Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 06:14 am
No.

But I fear you will elaborate.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 06:23 am
Quote:
Why would anyone want to kill her, surely there are bad people that would be better to get rid of.

Quote:
because she posed a mortal threat to the Royal establishment.

She had made it her goal in life to bring them down.

She was still young. What if she had further children and started a rival "royal" lineage?

Who would the people side with? Charles and Camilla or Diana and ?

The monarchy needs to maintain a fair degree of popular support these days or it is finished. The royal family themselves might happily opt for private retirement, but there's a whole industryof people around them who's comfortable lives depend on the institution of monarchy. For them, preserving it is paramount.

Quote:
Do you really think one woman posed that much of a threat.I didnt see anything that she did as a threat to bring them down!!
All I saw was a popular woman doing alot of good.Maybe the royals felt she was showing them up.They pull their fingers out and do more charity work with a smile on their face.Now she has made the royals better not worse, its just a shame someone had to die to make that happen.

Quote:
Well I dont know. You might be right. But I think its a fact that monarchy cannot continue without popular support. I really think they were worried the people would rather give their allegiance to Diana than Charles.

Just replace Diana with Jesus, and those that hated her with Pharisees.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:51 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
I really think they were worried the people would rather give their allegiance to Diana than Charles.

Fortunately for Merry Old, i am not a denizen . . . i believe i would rather give my allegiance to a welsh ewe in a sexual abuse victim's recovery group than to the Bonny Prince . . .

Thunder, this is the international news forum, now you just run along back to the bible belt forum and let the grown-ups talk, 'K?
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:56 am
I am here...for comic relief. And a great many people here seem to have a lot of spare time on their hands.

As to the specific question under consideration, I agree with the Boss.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:01 am
Diana/Jesus.

Diana did not heal the sick she merely bought it to the attention of others, like Mother Theresa and others have done for many years, raising its profile and hopefully generating more money to help.

Diana was less hairy.

She couldnt perform miracles.

She hasnt spawned a religion.

She didnt know she was gona die.

The royal family have lasted for centuries.
Who knows with all the extra marital bonking wether every kid in royal family is of blue blood!?

China and America dont have royalty yet they arnt doing too badly re tourism.

I dont get how it can be said that 'the royal family wont last if they arnt popular'.How can you just get rid of a family?!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:05 am
Well, i'm sure there's a spare cellar in Ekaterinburg which one could rent cheaply for the weekend . . .
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 10:11 am
Don't tell me what to do Setanta. My comment was merely based on an observation. And how about you treat everyone fairly, I make a comment, somewhat off topic, not unlike a lot of others, and you jump off my back, how about you lay off?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 10:12 am
Waaa Waaa . . . run with the big dogs, or stay on the porch . . . it is immaterial to me . . .
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 11:49 am
LOL, Set. One of these days someone has got to start a discussion about the movitation behind words from some, on some posts. It would be entertaining, if nothing else.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 01:30 pm
Having seen the "actual" photos, that were never published in the Newspapers in Britain, I can say that it was total carnage (I wont go into any more detail).
My very good friend was/is on the Picture Desk of one of the big Newspapers here in Britain, and he showed them to me.
He knew the Photographer that took the pictures (there were several Papparazi there at the scene), and said that this guy was one of his main contacts for any newsworthy pictures apertaining to France.
He had known and worked with this "Pap" (as he calls them) for over ten years, and judged him to be ruthless in his work, but not a liar.
This Pap, when asked by my friend what he thought of the circumstances leading up to the accident, said that it was absolute chaos.
Everyone concerned was chasing her car like buggery, and the car raced off like a rocket, trying to lose its persuers. He considers it to be no more than a road race accident, bought about by an over zealous attempt to elude the Paps.
No doubt this Pap felt not a drop of remorse about what had happened....
....that is their nature. Without them, we wouldnt have any sensational front pages to entice us to buy a Newspaper.
In my view (and we're all guilty, IMO) we feed this pack of Wolves, by actually buying "sensation". I have had many an argument with my friend about this, and he says, that without "bread and butter" sales using sensation, many papers would close. By keeping newspapers going, other more important issues can, and are, exposed on a daily basis.
My friend was quite against putting these pics on the front page, or indeed using them at all, and had to fight quite hard with his Editor to get his point across.
They never used them, but I believe a Foreign Magazine printed similar pics somewhere.
I dont give a toss about the Royal family, but I think this whole thing was an unneccessary tragedy, as it caused death and heartache.

No conspiracy though, IMO.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 02:36 pm
i would rather give my allegiance to a welsh ewe in a sexual abuse victim's recovery group than to the Bonny Prince"

ok set you're excused this one
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 02:59 pm
interesting post oh lorde and you av elptus

I've heard about those photos but not seen them. Cant say I want to. I dunno. Although I'm quite prepared for any flippant comment on this subject, there is a serious point here, i.e. a young woman and her lover died a premature and violent death. But if it was a straightforward accident (they do happen I agree) why no inquest? If it was a simple case of accidental death, why for Gods sake do they allow all these stories and conspiracy theories to gather?

However, my prize (a big kiss) for the day goes to Material Girl for her observation that Diana was less hairy than Jesus. Smile
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 03:07 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
If it was a simple case of accidental death, why for Gods sake do they allow all these stories and conspiracy theories to gather?

The circulation of conspiracy theories may be related to attempts to shift blame in any liability lawsuits. If the driver was drunk, the driver's employer may have been sued.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 03:13 pm
Aren't we talking about French courts rather than British courts?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 03:45 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Aren't we talking about French courts rather than British courts?

Absolutely....and the French are known for not following correct forensic procedures.
It may have been the case here...who knows. Could have been a diplomatic thing to save any French embarrassment?

But it sounded to me as if it was a high speed loss of control, and not a case of a mysterious car coming out of nowhere, or other such guff.

He (driver) could have been drunk.....I know that at that time, France had an appalling record for road deaths, due to drink driving. The whole attitude towards DUI was shocking.
I have, on several occasions, sat opposite french policemen (restaurant near where my brother lives in France, lots of cops go there)
...who thought nothing of downing a bottle of wine each with their meals at lunchtime, and getting into their cars and resuming work for the afternoon.
It is different now....France has become a lot stricter with this issue.
It was losing too many of its Citizens. I havent tried googling this....too late in the day now, but if someone did (EU road death figures for, say, 1999 or thereabouts....with a breakdown by Country) you will be sure to find that France was up there at the top of the league. It was in their culture.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 05:39 pm
I'm not sure but I think the driver of the car was Italian. Didn't the autopsy reveal both pills and booze? Wasn't the bodyguard who survived the only one who was wearing a seat belt?

I don't see a conspiracy--just lots of stupidity.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 05:46 pm
thunder_runner32 wrote:
Does anyone see a parrallel between Diana and Jesus?

Most definitely. They are both imaginery characters in popular fairy tales.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 05:47 pm
You are a very naughty Miss Girl, and i shall have to take you over my knee at the earliest opportunity . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 05:49 pm
can I watch (I promise not to take pictures)?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 05:50 pm
Sorry, with a mug like that, i ain't takin' nothing on good faith . . .
0 Replies