Is it true monetization is basically set up the same way on all video hosting sites?

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 11:04 pm
@Rebelofnj,
When I have the time I will.
chai2

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 09:38 am
@JGoldman10,
Laughing Laughing
chai2

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 11:40 am
@chai2,
I sure you don't realize the humor I, and everyone else I'm sure, see's in your saying "when I have the time.

You made that post at midnight. I was up watching Netflix at midnight, because I hardly ever go to bed before 1 or 2am

Since I got up with morning, around 9:30a to now, 12:30a, and this is a typical day....

Household:
Cleaned and mopped kitchen and vacuumed/sweept rest of house, emptied dishwasher and started new load.
Fed, watered and cleaned litterboxes of 2 indoor cats, and fed and watered an outside feral cat.

Business:
Saw that I sold 5 items on ebay since yesterday, packed and labeled them, and they are ready to go to post office later today. Netted about $50 from these.
Opened boxes of merchandise I ordered to sell online, and inventoried them in my spreadsheet,
Posted for sale 2 items I had received a couple of days ago.
Organized my shipping materials, inventory, noted what I should buy more of.

Other:
Communicated with my realtor about someone coming by at 11:30 to walk the parameter of my house, because it's for sale.
Looked online to see if there are any other homes in the area I want to live are for sale. Noted them to check out today when I go out to the post office.

Before all that, I sat and drank 2 cups of coffee, looked at this site, paid a bill online and other stuff while waking up.

Oops, I just got a notice on my phone I sold something else, so I better get it ready for shipment.

And you're telling me that you don't have time to respond.

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 12:20 pm
@chai2,
I have things to do when I'm not online. I have a life outside the internet.
chai2

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 12:29 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I have things to do when I'm not online.

Like what?

You don't consider my taking care of my home, a small business and selling and buying a new home is having a life?

Ok, we're back to square one I see.

Someone making a comment for you to address, or question, and you ignoring it.

But you don't see that as disrespectful?
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 12:34 pm
@JGoldman10,
Technically, everyone has a life outside the internet. However, since most people are out of work and most businesses are closed, people now have more free time available.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 12:49 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I meant I have important personal business-related matters I need to deal with right now. Stuff like things dealing with work and personal finances, important calls to make, etc.

I have to go out and buy food and pick up free food.

My mother needs my help.

I would like to make dental appointments and appointments with my physician but I was told I shouldn't visit my local doctor's office and/or dentist's office unless I have to.
chai2

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 12:50 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Not just "technically".

Everyone has a life outside the internet. Period, full stop.

I post no more or less since COVID 19.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 01:00 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I meant I have important personal business-related matters I need to deal with right now. Stuff like things dealing with work and personal finances, important calls to make, etc.

Did you even read what I wrote?

In 3 hours, I did more things with work, personal finance, calls, plus other than you have in days, weeks, maybe even months.

This happens every day. Right now I am, as I'm posting this, also opening boxes of inventory I'd ordered, and I have to process them into my system. I'm going to start creating images to post to sell items I'm not going to be receiving for a week or 2, but there quite a variety, and I need to get ahead of the game.

Within the hour, I'm going for my daily trip to the post office with packages, stopping by the pharmacy, making sure the gardener got my message about work that needs to be done, doing more daily home stuff like laundry and more, communicating with friends via text, which goes on throughout the day, and more.
I don't get a chance to really stop "working" until 9 or 10 at night.
Spare mintues to take a break, I look on here.

So don't talk to me, or anyone how you have important things to do.
We all have important things to do.
The diffference is, we actually do them.

Since I got up with morning, around 9:30a to now, 12:30a, and this is a typical day....

Household:
Cleaned and mopped kitchen and vacuumed/sweept rest of house, emptied dishwasher and started new load.
Fed, watered and cleaned litterboxes of 2 indoor cats, and fed and watered an outside feral cat.

Business:
Saw that I sold 5 items on ebay since yesterday, packed and labeled them, and they are ready to go to post office later today. Netted about $50 from these.
Opened boxes of merchandise I ordered to sell online, and inventoried them in my spreadsheet,
Posted for sale 2 items I had received a couple of days ago.
Organized my shipping materials, inventory, noted what I should buy more of.

