Making the First Move? / Neverending Advice & Hints....

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:33 pm
If Setanta's not flirting, I'm going to have him pronounced dead.
If he's flirting at a gym, I'll bring him water.

~~~~~~~~~~

I have no problem being direct. If I want someone to come over, I'm gonna crook my finger and signal him to come over while I'm winking at him. Or I'll go over.

But a wink. <shrug> Generally a wink is just that a wink. Though I have misfired with a wink on occasion. There was a bit of an incident with a Japanese waiter once. He forgot how to speak Japanese after I inadvertently winked at him. Confused
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:36 pm
woo-hoo--thanks everybody.

i'll never have love trouble again!
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:37 pm
um, did you see anybody crooking their finger around here? lemme know, ok?

Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:37 pm
ehBeth wrote:
<open the doors of hell>

that boy's lying again

You really got me with that one, Miss Girl, i did indeed laugh aloud . . .
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:39 pm
You may be over-thinking all of this, EM.

Part of the problem is that there are few universals. Eva, beth and I are the direct types -- you wouldn't have to do much guessing. But I do know coy types who would drive me insane in my single days, friends who I would go out with. They'd do the whole minute plotting of eye contact and distance and bleh. I have no patience for that, and have no patience for the kind of men who have any patience for that.

Be friendly. See what happens.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:47 pm
sozobe wrote:
You may be over-thinking all of this, EM.

Part of the problem is that there are few universals. Eva, beth and I are the direct types -- you wouldn't have to do much guessing. But I do know coy types who would drive me insane in my single days, friends who I would go out with. They'd do the whole minute plotting of eye contact and distance and bleh. I have no patience for that, and have no patience for the kind of men who have any patience for that.

Be friendly. See what happens.

I agree. I have a bad habit of over thinking stuff.

You know whats kind of funny: sometimes when I really want to meet someone, I just sort of mentally go:

"Turn off mind. Do what a playa would do in this situation."

And it works like a damn charm.

Funny.

Don't think too much, ok guys? Too much o' that, and you'll be sunk with the ladies.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:47 pm
extra medium wrote:
um, did you see anybody crooking their finger around here? lemme know, ok?

Laughing

just don't mistake this

http://www.geektimes.com/michael/site/archive/2001/04-01/images/uncle-sam-wants-you.jpg

for this

http://www.orienteeringonline.net/photos/come-here.jpeg
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:50 pm
rolling on the floor LOL!

well either, way, I guess you end up in the same place.

damn, you found a fine specimen (not the one on top)
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:52 pm
this is a great test case!!!

So, if I see a girl looking like that above in a club, and motioning like that, should I go right up to her and start yakking?

:wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:54 pm
If she doesn't scare you, hustle yer butt over and ask her ... well, this isn't actually an adult forum, but ask her if she called you over for anything special.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:56 pm
sounds good

wow, love is actually quite easy after all!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:57 pm
The minute you walked in the room
I could see you were a man of distinction and taste
Hey big spender, spend a little time with me . . .

Sure, hustle your ass over there, and keep a good grip on yer wallet . . .
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:58 pm
damn i'd almost get out my wallet for that at this point...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:58 pm
Quick rant:

I know all of these guys who ask about getting their game on and being a playa and how to get a girl's attention and yadda yadda yadda... And then those very same guys are like, "All the women I meet are flighty/ dumb/ materialistic/ no sense of humor/ fragile self-esteem/ boring/..." Maybe it's because that's the type you're selecting for with your "playa" methods!!

Ahem.

(Yes, I know a lot of those guys.)
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 09:00 pm
plead: no contest
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 09:04 pm
sozobe wrote:
Quick rant:

I know all of these guys who ask about getting their game on and being a playa and how to get a girl's attention and yadda yadda yadda... And then those very same guys are like, "All the women I meet are flighty/ dumb/ materialistic/ no sense of humor/ fragile self-esteem/ boring/..." Maybe it's because that's the type you're selecting for with your "playa" methods!!

Ahem.

(Yes, I know a lot of those guys.)

doesn't that describe the majority (not all) women? Twisted Evil Drunk

that was a JOKE people!
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 09:09 pm
Okay, no more Mr. Nice Guy:

I just want a 100% guaranteed way that I know, when I walk in a room, and a damn girl smiles at me, she wants to talk or whatever, or if she's just smiling to be nice.

Why is that so hard?

I have noticed the subtlety of like when they'll smile, then you'll come over, then they get more of this frown and move away...thats a funny one.

On the other damn hand, I've hand them turn toward me and move right in like they're going to kiss you right on the spot....

weird...the unknown language of the sexes...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 09:09 pm
...of the women you find in bars and that succumb (just that, "succumb") to playa methods, I don't doubt. In the general population, not so much.

I know I know it's easier said than done, I've been with my husband since I was still in college and I know it's brutal out there and I have no right to preach. Still, it seems like there are so many possible ways to meet women -- regular, interesting, non-psychotic women.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 09:12 pm
Non-psychotic women ? ! ? ! ?

What are they like?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 09:13 pm
THERE IS NO SECRET LANGUAGE!

If there's any one message, it's that.

Example:

Abby is at a party. She is interested in some guy over in the corner, but the initial eye contact has taken place and now she's in the take it easy phase. She wants to seem happy and interesting if he glances her way again, though, so she looks around at other people at the party in a bright, smiley way. Her focal point is on the guy in the corner, though. Meanwhile, some guy that was in the middle of the swath she was smiling at is coming towards her and trying to chat her up. She frowns.

One possible scenario out of a zillion possible scenarios.
0 Replies