Is it true monetization is basically set up the same way on all video hosting sites?

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 08:58 am
@Rebelofnj,
I haven't used my inkjet printer in a long time. I can't do any scanning, copying, faxing and printing on it without it. My family and I didn't have the time and money to get replacement ink for it.

It's more professional to scan any artwork I have into a working 4-in-1 inkjet printer than snapping pics of my stuff with a smartphone.
chai2

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 09:01 am
@JGoldman10,
You do realize scanning something doesn't use ink, don't you?

Unless of course you print it out, which defeats the entire purpose of scanning.

Also, who does paper faxing anymore?
You can it, you attach it to an email. The original scan is in your computer, where you saved it.

Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 09:03 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
My family and I didn't have the time and money to get replacement ink for it.

If you can't spare just 10 minutes on BestBuy.com and spend $20 on some ink, then how are you going to work on your projects, which would take even more time and money to produce?

It took me 5 minutes to get ink for my printer on Amazon and it arrived a few days later. It is not at all time consuming.
chai2

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 09:05 am
@Rebelofnj,
But that would mean actually doing something.

Never mind best buy. you can can't ink cheaper on ebay.

Then, goldman can message the seller back and forth 2 dozen times, and that will keep him busy.

0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 09:05 am
@chai2,
Even my $50 multi-purpose Canon printer can do fax and scanning without ink.
chai2

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 09:12 am
@Rebelofnj,
I have the fax function on mine, but not to sound like a dunce, I've never used it. I just scan and email. It is so seldom I need to fax something, like once a year, it's not worth it learning how.

Also, the last time I had to fax some legal stuff, it was many pages long, and I don't have the capability to merge PDF files. Nothing I had ever needed, and still don't
Since I didn't want to send over 20 separate files, I walked the papers down to the Office Depot where they faxed it.
Some gig billing job I had a while back required I keep copies of paperwork, and again, I would go to Office Depot, have then scan all the papers into one file, and email it back to me or put on a jump drive. The cost was charged to the company I did billing for. Just a couple/three bucks or something.

May not have been the ultimate efficient way to do it, but it worked easily enough.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 10:04 am
@Rebelofnj,
Every printer is set up differently. I have an EPSON model.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 10:10 am
@Rebelofnj,
I think the best way to acquire ink is to get it directly from the vender. I forgot what my mother said. I think she said I should get it from Best Buy or Office Depot. I haven't kept up with maintaining my family's printer in a long time. I'm going to ask her what she said.

I'm not dealing with my brother now. He's out of the picture. I am home alone. I have time now to focus on getting what I need.

I never had the fax function set up on my printer because I never had the need to fax anything.
chai2

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 10:22 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Every printer is set up differently. I have an EPSON model.

So you have to have ink to scan on your Epson?
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2020 10:28 am
@JGoldman10,
Buying ink is not a complicated process. You could have just went to Walmart or whatever big box store in your area, or even go online and got the ink for $20 years ago.

If I was more charitable, I would buy the ink and send it to you.

You lived with your family for years, but you still had time to post online. Could have used that time to buy ink.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 12:32 am
@Rebelofnj,
Don't try to insult me.

I should have been more organized. As I said it was difficult to focus on getting what I need to get any material developed dealing with a relative with "needs" - a person who was constantly creating a hostile, toxic environment.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 12:51 am
@Rebelofnj,
I said this year is the year I focus and get some toons and comics developed. My family isn't around to create any distractions. But then the mess with Covid-19 transpired, putting a huge damper on things.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 02:14 am
@Rebelofnj,
I'm not going to buy any printer ink from any ol' vendor. My mother knows exactly where to get the ink from. I'm going to follow her advice.
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 07:29 am
@JGoldman10,
According to Epson themselves, they even recommend the same stores I mentioned: Staples, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Amazon. They don't sell ink through their site; they just help customers what kind they need and tell them where to buy it.
https://epson.com/where-to-buy?sku=t502120-s

You are going some lengths to avoid buying $20 ink.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 08:58 am
@Rebelofnj,
No I'm not. I don't want to be ripped off. I don't know how many times my family and I purchased printer ink and the cartridges either leaked or lacked ink if I remember right. We don't have time, money and ink to waste.

Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 09:18 am
@JGoldman10,
The stores sell official Epson ink cartridges. You can buy those. If those are the ones that keep leaking or breaking, just get a standalone scanner.
chai2

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 09:46 am
@Rebelofnj,
Could someone explain to me why he even needs ink to scan?
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 09:52 am
@chai2,
According to him, his multi purpose printer requires ink cartridges to work, even when using functions that don't need ink.

Why is it difficult for him to buy easily obtainable official Epson ink for his official Epson printer is a complete mystery.

Even me linking to the official Epson website is not helping him.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 11:27 am
@Rebelofnj,
I need ink to send faxes on my machine. I need ink to perform any function on my 4-in-1 inkjet printer. Inoperability due to no ink is a fail-safe mechanism; that's just the way my machine was set up.
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2020 11:43 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I need ink to perform any function on my 4-in-1 inkjet printer.

That is what I said.

I'm only questioning your difficulty in buying official Epson Ink for your Epson printer, as directed by the Epson website.

If you have been buying discount ink or some store brand ink, that is on you.