Is it true monetization is basically set up the same way on all video hosting sites?

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 12:35 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I think my mother said to get the ink from Office Depot or Best Buy.

I didn't buy store brand ink. I bought Epson ink, specific for the model printer I have.

If I bought any discount ink, it was the Epson brand. I don't recall for certain- it's been a long time since I used my printer and/or bought ink for it.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2020 07:49 pm
I'll go online and purchase the ink from Bestbuy.com or OfficeDepor.com or wherever my mother said to it using a gift card. No big whoop.
chai2

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2020 08:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
I'll alert the media.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2020 02:29 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I'll go online and purchase the ink from Bestbuy.com or OfficeDepot.com or wherever my mother said to get it using a gift card. No big whoop.

-FIXED.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2020 02:33 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I only brought Ixapter up as an example. He's the only online artist I know of off-hand who recently had COPPA regulations imposed on him.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 05:16 pm
My printer uses either EPSON 200 or EPSON 200 XL ink. I usually bought whichever one was cheaper.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 05:27 pm
@Rebelofnj,
You're wrong about the ink I need only being $20. I need Epson 200 or Epson 200 XL ink cartridges for my printer and I need at least one black, yellow, cyan and magenta cartridge. One cartridge costs around $20 at least. I wish I could get 4 cartridges for only $20. Four-packs cost even more.

I looked up the cost of these cartridges on Best buy.com and Office Depot.com. The ink I need is expensive.

Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 05:48 pm
@JGoldman10,
If your printer is like most printers, you can get only the black ink cartridge just so you can use the scanner to get started. The other cartridges are needed for color printing.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 05:56 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I'm going to comparison shop for ink cartridges on the online stores for the other retailers you mentioned.

I'm kind of debating whether or not I should buy ink off of eBay.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 05:56 pm
@Rebelofnj,
My brain hurts.

https://www.officedepot.com/catalog/search.do;jsessionid=0000zYLXyac6FxKW2pso60_W-Ss:17h4h7b45?Ntt=Epson%20200%20Cartridge&cmsearch=epson%20200%20xl%20|keyword%20matches|epson+200+cartridge&predict=true
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 05:58 pm
@chai2,
I was just on that site thank you. You can get individual Epson ink cartridges for around $10 bucks each. My mistake.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 05:58 pm
@JGoldman10,
You may be overblowing how COPPA is affecting online.

None of the professional and indie comic artists I follow never mentioned COPPA, and it appears only YouTube channels targeted towards or popular with children are affected.

I'm not sure Ixapter was family friendly to begin with. I babysit some young family members, and I would never let them watch any of Ixapter's videos due to the inappropriate content.
chai2

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 07:54 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I was just on that site thank you. You can get individual Epson ink cartridges for around $10 bucks each. My mistake.

You're welcome.

Regarding making money on this....I'd like to ask you a few questions. And, I would like you to give me the respect to answer them, and not things we have all heard many times before from you. Or worse, saying things that are not connected to what is asked.

#1 - What is your time worth to you? Money wise.
I ask this because you have spent literally a week or more talking about buying an ink cartridge, and throwing up so many roadblocks to just walking into an Office Depot and getting one.
How are you intending to make money if you can't prioritze how to spend you time to get the most out of it?
You spent hours talking about the difficulties in getting printer ink, and how you couldn't spend a lot, Yet, you wasted 3 times as much in the time you spent talking about it.

#2 - How much money do you want to make? I don't need to know to the dollar, but how much a month or year do you want/need to bring in to make this worth your while?

You said in the beginning people make $1 to $5 per thousand views.
How many views will you get a week or a month? You have to have an idea of this. You can't expect to put something up, and think thousands of people are going to watch.
Look at the people on youtube that have new daily content and are making their living this way. Their views are in the hundreds of thousands and more.
Post a youtube link to something similar to what you want to do. I'd like to see that, and see how well they are doing.

Is this something you want to make a living at? Because if you do, the truth is you are doing nothing to get to that. Not insulting you, but nothing has been done to advance yourself. Never mind mothers, brothers, "having heard somewhere" etc. No one is going to get off the couch and do this but you.

