94% OF YOU BELIEVE DIANA WAS MURDERED

wandeljw

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 01:56 pm
Quote:
Diana death inquiry findings due
(Press Association, December 11, 2006)

The investigation into the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, and Dodi Fayed will be published at noon on Thursday, Scotland Yard has confirmed.

Lord Stevens will hold a press conference at the QE2 centre in London to unveil the findings of his three-year inquiry.

He will be joined by Deputy Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Paul Stevenson and the senior investigating officer, Detective Chief Superintendent David Douglas.

Diana, 36, and 42-year-old Dodi, were killed along with chauffeur Henri Paul when their Mercedes crashed in the Pont de l'Alma tunnel in Paris in August 31, 1997.

The report examines conspiracy theories surrounding their deaths including allegations that the couple were murdered. Dodi's father, Harrods boss Mohamed al Fayed, is among those who have claimed Diana and her lover were killed in an MI5 plot.

Former Met Police chief Lord Stevens, who was asked to undertake the high-profile inquiry when the inquest into Diana's death opened and adjourned in January 2004, is expected to conclude it was an accident.

The couple had been pursued by paparazzi photographers after leaving the Ritz Hotel for Mr Fayed's apartment. A two-year investigation in France blamed Mr Paul for losing control because he was high on drink and prescription drugs and was driving too fast.

One of the conspiracy theories suggested the blood samples from the chauffeur were switched, a claim understood to have been disproved by new DNA tests.

Other revelations rumoured to be in Lord Stevens' report include allegations the US secret service was bugging the Princess's telephone conversations in the hours before she died and confirmation she was not pregnant.

His inquiry, estimated to have cost as much as £4 million, is said to bring together some 20,000 documents and 1,500 witness statements.

Metropolitan Police officers used cutting edge computer technology to reconstruct the crash scene and examined the Mercedes in painstaking detail. Lady Butler-Sloss, who is now in charge of Diana's inquest, is due to resume the hearings in early 2007 - the year which marks the 10th anniversary of Diana's death.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 10:00 am
They are desperately trying to put the lid on this. If it was a straightforward accident it means there was no conspiracy, and no one would be afraid of the truth. In fact there would have been a big effort to get the truth out specifically to nip any wild talk in the bud.

But what happened was just the opposite. Its been nearly 10 years and still no inquest! Unbelievable. So DNA tests apparantly prove the blood sample was from Henri Paul. If so how was he able to drive the car at all with such a high level of carbon monoxide that he should have been unconscious? Where did the CO come from?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 10:04 am
Steve,

I am glad you responded to my post. It seems that a great deal of new information is coming out. There is also a report that U. S. intelligence was wiretapping Diana's phone! What would be the purpose of that?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 10:05 am
I wonder what the percentage of people is of those who could care less.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 10:23 am
wandeljw wrote:
Steve,

I am glad you responded to my post. It seems that a great deal of new information is coming out. There is also a report that U. S. intelligence was wiretapping Diana's phone! What would be the purpose of that?
There may have been no particular reason. Because they can tap phones...they do! It might have been just a fishing expedition. Or they might be doing it for British MI5. Just before Diana died, she said "What I'm going to do next will really surprise you!" There is no doubt the British establishment regarded her as a lose cannon. Maybe she was going to convert to Islam, marry Dodi and start a rival lineage in competition with the Royal family. They would certain fear that, in the popularity stakes it would have been a Ferrarri vs some clapped out British banger. I'm not in the slightest surprised that intelligence agencies were interested in her private calls. Of course I have no idea whether Diana was a victim of a conspiracy or not, but her death was mightily convenient for some very important people.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 10:45 am
au1929 wrote:

Absolutely!

On the day of Diana's funeral, her hearse travelled up the M1 Motorway on it's way up to her brother's few million acre estate, where the burial was to take place.

The authorities closed the whole bloody motorway, which coincided with me wanting to drive on it at that precise time, in order to go and buy some plants for my garden.
I was bloody livid, having forgotten all about the poxy funeral and finding myself in a three mile tailback of traffic, until they allowed us mere mortals back on the M1 again.

You can certainly count me in amongst the many, many British people who couldn't give a stuff about the royal family, with or without Diana.

I managed to buy the plants in the end though, that was the main thing.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 01:09 pm
au1929 wrote:

Or couldn't care less.

BBC are realising they went "over the top" in trying to mirror the public mood.

She was a fruitcake.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 01:28 pm
Two pages in THE London Evening paper ...

http://i10.tinypic.com/2qxynat.jpg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 01:31 pm
McT, If Diane was a "fruitcake," she sure fooled many of us ordinaries. Wink
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 02:42 pm
I care very little about the goings on of the rich, idle or notorious.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 03:17 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

She was a good-looking fruitcake with a lovely smile.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 03:31 pm
McTag wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

She was a good-looking fruitcake with a lovely smile.

I think that's what I want on my tombstone.

"She was a good-looking fruitcake with a lovely smile."
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 03:37 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:

So glad the death of a pretty young woman, her boyfriend, chauffeur and serious injury to their body guard, not to mention the grief of a nation didnt inconvenience you too much E.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 03:39 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

Hey and by the way, c.i., you must be the most extraordinary "ordinary" I know. :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 04:09 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

So glad the death of a pretty young woman, her boyfriend, chauffeur and serious injury to their body guard, not to mention the grief of a nation didnt inconvenience you too much E.

The incident bothered me, S, but the bleedin' hoo hah and the god awful rigmarole that followed it fair got right up my nose.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 04:17 pm
it was tragic, too bad, seriously it was, but Jeez Louise lay off already..... you are going to turn her memory into stand up comic fodder.... in fact it's probably too late....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:13 pm
McT, I'll take that as a compliment. Wink
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:53 pm
au1929 wrote:

Count me in. Never did understood that whole hysteria. What did she ever do that would have made her death more important than anyone else's? I mean, seriously. People just went hysterical! Unbelievable.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:53 pm
Laughing

Sweet Razz

happycat wrote:
I think that's what I want on my tombstone.

"She was a good-looking fruitcake with a lovely smile."
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:58 pm
wandeljw wrote:
It seems that a great deal of new information is coming out. There is also a report that U. S. intelligence was wiretapping Diana's phone!

That turned out to be a no-go report.

References to Diana, not wiretaps of Diana
0 Replies