Are "vs. questions" and/or "vs. discussions" allowed here on Able2know?

Rebelofnj

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 01:14 pm
@JGoldman10,
Scott Snyder
Geoff Johns
Jim Lee
Mark Waid
Grant Morrison
Tom Taylor
Marguerite Savage
Kurt Busiek
Elsa Charretier
Robert Kirkman
Liam Sharp
Kelly Thompson
James Jean
Bill Willingham
Stephanie Hans
Todd MacFarlane
Amanda Connor
Cliff Chiang
Marguerite Bennett
Leinil Lu
Mark Millar
Charles Soule
Kate Leth
Phil Jimenez
Tom King
Andrea Sorrentino
Peter Tomasi
Mikel Janin
Kyle Higgins
Ray Fawkes
Francis Manapul
Chip Zdarsky
James Tynion IV
Tony Daniel
Babs Tarr
Faith Erin Hicks
Dan Slott
Ron Marz
Kieron Gillen
Greg Pak
Kelly Sue Deconnick
Matt Fraction
Brian Azzarello
Becky Cloonan
Jason Fabok
Greg Rucka
Jim Steranko
JGoldman10

Tue 30 Jul, 2019 03:16 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Okay. Did you see this thread I started?:

https://able2know.org/topic/525117-1
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
JGoldman10

Wed 31 Jul, 2019 06:14 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

So, I looked Ixapter's videos. They are odd.

Lots of videos sexualizing Peach and Daisy, and having them in provocative poses.

Animation is akin to those Legend of Zelda CDi games from the early 90s, which is not all a compliment.

I assume you mainly went to Ixapter's channel and looked at his video page, and mused over thumbnails for his videos, like the ones for some of his cartoon videos, for example:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48426752561_7fdccec6fe_b.jpg

The girl in the blue is Princess Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy.

Here's thumbnails from some of his comics videos:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48426999377_ba6d8eed00_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48427008142_18749c8300_b.jpg

I'm only posts pics of thumbnails that I feel comfortable posting here.

Yes, he sexualized and objectified all three of the Mario Princesses in his videos. I want to ask him why he chose to make them look like sexy pin-ups and treat them like eye candy if he intended to make his videos for everyone, when I have the time.

I don't see too much difference between the content of Ixapter's SMB/Pac-Man animated videos and comics videos and the content of the classic Tex Avery cartoons that featured Red or the classic Pepe Le Pew cartoons.

I expressed an interest in Ixapter's SMB/Pac-Man-related videos becuase I was a bit fascinated with the idea of some kind of SMB/Pac-Man crossover series being made and because he was doing something cartoony.

I don't know too much about the Zelda CDi games, but is this what you're referring to?:

I have seen and heard of this before. There was also the Hotel Mario game:

I do not think the animation in Ixapter's videos is akin to the animation in these two games. I think it's more akin to the animation of those (adult) comedic TV cartoons from the '70s and early '80s, that came equipped with their own laugh tracks.
JGoldman10

Wed 31 Jul, 2019 06:42 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I am not necessarily trying to emulate Ixapter. I have my own animation/cartooning style.

I gave him a few pointers about how to make his material look more professional. I suggested he uses a lettering guide when producing his comics pages.
Rebelofnj

Wed 31 Jul, 2019 08:25 pm
@JGoldman10,
Was it really necessary to post screenshots of suggestive content from Ixapter's YouTube channel? I already said I went to the channel.

Also, Ixapter may not have given serious answers to you. The person may have given joke answers or less than truthful responses.
JGoldman10

Thu 1 Aug, 2019 11:16 am
@Rebelofnj,
No, he did give serious answers.

I was serious when I asked him how he produced his cartoon and comics videos in the comments section under one of his videos on YouTube. He explained the production techniques he employed using Flash and told me about some of the other software he used, and how he used it, and what other tools, equipment and resources he used to produce his videos.

He told me how he times his animated videos and how he records the monologues he does for his animated videos.

I told him I am a fellow artist and I was an animation student and that I am interested in learning how to use Flash and produce Flash animated videos and videos showcasing comics. I told him I'm interested in producing animations and original comics and showcasing them in video form. He told me he was an animation student also. He said he didn't mind me asking him production questions.

Why do you think he would have given me joking answers or less than truthful responses?

Rebelofnj wrote:

Was it really necessary to post screenshots of suggestive content from Ixapter's YouTube channel? I already said I went to the channel.

No, I see your point. I apologize.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 1 Aug, 2019 11:20 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I am not necessarily trying to emulate Ixapter. I have my own animation/cartooning style.

