Do Warner Bros. and Disney still dominate the TV toon market like they did in the late 20th century?

Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2020 04:33 am
@JGoldman10,
You never answered my question.

So what exactly do you like that isn't seen as evil by your beliefs?

Do you really "have to think about it"?

All you ever talk about are shows and subgenres you dislike or take issue with. Even the shows you don't talk negatively about, like Catillac Cats, you have talked about talking animal cartoons being unChristian.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2020 08:02 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That’s what a bigot would say.

I’ve met significantly more good witches than good Christians.

Most “Christians” are small minded, petty and judgemental, nothing like what Christ said they should be like. The very opposite in fact.

Seconding these real-world experiences I've encountered throughout my life as well.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 12:12 am
@Rebelofnj,
What positive or negative things did I say about Catillac Cats? I cited this cartoon as one of the sources of inspiration for the cartoon and/or comics series I was trying to develop about streetfighting cats and dogs that fight crime.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 02:07 am
@Rebelofnj,
Why do you find it "necessary" to criticize nearly every post I make?
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 03:13 am
@JGoldman10,
Honestly, I'm just bored. Plus, there is a high likelihood that you would send me a private message to post on your new thread if I hadn't done so yet. You have done it many times on Yahoo Answers.

You cited Catillac Cats as an inspiration for your project; that would count as a positive thing to say for the show.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 04:12 am
@Rebelofnj,
Catillac Cats was a cartoon I watched as a kid. I don't recall all the details of the show.

This is what I remember:

Catillac Cats was a cartoon about a gang of anthropomorphic cats that lived in a junkyard. They often ran into conflicts with an anthropomorphic dog who worked in the junkyard. The leader of the Catillac Cats had a girlfriend who would visit the gang at the junkyard.

I don't agree with that. I don't agree with making characters boyfriend and girlfriend and I don't agree with making them live together if they aren't married or if they aren't related.

This is a secular kids' cartoon show. What do you expect from a secular show?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 04:15 am
@JGoldman10,
I’ve never heard of it, anything like the Bash Street Dogs?
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 04:21 am
@izzythepush,
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Catillac_Cats

To answer your question, I don't know.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 04:21 am
@JGoldman10,
So what show do you actually like?

All you ever talk about are shows that you dislike or have values different from yours.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 04:46 am
@JGoldman10,
It seems like it was connected to Heathcliff, a Garfield knock off.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 04:26 pm
@izzythepush,
Technically, Heathcliff predated Garfield by 3 years, but Garfield is the far more popular character.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 04:30 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Really, even the comic strip?

I can accept the cartoon being a bit later but I always thought the comic strip came first.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 04:38 pm
@izzythepush,
According to Wikipedia, the Heathcliff comic strip started in 1973 and the Garfield comic strip in 1976.

It is one of those cases where the so-called copycat being better/more well known than the original, like 1983's Go-Bots being overshadowed by 1984's Transformers.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 04:45 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Fair enough.

My favourite comic strip cat will always be Fat Freddy’s Cat.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 02:06 am
@izzythepush,
The Catillac Cats
were associated with Heathcliff:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heathcliff_(1984_TV_series)

The Heathcliff series was also known as Heathcliff and the Catillac Cats.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 03:15 am
@JGoldman10,
It still looks like cheap cartooning that was popular in the 70s.

I seriously think that if you ever do finish your projectypu’re Going to be hard pushed to find kids who’ll read it.
Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 06:22 am
@JGoldman10,
You seem to be avoiding my question:

What show do you actually like and shares your morals?

I'm really confused by your statement: "I don't agree with making characters boyfriend and girlfriend", especially as you previously mentioned you had a girlfriend years ago.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 06:55 am
@Rebelofnj,
He spent a lot of time yearning after the impossible, pretty Chinese girls who were never going to come to America.

I remember him posting lots of pictures of attractive Chinese actresses, all of whom were completely unobtainable.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 12:16 pm
@Rebelofnj,
You mean the two Chinese girls I went to high school with? I referred to them as "girlfriends" but we weren't intimately involved; we weren't dating or going steady. They were friends from school.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 12:17 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm planning on producing animation and comics and showcasing them online.