Is it true monetization is basically set up the same way on all video hosting sites?

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 04:42 pm
Hi. I am curious about this. I would like to showcase my own animations and comics in video form online on as many video hosting sites as I can- YouTube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, etc.

Is it true monetization is basically set up the same way on all video hosting sites? You have to generate at least 1 million views per video before you can start making any real money on any of them?

I know on YouTube you can earn $1-$5/1,000 views per video. On Dailymotion and Metacafe you can earn $5/1,000 views per video.

I don't know about how monetization works on other video hosting sites like Vimeo or Veoh, for example.

Please help- thank you.

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2019 06:57 pm
Does anyone on this site have any channels on any video hosting sites- YouTube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, etc.?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 10:45 am
No one here has ANY channels on ANY video hosting sites?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 06:14 am
@JGoldman10,
tsarstepan wrote:

YouTube will no longer allow creators to make money until they reach 10,000 views
That's 10k views in total for the channel (not per individual video... though that would easily help).

I don't know anything about the other two hosting sites. Have no interest in spending time over there to find out.

I don't know anything else on monetization on YouTube. Try here....
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 10:42 am
As long as people's videos are still generating views on video hosting sites on YouTube, Dailymotion and Metacafe, etc. they are still making money off of them- correct?
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 11:43 am
@JGoldman10,
As I explained on Yahoo Answers multiple times months ago:

Monetizations works similarly across the sites, though the viewership thresholds for Dailymotion are lower as those site is not popular. Metacafe did have a Producer program but it was abandoned due to low profitability.

Also, it is preferable to use just one video hosting site, to avoid splitting your viewership. If you do post on all video sites, than you won't be able to reach the viewership thresholds because everyone is watching in different sites.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 04:27 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Logically speaking, why wouldn't you multiply your viewership threshold if you host videos on more than one video sharing site?
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 05:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
I'm talking about reaching viewership thresholds, not gaining viewers.

For example:

Let's say your show is in 3 different sites and your total audience is 100 viewers across the 3 sites.

For monetization, Site A has a threshold of 100, Site B has a threshold of 75, and Site C has a site of 80.

In viewership numbers (remember, the total is 100), the video on Site A has 55 viewers, the video on Site B has 20 viewers, and the video on Site C has 25 viewers.

Due to the fragmentation of your audience, you failed to reach the viewership threshold on all three sites.

This is partly why regular TV/ Cable networks don't premiere new episodes on different channels.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 10:39 am
Are people still able to monetize their videos on sites that have disabled comments? Dailymotion disabled posting comments under videos because people were infecting the site with viruses via spam bots. Metacafe seems to have disabled posting comments under videos on their site.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 11:19 am
@JGoldman10,
I'm assuming that disabled comments have no effect on whether a video is monetized.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:17 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Are people still able to monetize their videos on sites that have disabled comments? Dailymotion disabled posting comments under videos because people were infecting the site with viruses via spam bots. Metacafe seems to have disabled posting comments under videos on their site.

A simple Google search brought up this answer.
Quote:
Earn revenue from video monetization
Updated 1 hour ago
Once you've enabled monetization, you will automatically start earning revenue from your uploaded videos.

On dailymotion, many videos are served with in-stream advertisements—ads that appear before, during, or after videos (learn more about ad formats). Enabling video monetization allows you to share in the revenue these advertisements generate when served on your videos.

The more views your videos get, the more revenue you earn—so make sure to share your videos. And, you can make even more by embedding your videos on your own websites. To do this, you'll need to verify your domains.

To get paid, make sure to add your banking information. Earned revenue will automatically be transferred to your PayPal account or bank account every month when your balance exceeds $100. Also, you can always track your revenue in your analytics and view your payments.

Dailymotion
Monetization on Dailymotion comes from the number of views a particular hosted video gets.

As for Metacafe? Here's a third party article, so take it with a grain of salt.
Three Ways to Make Money with MetaCafe
Quote:
Metacafe Users can Make money by Uploading Best Videos that Becomes Popular on Metacafe.
Metacafe has Reward Option for their Users that they Pay $5 for Every 1000 Views After a Video Get 20,000 Views. This Means Video have to have 20,000 Views to Start Earning $5 every 1000 Views.

The other two options in that article do not involve a video getting a certain amount of comments.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2020 06:12 pm
According to a YouTube video I watched called "We Speek - YouTube Monetization for Dummies":

you earn 55% of ad revenue on YouTube and can earn $1.50 to $2.50 per 1000 views per video.

I don't know how accurate this is - I've seen different figures for the CPM on YouTube elsewhere online, like $3-$5 per 1000 views.

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2020 09:12 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

According to a YouTube video I watched called "We Speek - YouTube Monetization for Dummies":

[YouTube]http://YouTube.com/watch?v=h5fttS4vTWQ[/YouTube]

you earn 55% of ad revenue on YouTube and can earn $1.50 to $2.50 per 1000 views per video.

I don't know how accurate this is - I've seen different figures for the CPM on YouTube elsewhere online, like $3-$5 per 1000 views.

However, according to this video, you have to wait and meet certain criteria before you can start monetizing videos on YouTube. I wonder if you have to wait and meet certain criteria on other video hosting sites (Dailymotion, Metacafe, etc.) before you can start monetizing your videos on them.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2020 09:31 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
However, according to this video, you have to wait and meet certain criteria before you can start monetizing videos on YouTube.

I told you this 2 years ago on Yahoo. I even linked to the YA! question in this very thread. You even responded and asked the same questions about monetization.

To repeat what I wrote to you 2 years ago.
Once a channel reaches 4,000 watch hours in the previous 12 months and 1,000 subscribers, it will be reviewed to join the YouTube Partner program.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/72851?hl=en

I must have explained this to you many times in the last 2 years.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2020 01:37 pm
@Rebelofnj,
What about other video hosting sites?
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2020 01:55 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

What about other video hosting sites?

Let's not bark around the dog bush. Aren't you putting the cart before the horse? Why do you need to know this information so desperately if you don't produced or publish any actual content?

You've been asking questions about creating comics and videos since you became a member here in 2005.
Minority grants, qwards and fellowships

Do you or do you not have a sizable amount of original material that you've created to send forth into the world?

Have you ever posted a single sample of your work online? I don't ever remember you posting anything here at a2k.

Like asking how does one take over the world... but remaining cloistered in one's bedroom or basement and never firing a single shot?

0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2020 02:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
Here is what I wrote two years ago, as apparently you didn't click on the link I provided months ago:

Metacafe did have a Producer program but it was abandoned due to low profitability.
Vimeo has some limitations: From what I can find, Vimeo does not pay per view. You can sell your videos at your own price and keep 90% of the profits. Or offer a monthly subscription.
https://vimeo.com/features/video-monetization

Seriously, I have given this information to you many times.

Is there a reason why you don't use or even save the information you keep asking for?
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2020 02:08 pm
@JGoldman10,
I would suggest working on your project then worry about which site to use. Especially as the website info you may get now could be out of date when you finish your project.

That is how every creator in every medium does: that make something, then they try to sell their product to a distributor.

That is why film festivals exist: filmmakers are showcasing their films, hoping to get a studio to help distribute the film to a larger audience.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2020 08:35 pm
@Rebelofnj,
What about Dailymotion?
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2020 08:51 pm
@JGoldman10,
Seems you are going to ignore looking at the Yahoo links I provided months ago and apparently you are not going to answer my question about how you keeping asking for the same information.