Okay...let's see...where was I...

neologist

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 06:05 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:
You know you are getting to Frank when he yells and uses naughty words. Probably you should wait until he's had his Pluto Water before you challenge him.

Try dealing with the truth, Neo. You will never make it in stand-up.
I believe you are right Frank. In fact, I know you are right. You also could benefit from the truth.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 06:45 pm
neologist wrote:
You know you are getting to Frank when he yells and uses naughty words. Probably you should wait until he's had his Pluto Water before you challenge him.
At what font size am I required to be convinced?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 11:29 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
real life wrote:
[Hi Frank,

Why are you pretending that the word "know" can only have the meaning you suggest when it is very clear from both the Bible examples given and from our common experience that "know" can carry a variety of meanings?

This is the same tack you attempted when discussing Pharaoh, when you insisted that the word "make" could only have the meaning you suggested instead of admitting, based on both the context and from language usage that "make" can carry a variety of meanings.

You know, Frank, some folks have on occasion said that I take the Bible too literally. But with your insistence of rigid meanings for words to back up your presuppositions, I have to say, that when it comes to a literal interpretation of the Bible, you da man.

You Christians twish the meaning of words in the Bible because even you poor deluded folks realize that the god contained in it....and the "advice" the god gives....are horseshyt.

The Bible plainly tells us that did not know the difference between good and evil...between right and wrong...and that the GOD INSISTED THAT THEY NOT LEARN THAT DIFFERENCE.

And then when they did something the pathetic god didn't like...he went completely apeshyt and punished them incredibly severely (even though they did NOT KNOW THEY WERE DOING ANYTHING WRONG)....and punished the entire rest of humanity very severely also.

The Bible specifically states that the god of the Bible BRAGGED THAT HE WAS GOING TO MAKE PHARAOH OBDURATE.

There is no other context for that stuff....because the context confirms MY interpretation...not yours. If yours were correct....why do all the plagues and slaughter of innocent babies? The god could have lifted the Hebrews up out of bondage after rendering Pharaoh and his people unconscious for a few hours.

Wake the hell up.

What the hell is needed to get that through your thick skull?

One possibility of Eden is that Eve became quite jealous of Adam (or reversed)...

She looked at the snake and perceived that this creature was lowlier than her and that she then must be below her mate Adam.

because of this erroneous idea she began to taunt Adam daily.

She railed on him and slew the natural tendency of his tenderness toward her.

She made Adam feel rotten and sick because she felt God had forsaken her...

Soon her plan began to take it's toll on Adam and he became exceedingly angry at her.

She did not realize his love for her and that she could mar such strength so deeply.

Adam finally in desperation struck Eve... and they began to physically fight. Adam beat Eve into submission...

Eve saw a rock and grabbed it and hit Adam over the head with it. Adam fell to his knees and then fell lifeless on the ground.

At first Eve felt that she had reacted only out of the need to preserve her own life... but as she looked at Adam on the ground and thought of how she had concocted to torment him she suddenly felt a feeling that she had never experienced before... it was guilt...

Then Adam awoke and looked over at his wife and saw her bruises and the tears in her eyes and he partook of her guilt also... their eyes were opened and they percieved evil.

Maybe maybe not...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 08:52 am
I wrote my previous reply a few days ago and refrained from posting it.

Does anyone think my last post bordered on sexist?

I was expecting someone to make that comment at least... Smile
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 09:08 am
Rex, your compass is broken.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 09:19 am
RexRed wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

One possibility of Eden is that Eve became quite jealous of Adam (or reversed)...

She looked at the snake and perceived that this creature was lowlier than her and that she then must be below her mate Adam.

Soon her plan began to take it's toll on Adam and he became exceedingly angry at her.

She did not realize his love for her and that she could mar such strength so deeply.

Adam finally in desperation struck Eve... and they began to physically fight. Adam beat Eve into submission...

Eve saw a rock and grabbed it and hit Adam over the head with it. Adam fell to his knees and then fell lifeless on the ground.

At first Eve felt that she had reacted only out of the need to preserve her own life... but as she looked at Adam on the ground and thought of how she had concocted to torment him she suddenly felt a feeling that she had never experienced before... it was guilt...

Then Adam awoke and looked over at his wife and saw her bruises and the tears in her eyes and he partook of her guilt also... their eyes were opened and they percieved evil.

Maybe maybe not...

I buy into that last sentence big time. :wink:
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 09:21 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Maybe maybe not...

I buy into that last sentence big time. :wink:
Did you really write that, Frank. WHEW! :wink: :wink:
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 09:22 am
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:

Try dealing with the truth, Neo. You will never make it in stand-up.
I believe you are right Frank. In fact, I know you are right. You also could benefit from the truth.

I already have the truth, Neo.

I do not know the answers to these kinds of questions....and for the most part, there is not enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base meaningful guesses.

That is the truth.

