hours but the odd thing was she was always sweating like a stuck hog and the horse was barely winded. Odd don't you think?

Laughing Laughing Laughing -not so odd - may be why females and their horses have such symbiotic relationships. Anyone remember that old Maria Muldar song - It's not the ****, it's the motion?
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 11:00 am
how many of ya'll women get orgasms from just intercourse only? I find that women have the hardest time getting off this way.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 08:44 pm
<slapping hands on keyboard>

No, I'm not going to say it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 08:47 pm
<snort>

Do it, Eva!
Do it, Eva!

<snort>