5
   

Are "vs. questions" and/or "vs. discussions" allowed here on Able2know?

 
 
Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2019 11:03 pm
Hi. I am just a bit curious. I've been on and/or have seen certain community sites in which "vs. questions" and "vs. discussions" were posed.
I've seen threads in which questions and/or discussions are posed in which at least one party is pitted against another. On some sites I've seen and/or been on "vs. questions" are asked as polling and/or survey questions.

Quite often, but not always, people online ask questions about hypothetical battles, questions in the form of, or along the lines of "Who'd win in a fight- _____ vs. ______?" Or people would hold discussions about this.

I've seen other types of "vs. questions" and/or "vs. discussions" posed on other sites, such as questions and/or discussions in which people are making some kinds of comparisons.

Are "vs. questions" and/or "vs. discussions" allowed here on Able2know?

Please let me kn0w- thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 4,926 • Replies: 318

 
glitterbag
 
  1  
Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2019 11:11 pm
@JGoldman10,
I don't understand this 'question', can you please rephrase it.
Real Music
 
  1  
Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2019 11:28 pm
@JGoldman10,
Okay. This is only hypothetical.

There is one entire basketball team filled completely with Michael Jordan clones playing all five positions.
One Michael Jordan clone playing point guard.
One Michael Jordan clone playing shooting guard.
One Michael Jordan clone playing small forward.
One Michael Jordan clone playing power forward,
One Michael Jordan clone playing center.
The bench also has all Michael Jordan clones.

There is another entire basketball team filled completely with Lebron James clones playing all five positions.
One Lebron James clone playing point guard.
One Lebron James clone playing shooting guard.
One Lebron James clone playing small forward.
One Lebron James clone playing power forward,
One Lebron James clone playing center.
The bench also has all Lebron James clones.

If the team filled with all Michael Jordan clones
were to play a team filled with all Lebron James clones,
who would win
?


It would be fun to hear different people responses and opinions to this hypothetical basketball game.
glitterbag
 
  2  
Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2019 11:46 pm
@Real Music,
And Bob's your Uncle
Real Music
 
  1  
Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2019 11:57 pm
@JGoldman10,
Here is another hypothetical.
This hypothetical is regarding NFL running backs.

Assemble each of the greatest NFL running backs of all time.
Place all of them into a time machine for one specific moment in time.
That one moment in time can be one entire season of one specified year.
To keep all things equal, each would have to play with the exact same offensive team.
To keep things equal, each would have to play behind the exact same offensive line.

1. All things being equal, who do you think would be the best running back of alltime?

2. Or all things being equal, which running back would you prefer to have playing for your team?

Would it possibly be Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, Earl Campbell, Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, or some other great running back?


0 Replies
 
Real Music
 
  1  
Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 12:07 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
And Bob's your Uncle

I don't know that means.
0 Replies
 
Real Music
 
  1  
Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 12:10 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Quite often, but not always, people online ask questions about hypothetical battles, questions in the form of, or along the lines of "Who'd win in a fight- _____ vs. ______?" Or people would hold discussions about this.

I am not sure if I am interpreting your thread correctly.
I did post two hypothetical battles or vs.
0 Replies
 
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 12:23 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

Okay. This is only hypothetical.

There is one entire basketball team filled completely with Michael Jordan clones playing all five positions.
One Michael Jordan clone playing point guard.
One Michael Jordan clone playing shooting guard.
One Michael Jordan clone playing small forward.
One Michael Jordan clone playing power forward,
One Michael Jordan clone playing center.
The bench also has all Michael Jordan clones.

There is another entire basketball team filled completely with Lebron James clones playing all five positions.
One Lebron James clone playing point guard.
One Lebron James clone playing shooting guard.
One Lebron James clone playing small forward.
One Lebron James clone playing power forward,
One Lebron James clone playing center.
The bench also has all Lebron James clones.

If the team filled with all Michael Jordan clones
were to play a team filled with all Lebron James clones,
who would win
?


It would be fun to hear different people responses and opinions to this hypothetical basketball game.



You could rephrase the question the following ways:

A team of Michael Jordan clones vs. a team of Lebron James clones- who would win in a game?

A team of Michael Jordan clones or a team of Lebron James clones- who would win in a game?

Who would win in a game- a team of Michael Jordan clones or a team of Lebron James clones?

Who would win in a game- a team of Michael Jordan clones vs. a team of Lebron James clones?

I think these sound better and are more straightforward.
Real Music
 
  1  
Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 12:40 am
@JGoldman10,
Okay. I got it.
0 Replies
 
Real Music
 
  0  
Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 12:42 am

Who would win if The Silver Surfer and Superman were to battle?
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 12:45 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Real Music wrote:

Okay. This is only hypothetical.

There is one entire basketball team filled completely with Michael Jordan clones playing all five positions.
One Michael Jordan clone playing point guard.
One Michael Jordan clone playing shooting guard.
One Michael Jordan clone playing small forward.
One Michael Jordan clone playing power forward,
One Michael Jordan clone playing center.
The bench also has all Michael Jordan clones.

