Are "vs. questions" and/or "vs. discussions" allowed here on Able2know?

Rebelofnj

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 11:10 am
@JGoldman10,
I know. You told me this before, and I have been aware of it for years before I met you.

Your line of questioning is odd. I don't care about that pic you posted because I don't find it appealing and it is crudely drawn.

I should mention that according to studies, sex does not always sellhttps://news.illinois.edu/view/6367/522402
Makes sense, given how out of the top 100 highest grossing films, none of them have sex as a major selling point.
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/
JGoldman10

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 11:21 am
@tsarstepan,
We are talking about the way female characters are dressed and presented. We aren't talking about how crappy one's character designs are.

Ixapter's animations, comics and toon art are a bit amateurish. His character designs could be better. He told me he went to art school. I can draw much better than that. The cartoons I draw are Warner Bros.- or Disney-level stuff. Or other (classic) Hollywood cartoon-level, or TV cartoon-level stuff in general. Pro-level cartoony stuff. I don't do crappy stuff.

Don't insult me.

As I said earlier, if you showcase your animations and comics online in video form or in some other formats, your material doesn't have to have high production qualities to be popular. A number of Ixapter's toon videos have generated at least a million views. He doesn't have any toon or comics videos that have generated less than 10,000 views.

I've seen a number of crappy cartoon videos online other people have made that have generated millions of views. Case in point- the SM64 videos I referenced earlier in this thread. I don't know how the guys who make those videos do it- they seem to keep out with a new cartoon video every week. They have LOTS of videos that have at least 1 million view counts.

Rebel is wrong- there ARE comic dub videos that are popular. I have seen and/or heard of a few that have generated at least 1 million views.
JGoldman10

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 11:28 am
@Rebelofnj,
Good, you answered the question.

If sex doesn't always sell, why do people choose to use it anyway?

Especially, presumably, if people know that doesn't always work?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 11:31 am
@Rebelofnj,
You didn't answer the other question I posted.

Why did you assume Ixapter wouldn't have given me serious answers to my questions about the production of his work?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 11:36 am
@Rebelofnj,
You are right- I'm a Christian and I am being tolerable of a cartoonist/animator who promotes sensuality. Something I wouldn't do.

This is hypocritical of me. Thank you for pointing that out.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 11:38 am
@Rebelofnj,
Do any of the comics writers you listed that you claimed you follow write any CARTOON comics?
izzythepush

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 11:43 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48435379246_b6a9a95d09_b.jpg

I think the shorts should have been a bit longer- they are drawing too much attention to her butt.

No they don't. She's in portrait, you can't see her bum at all.

Attention is in the eyes of the drawee.
JGoldman10

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 11:48 am
@izzythepush,
You can see her side bum. It's sticking out and it should be covered up more. Her shorts should be longer.
Rebelofnj

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 12:00 pm
@JGoldman10,
Kate Leth - Adventure Time comics
Faith Erin Hicks - the Adventures of Superhero Girl
Elsa Charretier - Star Wars all-ages comics
Mark Millar - 1990s Superman Adventures
Chip Zdarsky - Jughead
Mark Waid - The Incredibles, Archie

Also, based on the fact that he said his videos were for everyone, I has assumed Ixapter was not serious.
izzythepush

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 12:06 pm
@JGoldman10,
No I can't, but I've not spent many hours studying it intently, if I had I'd probably start imagining stuff like that too.

If you think sites like that are inappropriate don't visit them, and don't repost them with a load of mock outrage.
JGoldman10

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 12:38 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Well, you were incorrect about Ixapter. He did teach me about the materials, tools, resources and equipment he used to produce his videos and how to use them.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 12:44 pm
@izzythepush,
When I look at pics I notice details. You can see her side bum. I noticed it right away.

What do you mean by "mock outrage"? I was just posting screenshots to make a point.

And don't repost what? What are you talking about?

I don't know what video sharing sites you people use in the UK. YouTube is a site people of all ages use.
JGoldman10

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 12:49 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I've seen a number of crappy cartoon videos online other people have made that have generated millions of views. Case in point- the SM64 videos I referenced earlier in this thread. I don't know how the guys who make those videos do it- they seem to come out with a new cartoon video every week. They have LOTS of videos that have at least 1 million view counts.

FIXED.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 01:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
You've made that point quite a number of times, earlier on you posted a load of scantily clad drawings. I think you like looking at pictures like that and are looking for a reason to talk about them. Nobody else seems that bothered, but you think they're wrong and you keep posting more of them.

I think your point is well and truly engorged.

I don't like pictures like that, the first thing I noticed were that her legs were far too long, totally out of proportion with the rest of her body.
JGoldman10

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 03:19 pm
@izzythepush,
Sigh- I post a couple of screenshots from cartoon and comics videos from some guy's YouTube page, to make a point with someone and to make sure I was on the same page as that person, and you people are making a big to-do over it.

I apologize for posting those screenshots. I realize I should not have posted them.

Can we move on and talk about something else?
JGoldman10

Sat 3 Aug, 2019 03:47 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Sigh- I post a couple of screenshots from cartoon and comics videos from some guy's YouTube page, to make a point with someone and to make sure I was on the same page as that person, and you people are making a big to-do over it.

I apologize for posting those screenshots. I realize I should not have posted them.

Can we move on and talk about something else?

I'm being criticized for posting lewd screenshots from cartoon and comics videos, at the same time trying to justify why I did that.

I was wrong. Again I apologize.
izzythepush

Sat 3 Aug, 2019 04:02 am
@JGoldman10,
You don't need to apologise, I don't think anyone else is bothered. You're the only one making a big deal about this.

If you like those pictures than watch them if not, don't. Just don't post a load of them and say you disapprove, it doesn't sound right.
JGoldman10

Sat 3 Aug, 2019 07:06 pm
@izzythepush,
I am a Christian. I really shouldn't be looking at stuff like that.
izzythepush

Sun 4 Aug, 2019 12:33 am
@JGoldman10,
What harm are you doing?

Don't beat yourself up over it.
0 Replies