I gave him a few pointers about how to make his material look more professional. I suggested he should use a lettering guide when producing his comics pages.

FIXED.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 1 Aug, 2019 11:35 am
@Rebelofnj,
Ixapter also has a DeviantArt account, where he showcases a lot of his toon art. His original comics are on there too.

I don't know if you'd be interested in this or not. Just thought I would share this with you.

If there's anything of Ixapter's I might want to emulate it's the visual effects he uses and creates in his animated videos and comics videos.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 1 Aug, 2019 01:11 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Olivier posted a lewd pic of Vampirella. How come you didn't comment about that?
glitterbag

Thu 1 Aug, 2019 01:17 pm
@JGoldman10,
Probably because you’re the only one who pretends to be offended by lewd cartoons.
JGoldman10

Thu 1 Aug, 2019 02:39 pm
@glitterbag,
Olivier's pic WAS lewd. There's stuff out there that is far worse than Ixapter's cartoons and comics.

I called Ixapter out on the content on one of his cartoons. He agreed with what I said.

If you're inferring that it's a bit hypocritical of me to be tolerable of Ixapter's work, than yes, you're right. I am not a big fan of some of his material. I've seen his other videos and artwork. I've seen the work he showcased on his DeviantArt account.

In hindsight I should not have posted those thumbnails from some of his videos.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 1 Aug, 2019 08:23 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Scott Snyder
Geoff Johns
Jim Lee
Mark Waid
Grant Morrison
Tom Taylor
Marguerite Savage
Kurt Busiek
Elsa Charretier
Robert Kirkman
Liam Sharp
Kelly Thompson
James Jean
Bill Willingham
Stephanie Hans
Todd MacFarlane
Amanda Connor
Cliff Chiang
Marguerite Bennett
Leinil Lu
Mark Millar
Charles Soule
Kate Leth
Phil Jimenez
Tom King
Andrea Sorrentino
Peter Tomasi
Mikel Janin
Kyle Higgins
Ray Fawkes
Francis Manapul
Chip Zdarsky
James Tynion IV
Tony Daniel
Babs Tarr
Faith Erin Hicks
Dan Slott
Ron Marz
Kieron Gillen
Greg Pak
Kelly Sue Deconnick
Matt Fraction
Brian Azzarello
Becky Cloonan
Jason Fabok
Greg Rucka
Jim Steranko

And how many of these writers write cartoon comic books?

I am curious- this is a still from Ixapter's most recent cartoon:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48435379246_b6a9a95d09_b.jpg

Does this pic offend you?

Daisy is more modestly dressed here, relatively speaking. She is more covered up. I think the shorts should have been a bit longer- they are drawing too much attention to her butt.
Rebelofnj

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 04:26 am
@JGoldman10,
I never said I was offended.

I find it hypocritical that you have shown disdain over sexual content in media and wanted women to dress in a modest sense, then you post provocative images of Nintendo characters.
izzythepush

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 04:34 am
@JGoldman10,
What you're displaying is something called prurience, which is an unhealthy obsession with sex. That's why you keep posting pictures of scantily clad cartoon characters all the while claiming to disapprove.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 10:10 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

I never said I was offended.

Are you offended? Are you bothered by the last pic I posted?
Rebelofnj

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 10:38 am
@JGoldman10,
No, I'm not offended. Why would I be offended?

I just find your behavior as hypocritical.
JGoldman10

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 10:41 am
@Rebelofnj,
A lot of people use sex to sell cartoons and comics, and video games. This is nothing new.

They've been doing that for decades.

They've been using sex to sell toons since the Golden Age of Hollywood animation. Ever since theatrical cartoons- films and shorts- came out.

They've been using sex to sell kids'/family cartoons- film and TV cartoons- as early as the '80s. There are probably earlier examples but I don't know of any off-hand.

When they do it for kids'/family/all-age cartoons it's often a subtle or subliminal thing.

I think the same can be said about kids'/family/all-age comics and video games.

When people are young they don't notice or think about this stuff.

I think it's gotten more blatant in recent years.

Recently, I never noticed and realized how naughty Archie comics were- I never picked up on the nuances when I saw and read them in my youth.
JGoldman10

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 10:44 am
@Rebelofnj,
So you think that last pic is fine?
tsarstepan

Fri 2 Aug, 2019 10:51 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

So you think that last pic is fine?

Worse. It's not offensive. It's utter sh!t design. I maybe the first to say this. If this utter trash fire you call a pic is what you find inspiring? I can imagine what garbage you plan on putting out into the world.