How Dare We Call It a War!

williamhenry3

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 09:36 pm
cobalt))))

I agree with you. Implicit in Dubya's remarks was the idea that American people who disagree with him are somehow unworthy. This, he thought, would stifle dissent. And, to some degree, it may have.

Dubya was, in fact, speaking to the whole world, leaving no room for conjecture in his conduct of foreign policy. He appears to think his rule falls under the Divine Right of Kings, when actually it only falls under a ruling made by the United States Supreme Court.
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 01:34 am
Right on, brother!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 06:59 am
You got it WilliamHenry.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 07:03 am
right on!!!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 12:38 pm
wh in the wh - now, I can vote for that!
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 05:05 pm
cobalt wrote:
trespassers will wrote:
cobalt wrote:
Tress - I did not take the statements by Bush as "for us" or "agin us" to be soley directed at "other" nations.

Then you did not understand them. Consider finding a transcript and reading the statement in question IN CONTEXT. With all due respect, there is no question what he meant and no question to whom he was speaking. The only way a person could come to a different conclusion is if he or she were either unaware of the context, getting it wrong on purpose, or lacked the requisite intelligence and competency in the English language to understand what was said.

uh - tres? The art of understatement has slipped past you? And then there is the "secondary message" beyond the stark use of the words. There is usually an agenda taking place in such statements. Ask yourself why the person is saying something - what is the person leaving out - what is the desired effect. Actually I am surprised that you could have read much at all of anything I've written in this posting forum to suspect one of your three explanations as to why I "took" Bush statements as "NOT SOLELY DIRECTED" at other nations... jeesh, give me a break!

That was giving you a break. (Ask around.) :wink:
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 05:11 pm
Saddam's gone. So is the US going to go after the rest of the world's dictators? Is it going to free all the downtrodden of the world? Or only those with oil?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 06:06 pm
cobalt, what he is saying is that you are correct!
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 07:33 pm
BillW wrote:
cobalt, what he is saying is that you are correct!

No, Bill, what I'm saying is that (VOCABULARY ERROR)
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 07:49 pm
cobalt, you can see some of the trash we have to deal with over here on the political thread, but most people are good A2Kers with the occassional Abuzzard! <sigh> we do manage.

<TIMBER SHAKES HIS HEAD SADLY AND SIGHS>
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 08:02 pm
How does this trespasser creature get away with hopping from thread too thread calling people names then sneaking back later and editing out the offensive lines?????

Am i back on Abuzz???
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 08:03 pm
BillW wrote:
cobalt, you can see some of the trash we have to deal with over here on the political thread, but most people are good A2Kers with the occassional Abuzzard! <sigh> we do manage.

I'm sure that Cobalt can see that the only problem here is that we have (JUDGEMENT ERROR)
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 08:04 pm
(PARTICIPATING IN INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR IS INAPPROPRIATE)
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 08:05 pm
Yes G, we are witnessing an Abuzzer at his worst!
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 08:06 pm
Gelisgesti wrote:
How does this trespasser creature get away with hopping from thread too thread calling people names then sneaking back later and editing out the offensive lines?????

Am i back on Abuzz???

I'm not surprised to learn that you are an abuzz alumn--typical of that ilk to insult me and then whine when I bite back.

I am always more than happy to play nicely with those who are willing to afford me the same courtesy, as many here will be happy to attest, but I do not suffer crap from anyone. So, it's really up to you what kind of experience you want this to be. The ball is in your court.

And feel free to pretend that you are the wounded party here. The record speaks for itself. (Or have you done some "editing" of your own?)
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 08:08 pm
BillW wrote:
Yes G, we are witnessing an Abuzzer at his worst!

Yes, I would agree that sniping at others who are discussing the topic just to cause trouble is a good description of an abuzzer at his worst, now look in the mirror, Bill, because you know full well how this started, as does anybody who can read.

(NOBODY GIVES A DAMN HOW IT STARTED. IT IS INAPPROPRIATE INTERACTION)
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 08:08 pm
Hey guess what tres .... I captured your post ... it's on my hard drive .... try erasing it now

uhoh

BillW wrote:

(HO HUM)
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 08:09 pm
Gelisgesti wrote:
Hey guess what tres .... I captured your post ... it's on my hard drive .... try erasing it now

uhoh

BillW wrote:

I'm sure that Cobalt can see that the only problem here is that we have (BEEN OVER THIS MANY TIMES).

I edit when I realize I wrote something that was not appropriate to the situation. So far I've written to you and Bill exactly what you deserve. So feel free to (SUGGESTION OF ANATOMIC IMPROBABILITY)
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 08:12 pm
Sorry, don't enter your region - (CLEARLY INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR IS CLEARY INAPPROPRIATE, PERIOD)
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 08:12 pm
Gee whizz tres .... yalll know that when you edit out even a little bitty period it shows up ....... check mine out .... no reason for me to edit ....gee whizzz
BillW wrote:

(TEDIOUS OFF TOPIC PERSONAL ATTACKS ARE DEFINITELY NOT COOL)
0 Replies