Okay...let's see...where was I...

snood

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 10:53 am
I think its just that some folks can't fathom any power higher than their ego.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 12:21 pm
RexRed wrote:
Frank
I wonder how you view the names of God..

These are names of God that help describe various aspects of God.

Elohim (creator) Jehovah (how the creator relates)

I would think that you may see different parts of God in different ways.
Like God as the creator. I would think that if you were even to "guess" that God exists and is a creator that you would not have much problem with that?

God can create and stay in heaven and leave us alone...

But, I think your rub with God is when God tries to actually interact with humans...

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp?artid=52&letter=N

My rub...if there is a "rub"...is with anyone trying to call that jackass described in the Bible....God.

If there is a God...and naturally, I do not know that there is or that there isn't...MY GUESS would be that IT would be nothing like that pathetic cartoon character.

I don't know how to say that any plainer.

I can tell you this:

IF THERE IS A GOD....you foks....you Christians...are insulting that GOD more than I or any other agnostic or atheist....by daring to suggest a GOD would be anything like that thing.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 08:11 pm
Elohim - a Hebrew plural used to represent many gods besides the Almighty God, including Dagon and Satan.

Jehovah (Yahweh) = 'He who causes to become', a name not shared with anyone else

BTW: Best not to think too much about Frank. Laughing
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 08:37 pm
neologist wrote:
Elohim - a Hebrew plural used to represent many gods besides the Almighty God, including Dagon and Satan.

Jehovah (Yahweh) = 'He who causes to become', a name not shared with anyone else

BTW: Best not to think too much about Frank. Laughing

Not sure what in hell that all is supposed to mean...but you never say anything clearly....or worthwhile.

Fact is, any reasonable reading of the Bible (something I am not accusing you of doing!)....comes to the conclusion that the god described in it does not suppose himself to be the only god. The god shares that supposition with the Hebrew people of the time. No surprise there....since it is fairly evident that they invented the god.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 09:08 pm
snood wrote:
I think its just that some folks can't fathom any power higher than their ego.
http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/lol.gif
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 10:02 pm
Frank what is the difference if I say that sickness is caused by devil spirits and a scientist says that sickness is caused by a chemical resembling snake venom?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 03:02 am
RexRed wrote:
Frank what is the difference if I say that sickness is caused by devil spirits and a scientist says that sickness is caused by a chemical resembling snake venom?

The wording, for one thing.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 04:22 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Guys, guys, you are going to have to be tougher on Frank than this, even RexRed conceded Mr. Apisa's point about A&E's cognisance of good/evil/right/wrong during one of his, usually very nicely written, mystical experiences. And now you're going to try evil spirits vs virsuses? Holy Cow! If you don't challenge Frank to a greater degree, he will get bored and cranky, well.... bored, he's always cranky.

And he's got your God of Our Fathers nailed, no pun intended. Seriously, who would want to be involved with a such a God? As a good friend of mine once said, "It's a good thing Jesus loves us because his dad wants to beat the crap out of us." or is that what Rex meant by seeing the different parts of God different ways?

Joe(I pass through here smiling)Nation
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 09:04 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Guys, guys, you are going to have to be tougher on Frank than this, even RexRed conceded Mr. Apisa's point about A&E's cognisance of good/evil/right/wrong during one of his, usually very nicely written, mystical experiences. And now you're going to try evil spirits vs virsuses? Holy Cow! If you don't challenge Frank to a greater degree, he will get bored and cranky, well.... bored, he's always cranky.

And he's got your God of Our Fathers nailed, no pun intended. Seriously, who would want to be involved with a such a God? As a good friend of mine once said, "It's a good thing Jesus loves us because his dad wants to beat the crap out of us." or is that what Rex meant by seeing the different parts of God different ways?

Joe(I pass through here smiling)Nation

I was taken by the hand by the WORD...

We floated up into the clouds above the kingdom of heaven to the kingdom of God.

I thought finally I would be able to meet this God and let him know what I was thinking.

As I slowly moved toward God I was quite surprised...

I saw a stalk of a man sitting in a rather large throne chair...

As I was taken closer to meet God I was surprised and or rather shocked...

God had no eyes...

This was beginning to scare me.

Was God blind?

Then I noticed other things wrong...

God had no ears, tongue, arms or legs...

I bowed humbly before God and just sat in silence..

I hollered loudly at God and accused him of being unrighteous.

Yet God remained silent in his chair... I thought how could God commit evil when he had no means with which to accomplish anything?

I asked God if he hated homosexuals, yet there was a silence that seemed to last several moments.