#3 and I am really not trying to bash you here. But the truth is, you spend your days when you're not here sitting around drawing pictures, but where is that going?
There comes a point, and it's way past that, where the fact your mother and brother aren't there anymore, you have "so much" to do, but there's no sign of you getting anything done, where you have to stop with the talking, and get on with the doing.

I am actually surprised to hear you say, a couple times now I think, that everyone has their problems and challenges right now.
That is the very first time I have ever heard you acknowledge that anyone else has a life and things they must do.
That was a very positive step.

You said you can't remember every singe question you ask here. Well, I can say, and everyone will verify this, you ask the same question, over....and over......and over.....and over.....
It never stops. Are you saying you know realize you do that?

If you decide how much your time is worth, you find that you don't want to keep asking the same thing, because you are wasting that time.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 08:35 pm
@Rebelofnj,
No, I would never produce any cartoons and/or comics with racy content. I couldn't do that in good conscience.

Ixapter tried to make the three Mario princesses look like sexy pin-ups in his cartoon and comics videos. All three are/were wearing provocative and/or skimpy form-fitting clothes. Daisy was showing even less skin than Peach and Rosalina; she was parading around in what was basically her underwear. That's not appropriate for kids. Neither is having female characters acting seductively towards male characters.

If I were a parent I would not let my kids look at his stuff. As a Christian I wouldn't let my teen kids look at it.

I'd still like to question Ixapter about his material when I have the time.

What sites do your indie comicmaker friends showcase their stuff on if I may ask?

Some video-sharing sites aside from YouTube have been impacted by COPPA regulations. I know Vimeo is one.

It's not just video-sharing sites that have been affected. Artist/writer community sites like Deviantart have been impacted. I assume other types of sites have been affected also.

Social media sites were targeted.

I want to do more research on this.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 09:11 pm
@JGoldman10,
I follow artists on multiple sites: Twitter. Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, DeviantArt, Tumblr.

I had given you a list of creators I follow on Twitter because you asked for it. Then you specifically asked for creators who made content for children. Apparently you forgot about it.

I just checked DeviantArt's policy regarding COPPA. Apparently, they are just preventing children under the age of 13 from making an account. But otherwise that is it.
https://www.deviantartsupport.com/en/article/what-is-coppa-how-does-deviantart-comply-with-coppa
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 09:27 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I remember you giving me that info. I have to dig it up.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 09:33 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

No, I would never produce any cartoons and/or comics with racy content. I couldn't do that in good conscience.

Ixapter tried to make the three Mario princesses look like sexy pin-ups in his cartoon and comics videos. All three are/were wearing provocative and/or skimpy form-fitting clothes. Daisy was showing even more skin than Peach and Rosalina; she was parading around in what was basically her underwear. That's not appropriate for kids. Neither is having female characters acting seductively towards male characters.

If I were a parent I would not let my kids look at his stuff. As a Christian I wouldn't let my teen kids look at it.

I'd still like to question Ixapter about his material when I have the time.

What sites do your indie comicmaker friends showcase their stuff on if I may ask?

Some video-sharing sites aside from YouTube have been impacted by COPPA regulations. I know Vimeo is one.

It's not just video-sharing sites that have been affected. Artist/writer community sites like Deviantart have been impacted. I assume other types of sites have been affected also.

Social media sites were targeted.

I want to do more research on this.

- FIXED
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 09:39 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Sigh. I hate making typing mistakes.

I meant Daisy was showing even more skin than Peach and Rosalina; she was parading around in what was basically her underwear.

You got the point I made.

A lot of imagery in Ixapter's work was suggestive also. That's not appropriate for kids either.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 09:41 pm
@Rebelofnj,
A handful of people I met and know of have tried to sway me to use sex to sell the toons and comics I want to produce. I didn't give into that.
Rebelofnj

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 09:51 pm
@JGoldman10,
I know. You have said this many times before.

Are you going to answer any of chai2's questions?