Other:
Communicated with my realtor about someone coming by at 11:30 to walk the parameter of my house, because it's for sale.
Looked online to see if there are any other homes in the area I want to live are for sale. Noted them to check out today when I go out to the post office.

Before all that, I sat and drank 2 cups of coffee, looked at this site, paid a bill online and other stuff while waking up.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 01:08 pm
@JGoldman10,
We all have personal business matters to attend to whenever we are offline. You are not the only one.

Everyone is either working from home, applying for unemployment insurance, rescheduling events, making calls, buying food (preferably once a week, not everyday), etc.

You should have more free time available to you then months before, unless you are working at an essential business. It is not like you are working on business all day, every day.
chai2

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 01:42 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

My mother needs my help.

With what?

She's in a place where she's being taken care of, and the last thing you said about her was that she didn't want to talk to you.

I suspect the reason she is where she is right now is because of the lack of help and care you were giving her in the home.

I very much remember saying your sister was very upset by what she found as far as the conditions with you, your brother and her.

The fact that, as you claim, she was in and out of the ICU makes me very much suspect she was not getting proper care. My impression was she was actually taken out of that home environment.

To quote Chris Rock
That right. I said it.

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 03:01 pm
@chai2,
She called and left a few messages for me as of the time of the posting of this. That's not true.

I have personal business I have to deal with with her.

She needs my help getting financially situated.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 03:06 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I'm still trying to figure out what to do concerning work since I can't work from home doing transcription work on my laptop since there's no internet connection on it. I've been asking the head of my local employment center for advice.

I don't want to go into it here - part of the business I need to deal with personally involves Social Security.

I'm not worried about having money to cover personal expenses like rent, food and utilities. I know that will be taken care of.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 03:31 pm
@JGoldman10,
When it comes to it, you may have to apply for unemployment, either online or by phone.

I have been furloughed and I applied within a week.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 03:40 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Are you talking about unemployment insurance?
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 03:43 pm
@chai2,
My mother has been helping me take care of personal expenses since she's been away in rehab. She still needs money to pay for stay at the rehab center she's in. How is she going to get that if I don't help her?

She has personal business matters she needs to deal with regarding the rehab center she's in that she needs my help with.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 03:44 pm
@JGoldman10,
Yes.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 03:50 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I'll ask the head of my local employment center about that. Thank you for the suggestion.

I can't fill out job apps online using a smartphone nor can I print them out.

The head of my local employment center suggested asking my neighbors if I could use their laptops or PCs to fill out and/or print out job apps online. I don't know if that's wise to do that.

Can you fill out and/or print out anything online using a tablet?
chai2

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 03:58 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

My mother has been helping me take care of personal expenses since she's been away in rehab. She still needs money to pay for stay at the rehab center she's in. How is she going to get that if I don't help her?

She has personal business matters she needs to deal with regarding the rehab center she's in that she needs my help with.

From what you say about yourselves and your family, you have little in the way of assets, and you've never mentioned gainful employment.

It would appear that perhaps she's on social security, and you receive some sort of state or federal aide.

If she's run out of her medicare benefits, and she has little in the way of assests, she'll most likely go on Medicaid. The social worker at this rehab, actually sounds like a long term care facility, can and will help her with that.

You make this all sound so mysterious goldman "personal business matters, needing my help with getting her money, phone calls about (whatever you said)"

We are all adults here goldman, and realize you don't work. You don't earn any money. Because you couldn't take care of her at home, your sister had your mother and your brother removed. Your mother is in a long term care nursing home now, and will need to stay there. She is going to apply for Medicaid.

It's not difficult to understand.

We all know rehabs, long term care etc costs tens of thousands of dollars. It's not as if you are going to come up with that kind of money. So you or the social worker will put in an application, she'll get approved for Medicaid for long term care, and that's pretty much that.

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 04:07 pm
@JGoldman10,
I have not used a desktop computer in over a month.

Meaning I have been using a smartphone for internet access since mid March, which includes posting on this site.

Yes, it is possible to complete an online form for unemployment insurance on a smartphone.

Depending on your model printer and the app, it is also possible to print from a smartphone.