The WORD suddenly spoke but it was so many voices speaking at once that I could not discern what the word was saying...

I looked at God frustrated... I could not understand this terrible vision.

Then I saw spirit like a milky cloud coming out of God and it came to my body and I was able to see God in a different way...

Suddenly God was transformed into light...

Then I realized that it was people that move the WORD of God.

People interpret this word and people act upon this word?

Light enters the heart and remains silent unless we use our tongue to speak it, hands to heal, our eyes to discern, our feet to walk amongst the lifeless, and our arms to loving enfold.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 09:15 am
OY!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 09:21 am
RexRed wrote:

We floated up into the clouds above the kingdom of heaven to the kingdom of God.

I thought finally I would be able to meet this God and let him know what I was thinking.

As I slowly moved toward God I was rather surprised...

God had no eyes...

Was God blind?

Yet God remained silent in his chair... I thought how could God commit evil when he had no means with which to accomplish anything?

I asked God if he hated homosexuals, yet there was a silence that seemed to last several moments.

The WORD suddenly spoke but it was so many voices speaking at once that I could not discern what the word was saying...

Suddenly I saw spirit coming out of God and it came to my body and suddenly I was able to see God in a different way...

Light enters the heart and remains silent unless we use our tongue to speak it, hands to heal, our eyes to discern, our feet to walk amongst the lifeless, and our arms to loving enfold.

My guess is....IF THERE IS A GOD....the god would not "hate" homosexuals....and would not give a flying f**k about homosexual conduct, Rex.

And people not only "interpret this word and act upon this word"....they make the goddam words up. They invent them!

The best, most logical guess that can be made about the reason the god of the Bible considers homosexual conduct to be an abomination...

...is that the people who invented the god considered homosexual conduct to be an abomination....so they put that notion into the mouth of their fictional god.

The best, most logical guess that can be made about the reason the god of the Bible considers slavery to be moral and ethical...

...is that the people who invented the god considered slavery to be moral and ethical....so they put that notion into the mouth of their fictional god.

There may be a GOD, Rex.

Stop worshipping this pathetic pseudo-god. Have enough respect for any GOD that might actually exist....to reject this (what word shall I use?)...

...this abomination of a god.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 11:17 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:

As I slowly moved toward God I was rather surprised...

God had no eyes...

Was God blind?

Suddenly I saw spirit coming out of God and it came to my body and suddenly I was able to see God in a different way...

My guess is....IF THERE IS A GOD....the god would not "hate" homosexuals....and would not give a flying f**k about homosexual conduct, Rex.

And people not only "interpret this word and act upon this word"....they make the goddam words up. They invent them!

The best, most logical guess that can be made about the reason the god of the Bible considers homosexual conduct to be an abomination...

...is that the people who invented the god considered homosexual conduct to be an abomination....so they put that notion into the mouth of their fictional god.

The best, most logical guess that can be made about the reason the god of the Bible considers slavery to be moral and ethical...

...is that the people who invented the god considered slavery to be moral and ethical....so they put that notion into the mouth of their fictional god.

There may be a GOD, Rex.

Stop worshipping this pathetic pseudo-god. Have enough respect for any GOD that might actually exist....to reject this (what word shall I use?)...

...this abomination of a god.

People did not make God...

That is foolish even for you Frank.

People (including you) make religion...

As For God and homosexuals? I am sure you think we all should be gay... What's a few more homosexuals living on your block? I am sure you are on the front line of your local gay pride parade each year Frank...

There are issues beneath all of this that are part of the human condition and you in all of your wisdom Frank think that God should be blamed for the human condition?

Are you going to blame God for the homosexual/adultery dilemma or try to understand life in light of the conditions that prevail at any given time in history and the forces of love and mercy that are also present within us. Are you going to blame God because he acted harshly in regard to specific directions given to a desert dwelling tribe? Any persons sexual dreams should never be more important than God anyway... That is what civilization is...

There is only one actual story in the Bible that deals with supposedly real homosexuals being put to death. (that I know of) That is Sodom and Gomorrah... The Bible says "God" caused it to burn... Yet, was it the same God that saved Lot?

The Bible is foggy on what "God" is meant... Most people in "the west" do not even differentiate between the "two" Gods present in the old testament. [Frank, THERE ARE TWO GODS in the Bible!]. You may not like the story but, you are not God... it may be truth and not religion... did you ever even once consider that? Did you ever perceive that Jesus went into hell as a "man" to battle a "God"?

