being the scarlet woman to my 45 year old geo teacher....

msolga

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 02:57 am
Well, good luck to you, then, Mintcake. You may well need it. Is there really any point with continuing with this discussion, do you think?
0 Replies

Mintcake

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 03:01 am
no. i don't really think there is... i wasn't actually reaching out for further debate when i started this up again.. i just wanted people to know that i'm still fine and that it's going well, if they had any interest. I feel a bit like i should've let the sleeping dog lie.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 03:03 am
OK, then. I wish you well, Mintcake.
0 Replies

Mintcake

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 03:06 am
Cheers. It's appreciated.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 03:09 am
Smile
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 05:33 am
I say hooray for the teacher. He's married, getting a student and one that was probably under 18. I know he's bragging to his friends. And you're thinking his going to give up his wife and leave her for you?
Damn lucky guy if you ask me.
As far as your concerned Mint, one of these days it will strike you real hard that "damn I got used and screwed"
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 01:58 pm
Mintcake--

You have taken an unconventional path--and you have a right to do so.

I repeat, good luck.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 02:03 pm
Mintcake wrote:
and Eva sweety, I don't agree that I'm naive... I understand all the views on this relationship.

You underdstand all the views except the wife's, I bet. Or, maybe you do understand the wife's view as well. Which just makes you a selfish, heartless, childish teenager.
0 Replies

Mintcake

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 04:25 pm
hahaha. wow Milwaukee. That comment was really mature. Maybe you should think before you post. Or maybe this thread strikes you a little too close to home. Anyway, you made me laugh. I know who I am, and I know what I'm not. It seems you need to revise that.
0 Replies

Mintcake

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 04:26 pm
Again, thanks (err...) everyone for their suggestions and opinions. This is will be my final post on this thread. Cheers.
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 09:51 pm
Mintcake wrote:
I am well aware of all the dangers and I've made my decision to 'find out the hard way' which exact dangers are actually occuring. I'm pretty sceptical and so am looking out for myself... though he and I both feel like right now we have a deal that suits us...

Well, I know minty's made her final post here, but I thought this was such a cute misunderstanding, I just had to clarify...Minty, dear, I'm not concerned with getting through that you're putting yourself in danger....I couldn't care less, that's up to you-- I meant get through to you that you're doing a really sh*tty thing to a woman who hasn't wronged you in any way.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 10:21 pm
<sigh> Say nothing of what Mr Wonderful is putting his family through .... the wife, the children ..... Must be a fun household. Sad
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 10:31 pm
yep... I've seen my mom go through this, a teacher I really like whose wife left him for someone else, and a friend of my mom's, whose husband left her three weeks ago for another woman. A break-up is hard enough, but finding out that an affair was a part of it too is just so much added pain.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 10:47 am
Remember Mintcake wasn't a legal adult when she was seduced by an authority figure.

The real villain in this piece is not Mintcake.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 11:04 am
It's too bad predators can still make their way into authority positions.

I agree with Noddy: I tend to direct my disguist at the pathetic excuse for a 45 yr old man. Evil or Very Mad

Though Mintcake is not completely off-da-hook; she is the one is the 'lower caste'. He clearly has the advantage, and it is wrong.

When I was reading this thread I started to wonder: where is Mint's father/ parental figure in all this? Are they simply totally in the dark? I'm sure Mint went out of her way to keep it a secret (part of the appeal and what allowed it to go on at all). But: if a dad knew about this! Man, my dad would have torn this guy a new you-know-what.

It just got me thinking: Usually these freaks go after girls that are vulnerable. They can pick em out in a crowd no problem and work off it.

So maybe Mint should consider strengthening some of her other adult relationships. Maybe that is the place she should be directing her attention; instead of this guy. This could be a great opportunity for her to go to the root of what brought him to her in the first place.

Otherwise (call me a cynic, or a realist) :
I see Mint falling into a series of unfortunate events and repeating this pattern til the dogs come home or something truly devastating happens.
That would suck!

take care Mint (if you even come back here)
and all for letting me shove in here
Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 06:43 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Remember Mintcake wasn't a legal adult when she was seduced by an authority figure.

The real villain in this piece is not Mintcake.

Oh, I absolutely agree, Noddy! It's Mr Wonderful.
0 Replies

dolly18

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 04:59 pm
Hi mintcake,

although i've came in really really late on this strand, it sounds so similar to another strand i was discussing on. It was the had a affair with married man topic. well anyway, im the same age as you and i felt the same way as you feel about this man with the guy that is after me and he is at 30 something. I dont think its a good idea to deal with this man because like other people before me said, HE CAN BE LYING TO YOU. He told me the same things,"my wife doesn't understand me like you do", "I will leave her in a heartbeat for you", "i dont think my kid will mind"...yadda yadda yadda. mintcake, dont buy the bull. You dont wanna fall asleep at night knowing YOU are the reason that the family isn't together and his kids dont have a full time father. Trust me it was SO HARD to move on and to get him completely out of my mind because he promised me the world. The secrecy was his and me drive and yes it made it fun but as i removed myself from the situation, i began to see that i was probably a toy to him and that hurts!!! I really really loved him. I dont think that u want to experience that feeling so drop this guy as QUICK as possible! Sad
0 Replies