My guess...based on sketchy info...is that you are in the same position...but do not have the integrity to acknowledge it....mostly because you are too frightened to deviate from the blind guess you have made.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 09:24 am
Frank Apisa wrote:

I do not know the answers to these kinds of questions....and for the most part, there is not enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base meaningful guesses.

That is the truth.

My guess...based on sketchy info...is that you are in the same position...but do not have the integrity to acknowledge it....mostly because you are too frightened to deviate from the blind guess you have made.
Your'e sure, right?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 09:37 am
Here is some slavery for you Frank...

http://www.sweatshopwatch.org/
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 09:42 am
neologist wrote:
[quote="Frank ApisaI already have the truth, Neo.

That is the truth.

Your'e sure, right?[/quote]

Getting a bit sloppy, Neo.

This doesn't even make as much sense as your usual stuff....which makes damn near no sense at all.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 09:52 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

That is the truth.

You're sure, right?

This doesn't even make as much sense as your usual stuff....which makes damn near no sense at all.
Embarrassed You caught me in my messed up quote. Very astute, Frank. However, didn't you say something about not being one to guess?

I guess not, eh?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 10:09 am
just wrote this today...

When Adam came around from his concussion and realized that he had beat Eve his helpmate, he felt sorry and full of remorse.

Eve needed to unload her conscience... so she told Adam about the snake and how that she had perceived that she was below here mate Adam...

Adam could see that Eve was not as physically strong as him and because of this he perceived that she was lesser than he.

Eve was still sad and distraught over her revelations...

A few days went by and suddenly Adam began to think about things..

If Eve is lesser than me, then I must be lesser than God...

Adam could command the four winds and he could make it rain or cause the mountains to rumble and the seas to churn.

So Adam began to taunt God out of jealousy. Adam railed on God incessantly...

Adam perceived that God detested the serpent and Adam saw the serpent as a means to anger God's natural tendency toward tenderness.

So out of hatred and revenge Adam gave the dominion over the earth to the serpent.

Adam exclaimed that if his wife was to be perceived a lesser form then him and and he a lesser form than God then he would proclaim the least to rule the high and mighty.

Thus the serpent did rule on high..
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 10:20 am
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

That is the truth.

You're sure, right?

Embarrassed You caught me in my messed up quote. Very astute, Frank. However, didn't you say something about not being one to guess?

No....no I didn't.

I can guess with the best of guessers.

But only when I have reasonable evidence upon which to base the guesses.

I guess you were alluding to my often repeated comment that as regards the Ultimate REALITY of existence....esp. the existence of God or that there are no gods. I do not know if there is a God; I do not know if there are no gods....and I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess.

But don't for one second think that because I cannot guess on some things...that means I cannot guess on anything.

You are not really thinking very clearly, Neo.

Is all this getting to you?

Quote:
I guess not, eh?

I know "not."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 10:23 am
RexRed wrote:
just wrote this today...

When Adam came around from his concussion and realized that he had beat Eve his helpmate, he felt sorry and full of remorse.

Eve needed to unload her conscience... so she told Adam about the snake and how that she had perceived that she was below here mate Adam...

Adam could see that Eve was not as physically strong as him and because of this he perceived that she was lesser than he.

Eve was still sad and distraught over her revelations...

A few days went by and suddenly Adam began to think about things..

If Eve is lesser than me, then I must be lesser than God...

Adam could command the four winds and he could make it rain or cause the mountains to rumble and the seas to churn.

So Adam began to taunt God out of jealousy. Adam railed on God incessantly...

Adam perceived that God detested the serpent and Adam saw the serpent as a means to anger God's natural tendency toward tenderness.

So out of hatred and revenge Adam gave the dominion over the earth to the serpent.

Adam exclaimed that if his wife was to be perceived a lesser form then him and and he a lesser form than God then he would proclaim the least to rule the high and mighty.

Thus the serpent did rule on high..

Don't quit your day job, Rex.

Twisted Evil

(Actually, you are showing some spark here. Maybe there is hope for you. I hope so. I am encouraged by what I've seen in this and the previous bit of expository writing.)
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 01:45 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Don't quit your day job, Rex.

Twisted Evil

(Actually, you are showing some spark here. Maybe there is hope for you. I hope so. I am encouraged by what I've seen in this and the previous bit of expository writing.)

Thanks Frank...

I appreciate your comment.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 11:43 pm
Will we ever conquer the dualism within ourselves to find the true image of God?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 04:11 am
A better question might be: Will we ever conquer the fear in us that causes us to suppose there is a God whose "true image" we need to find?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 08:12 am
What makes you believe we worship out of fear? Oh, excuse me Frank; I used that damnable word again.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 08:16 am
neologist wrote:
What makes you believe we worship out of fear? Oh, excuse me Frank; I used that damnable word again.

Yep. And you used it incorrectly.

I do not "believe" you worship out of fear.

I am making a guess that you worship out of fear....and I dare say I have more than enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base that guess.

Sorry you are not able to see that.

If you could finally see that...grok it...you might get out of the vicious cycle of fear keeping you in this silly religion.
0 Replies