It was not understood that there were "two" Gods by the old testament people because Jesus (the word made flesh) revealed the spirit realm to the world at a later time.

That is another thing Frank, you do not look at things spiritually and you do not take into account how the spirit had/has evolved over time. You choose to take a slice out of the Bible and magnify that frozen confused moment above all that lies contrary. Then you for the most part omit/ignore the presence of "another" God in the Bible, the "true" God...

Thus the Devil had his time ruling humans as "God" and you swallow it hook line and sinker.... And God was able to intercede with only a few priests, prophets, kings etc... to counter the damage the devil was reigning upon the world as a "God". So the world was co-ruled for a time by a God that "appeared" like a jealous selfish despot of a king... You choose to label the true God as the despot yet ignore the deeds of love by this God... You magnify evil above good by omitting the good.

This was maybe why the God of the old testament seemed harsh and had a more human character. Because he was being blended with the devil. Frank, you don't seem to ever give this particular thought (of two old testament Gods) consideration.

The western mind has been taught the Hebrews had only "ONE" God.

Because of this, we do not realize, as the Hebrews were often confused, that there were two Gods that ruled in the old testament. The Bible certainly uses the two Gods in places interchangeably. Just looked at the book of Job showing the devil and God sitting down over a nice little conversation... This blurring of the lines was due to the sin of Adam and Eve not the true God.

Do you think there would not be any spiritual consequences to the original sin Frank?

God did not always differentiate himself because he did not want humans to know how helpless they were against the devil/God. Most of the time God sent angels to relay messages. When God actually was shown "in his own presence" the Bible even teaches that it was not actually God in the clouds but one of his angels...

The devil ruled as God "not" in a dichotomy but as a parasite that fed off of the true God.

So, "God" may have compared homosexuals with adulterers to open peoples eyes to the issues at hand so they could in time arrive at what would be a balance between the sexual and the spiritual. Then they would understand the sexual warring and prejudice within themselves.

How would we know liberty if we were never silenced? How do you impart moral standards when people are blinded by lust? I am sure you could do a better job at this than God Frank...

You only show you are derailed by western narrow thinking and the eastern dualism of God is too far above your current mental processes. Can you perceive that the moon is only meager reflection of the sun?

It was the eastern people that chose by free will, who they were to perceive "God" as and God in the end will judge if their spirit was right.

Which "God" told Moses to stone homosexuals and adulterers Frank? Do you know the answer to that? Was that the devil who whispered to Moses' his ear? Or both appearing as one? Why would one need to separate the wheat from the chaff anyway?

Were the homosexuals AND adulterers to be stoned for the act alone or because of how it would or could (in the true God's foreknowledge) doom the tribe at the time? Do you ever give God the benefit of the doubt or is your foreknowledge better then the true God's Frank?

I wonder if adulterers like being placed on the same level as homosexuals and vise versa? Is this your problem with God Frank? Did this not act as deterrence or at best provoke a bit of moderation in the Hebrews, whom the old testament was addressed? Both groups homosexuals and adulterers striving to appear better than the other, is that not so bad a thing? I cannot sometimes even imagine the self pride of your finger pointing Frank...

Everyone knows adulterers are much worse than homosexuals anyway... hehe

Adultery was punishable by the same fate as homosexuality? I think that is a rather interesting comparison...

It seems that people are looking to the same evil that Adam and Eve looked at.

Adam and Eve used their five senses to label themselves as inferior to God where they did not see the image of God as being the SAME reflection in both of them... Smile

I do not find fault in something just because it provokes me to think Frank.

I do not label a person because of the spirits in their mind but because of the spirit in their soul...

Frank when you understand the implications of TWO Gods in the Bible and the blindness of a human spiritual deficiency you may be on your way to gleaning the true meaning of the Bible...

Please try and comment on the two God thing Frank...

I am not in fear of God so I will get that out of the way first... Smile

1Th 5:5
Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 11:39 am
Certs is a breath mint.
Certs is a candy mint.
And all the while Certs is really a rectal suppository.
Yes boys and girls while I was blinded by the light, look out for me I cannot see, I now realize that there are 2 not 1, not 3 but 2 gods in the bible.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 11:55 am
dyslexia wrote:
Certs is a breath mint.
Certs is a candy mint.
And all the while Certs is really a rectal suppository.
Yes boys and girls while I was blinded by the light, look out for me I cannot see, I now realize that there are 2 not 1, not 3 but 2 gods in the bible.