There is another entire basketball team filled completely with Lebron James clones playing all five positions.
One Lebron James clone playing point guard.
One Lebron James clone playing shooting guard.
One Lebron James clone playing small forward.
One Lebron James clone playing power forward,
One Lebron James clone playing center.
The bench also has all Lebron James clones.

If the team filled with all Michael Jordan clones
were to play a team filled with all Lebron James clones,
who would win
?


It would be fun to hear different people responses and opinions to this hypothetical basketball game.



You could rephrase the question the following ways:

A team of Michael Jordan clones vs. a team of Lebron James clones- who would win in a game?

A team of Michael Jordan clones or a team of Lebron James clones- who would win in a game?

Who would win in a game- a team of Michael Jordan clones or a team of Lebron James clones?

Who would win in a game- a team of Michael Jordan clones vs. a team of Lebron James clones?

I think these sound better and are more straightforward.


However I am not sure if these rephrasings are all grammatically correct or not. I should know this, but I have not been in school in years.

I'm going to find out.
Real Music
 
  0  
Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 12:48 am
@Real Music,
At first glance someone might say Superman would defeat Silver Surfer.

I would argue that Silver Surfer's powers and abilities came from Galactus.
That would make him very formidable and possibly powerful enough to defeat Superman.
0 Replies
 
Real Music
 
  1  
Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 12:51 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
However I am not sure if these rephrasings are all grammatically correct or not. I should know this, but I have not been in school in years.

I'm going to find out.

As long as the question is understood is all that really matters.
0 Replies
 
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 01:20 am
@glitterbag,
Thank you Glitter, for helping me realize I kind of botched the thread question up. Apparently, my use of the word "vs." and stressing it was confusing you.

To answer your question:

Are any kind of hypothetical contest (fight, game, etc.) and/or comparison questions and/or discussions allowed here on Able2know?

Are any kind of questions and/or discussions in which one or more items is set against other items allowed here on Able2know?
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 01:28 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:


Who would win if The Silver Surfer and Superman were to battle?


Going by these two questions:

https://www.quora.com/Why-exactly-does-Silver-Surfer-beat-Superman
https://www.quora.com/Can-Superman-Destroy-Silver-Surfer

Silver Surfer would win.
0 Replies
 
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 01:53 am
@Real Music,
I have a good question for you:

Who'd win in a fight- Power Girl or Galatea (DCAU)?
0 Replies
 
glitterbag
 
  1  
Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 02:08 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Thank you Glitter, for helping me realize I kind of botched the thread question up. Apparently, my use of the word "vs." and stressing it was confusing you.

To answer your question:

Are any kind of hypothetical contest (fight, game, etc.) and/or comparison questions and/or discussions allowed here on Able2know?

Are any kind of questions and/or discussions in which one or more items is set against other items allowed here on Able2know?



Well that explanation helps, however I'm not sure how members you can attract. I hope some of the members can provide content.
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 05:42 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

JGoldman10 wrote:

Thank you Glitter, for helping me realize I kind of botched the thread question up. Apparently, my use of the word "vs." and stressing it was confusing you.

To answer your question:

Are any kind of hypothetical contest (fight, game, etc.) and/or comparison questions and/or discussions allowed here on Able2know?

Are any kind of questions and/or discussions in which one or more items is set against other items allowed here on Able2know?



Well that explanation helps, however I'm not sure how members you can attract. I hope some of the members can provide content.


To further clarify:

Are any kind of hypothetical contest (fight, game, etc.) and/or any kind of comparison questions and/or discussions allowed here on Able2know?

Hypothetically I might want to start a discussion thread entitled "Siri vs. Cortana vs. Google Assistant vs. Alexa- which AI assistant is best and why" or simply "Siri vs. Cortana vs. Google Assistant vs. Alexa" since there is a character limit on thread titles.

I don't know anything about them, so I would probably ask which one is the best to get in a question thread.
0 Replies
 
panzade
 
  2  
Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 06:25 am
@glitterbag,
“And Bob's your Uncle”
My dear departed Mum used that expression.She was from Australia.
Roughly meant “There you go”
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2019 06:34 am
@panzade,
It's based on Robert Walpole, Britain's first prime minister who gave away lots of well paid jobs/sinecures to family members. If Bob's your uncle you're doing very well.
 

Related Topics

How to use the new able2know - Discussion by Craven de Kere
New A2K feature requests. - Discussion by DrewDad
I'm the developer - Discussion by Nick Ashley
JIM NABORS WAS GOY? - Question by farmerman
A2K censors tags? - Discussion by hingehead
New A2K Bugs - Discussion by sozobe
New A2K annoyances - Discussion by sozobe
The a2k world is changing 3: about voting - Discussion by Craven de Kere
LOST & MISPLACED A2K people. - Discussion by msolga
Welcome to the 'New' My Posts - Discussion by Nick Ashley
The "I get folksonomy" club - Discussion by Robert Gentel
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Are "vs. questions" and/or "vs. discussions" allowed here on Able2know?
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 11/12/2019 at 04:04:09