Is it true monetization is basically set up the same way on all video hosting sites?

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 11:34 am
@JGoldman10,
Then why bring up COPPA at all? How will it impact you?

It is not going to impact general content creators.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2020 12:02 pm
@Rebelofnj,
It is or is going to affect people who have "user-created content" on certain websites. I'm going to discuss this in another thread.

I have a bunch of questions I want to ask.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 04:40 am
@Rebelofnj,
Hello Rebel. Were you trying to dissuade me from starting a thread about COPPA?

As a person who wants to produce his own animation and/or comics and showcase and monetize this stuff online I think COPPA is something I should be concerned about.
Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 04:56 am
@JGoldman10,
Because COPPA is not something that would affect you.

It is law that is aimed at protecting children online from predatory marketing tactics. Basically, creators would now have to say if their videos are for kids or not for kids.

COPPA is brought up as YouTube was doing a poor job moderating content for children, forcing YouTube to make a Kid-friendly video service YouTube Kids.

Besides, do you plan to even post any videos within the next 2 years? Any information you get now may be outdated by the time you actually post online.
jespah

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 05:35 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Because COPPA is not something that would affect you.

It is law that is aimed at protecting children online from predatory marketing tactics. Basically, creators would now have to say if their videos are for kids or not for kids.

COPPA is brought up as YouTube was doing a poor job moderating content for children, forcing YouTube to make a Kid-friendly video service YouTube Kids.

Besides, do you plan to even post any videos within the next 20 years? Any information you get now may be outdated by the time you actually post online.
Heh, fixed that for ya.
Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 08:10 am
@JGoldman10,
It is only a concern if you are making inappropriate video content and claiming it is for children.

It is not a difficult system to understand.
chai2

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 08:26 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Besides, do you plan to even post any videos within the next 20 years?
Heh, fixed that for ya.

Laughing Laughing Cool
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 09:45 am
@Rebelofnj,
No, I don't plan on producing any underground material and showcasing it online and passing it off as "kids'/all-age/family entertainment".

When I first talked to Ixapter about the comics and cartoons he made that he showcased in videos on YouTube, I asked who was his target audience was. To paraphrase what he said, at the time he claimed he was "making them for everyone". However in his most recent user-created cartoon video to date, as of the time of the posting of this, his video starts off with a
disclaimer aimed at COPPA that says all his user-created cartoon videos are all marked as "not for kids". That's not true- if you go under the other user-created cartoon and comics videos he made no such disclaimer under the descriptions for his other videos exists. Only two of his videos on his channel have age restrictions on them, and it's for the same user-created cartoon video- one is the original and the other is the edited version.

To clarify I'm talking about the videos in which Ixapter showcases the cartoons and comics he produced. I'm not talking about videos in which he showcases other people's cartoons and comics, like his Archie Comic-related slideshow videos for example.

For some odd reason he didn't mark his user-created comics videos as being "not for kids" in his most recent user-created cartoon video to date.

Is COPPA going to be an issue if you produce any PG-rated stuff and call it kids'/all-age/family entertainment?

I really should be discussing and asking questions about COPPA in another thread.
Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 10:04 am
@JGoldman10,
Just flag your videos as not for kids.

It doesn't really matter anyway. You are going to ask this question again in the near future without actually uploading any videos and seeing what happens.

You already asked about how monetization works multiple times across at least 2 sites.
Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 10:25 am
@JGoldman10,
I feel like you keep bringing up Ixapter, despite the poor quality of his work and reliance on fan service, because he is the only creator who would communicate with you.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 10:38 am
@Rebelofnj,
Your pessimism is not helping me.

You asked if I plan on making any cartoon and comics videos and showcasing them and monetizing them online in the next two years.

In light of what's going on in the the world regarding the Covid-19 crisis including certain things being on lockdown, I hope so.

My old art college is still closed to the public. So are public and college libraries in my county.

I hope I can get the training I need to learn how to voice act professionally and to produce comics professionally before then.

I am hoping I will have the money to do this, and the money to get the materials, tools and resources I need to produce my own cartoons and comics and showcase them online in video form and monetize them before then.

I'd like to showcase my toons and comics on as many online platforms as I can. I don't want to have to wait at least a year or however long it takes to meet the criteria I need before I can start monetizing my videos on ANY video-sharing sites. Or on social media, or on artist community sites or on ANY online platform.

Being able to showcase comics as simple web comics would be nice.

I don't want to have to wait a long time before I can start monetizing any commissions work on any online platform.

Does one have to wait to meet certain criteria on certain sites before they can get paid for making and showcasing commissions work online?

On sites like Deviantart and Newgrounds one can get paid to do commissions work.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 10:40 am
@Rebelofnj,
He's one of the few creators I recall meeting online I have communicated with at length. I've met other creators online.

One of my Christian penpal is a writer. He's talked to me about his work and shared some of it with me.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 10:54 am
@JGoldman10,
You have said all of this to me many, many times in the last few years. I can produce an old email you sent that says this, with some parts word for word.

And nothing has changed.

In order to get people to watch your works, you need to market it. It is very important to stand out against the other animated shows and comics available out there.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 12:08 pm
I'm not concerned about the Covid-19 crisis. This mess is coming to and end.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2020 07:55 pm
@Rebelofnj,
What's changed? Me actually wanting to focus on getting stuff produced and showcased. My mom and brother are away. I don't have as many distractions. However certain things are on lockdown and certain restrictions have been imposed on people due to the Covid-19 crisis.
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 03:52 am
@JGoldman10,
If you are determined, you can still work on your projects. All you really need is pencil and paper; that should be adequate until the lockdown is over and you can get whatever else you need.

Thousands of people have been able to create videos and artwork from home, as seen on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 07:13 am
@Rebelofnj,
Hello Rebel. It's going to be a while before I can get Internet service reinstated on my laptop, which is something I need. I returned my family's charter equipment to Spectrum via a local Spectrum store but my mother and I still have to pay our Spectrum bill off.

Plus, I forgot my 4-in-1 inkjet scanner needs ink. It can't function without it. I need that also. It's been a long time since I purchased any ink for my scanner and used it.

We were trying to find a reputable vender to buy ink cartridges from; we'd been gypped a number of times. We don't have money and ink to waste.

In the meantime it might be a good idea to look into and set up crowdfunding campaigns on certain crowdfunding sites (Indiegogo, GoFundMe, Patreon, etc.) as well as pursue venues for other types of funding (grants, awards, etc.). I haven't pursued any venues for funding for individual use and for personal projects in a long time.

Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 07:27 am
@JGoldman10,
Your printer has needed ink for 2+ years. Most ink cartridges are at least $20 and can be bought in the same stores that sell printers: Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Staples, Office Depot, Amazon etc. They are not hard to buy. You just need to check what kind of cartridge works for your printer.

You had already made numerous threads about getting funding.
https://able2know.org/topic/180283-1
https://able2know.org/topic/526644-1
https://able2know.org/topic/179699-1
https://able2know.org/topic/530688-1
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 07:47 am
@JGoldman10,
You don't really need the internet to write a rough draft. Just write whatever you can, then once you are connected again, you can make edits.

Plus, you apparently can use the internet on your smartphone, given that you keep posting here, but for some unknown reason, you cannot use Google on your Google-powered phone.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 08:43 am
@Rebelofnj,
I use Google and Bing. I do a lot of research by word of mouth. That helps.
0 Replies