Ac 26:14
And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 11:57 am
RexRed wrote:

How the hell do you know whether or not the ancient Hebrews invented the god of the Bible or not? Nearly as we can tell....all the gods every proposed have been invented by the people who worshipped them. Figure out why you have no trouble guessing that all those gods were inventions....and you will finally understand why I guess the god of the Bible was invented.

Quote:
As For God and homosexuals? I am sure you think we all should be gay... What's a few more homosexuals living on your block? I am sure you are on the front line of your local gay pride parade each year Frank...

There are issues beneath all of this that are part of the human condition and you in all of your wisdom Frank think that God should be blamed for the human condition?

Are you going to blame God for the homosexual/adultery dilemma or try to understand life in light of the conditions that prevail at any given time in history and the forces of love and mercy that are also present within us. Are you going to blame God because he acted harshly in regard to specific directions given to a desert dwelling tribe? Any persons sexual dreams should never be more important than God anyway... That is what civilization is...

Get your goddam head on straight, Rex.

My guess is that the only reason your god condemns homosexuality is because the people who invented the god condemned homosexuality.

If you...a gay man...want to worship a god who tells you your conduct is an abomination worthy of being stoned to death...do so. But don't mind that there are many of us who think you are a fool for doing so. And if you have to go to the preposterous lengths of proposing two gods so that you can exonerate the idiotic god of the Bible from telling you that your conduct is an abomination...you really should do so privately.

The only thing it will do in public is to cause laughter.

By the way...as I have noted on many, many occasions both here in A2K and over in Abuzz....any reasonable reading of the Old Testament shows that the god of the Bible thinks there are MANY gods...not just one (or two!)...and the best guess that can be made about that is that it happens because the people who invented the god "believed" there were many gods....so they had their god "believe" it also.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 12:04 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:

How the hell do you know whether or not the ancient Hebrews invented the god of the Bible or not? Nearly as we can tell....all the gods every proposed have been invented by the people who worshipped them. Figure out why you have no trouble guessing that all those gods were inventions....and you will finally understand why I guess the god of the Bible was invented.

Quote:

Get your goddam head on straight, Rex.

My guess is that the only reason your god condemns homosexuality is because the people who invented the god condemned homosexuality.

If you...a gay man...want to worship a god who tells you your conduct is an abomination worthy of being stoned to death...do so. But don't mind that there are many of us who think you are a fool for doing so. And if you have to go to the preposterous lengths of proposing two gods so that you can exonerate the idiotic god of the Bible from telling you that your conduct is an abomination...you really should do so privately.

The only thing it will do in public is to cause laughter.

By the way...as I have noted on many, many occasions both here in A2K and over in Abuzz....any reasonable reading of the Old Testament shows that the god of the Bible thinks there are MANY gods...not just one (or two!)...and the best guess that can be made about that is that it happens because the people who invented the god "believed" there were many gods....so they had their god "believe" it also.

Luke 16:13
No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Comment:
Frank, can you show me a scripture advocating the worship of more than one God in the Bible?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 12:20 pm
2Co 4:4 In whom the god [theos] of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image [icon] of God [theos], should shine unto them.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 12:23 pm
RexRed wrote:

Frank, can you show me a scripture advocating the worship of more than one God in the Bible?

Nope.

No one could do that...because the god of the Bible is ballistic about that. The god of the Bible, in fact, DEMANDS that none of the other gods be worshipped.

Of course, I did not say that the Bible advocates worshipping more than one god.

I said: "By the way...as I have noted on many, many occasions both here in A2K and over in Abuzz....any reasonable reading of the Old Testament shows that the god of the Bible thinks there are MANY gods...not just one (or two!)...and the best guess that can be made about that is that it happens because the people who invented the god "believed" there were many gods....so they had their god "believe" it also."

Try to keep things straight, Rex.

Quote:

No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be
put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their
lives." Leviticus 20:13
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 12:30 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Nope.

No one could do that...because the god of the Bible is ballistic about that. The god of the Bible, in fact, DEMANDS that none of the other gods be worshipped.

Of course, I did not say that the Bible advocates worshipping more than one god.

I said: "By the way...as I have noted on many, many occasions both here in A2K and over in Abuzz....any reasonable reading of the Old Testament shows that the god of the Bible thinks there are MANY gods...not just one (or two!)...and the best guess that can be made about that is that it happens because the people who invented the god "believed" there were many gods....so they had their god "believe" it also."

Try to keep things straight, Rex.

Quote:

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be
put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their
lives." Leviticus 20:13

There are only two gods with "power" Frank

Which "God" wrote the law?

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 12:49 pm
The age of reason is limited by it's inability to dream...
0 Replies