Any self-publishers here? What advise can you give me about self-publishing and getting started?

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2011 05:52 pm
I want to self-publish my own comic books and get them distributed. What advice can you give about self-publishing and getting started as a self-publisher? Please help. Thank you.

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2011 10:05 pm
Did you forget this thread you started?

http://able2know.org/topic/168085-18

We gave you a bunch of things to try and to look at and learn from. Did you? Have you googled "how to self-publish a comic book" and looked at and READ the first seventy five or a hundred cites? Why not?
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2011 10:46 pm
I would like to talk to someone who is actually a self-publisher.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2011 10:47 pm
Why anyone continues to help this idiot is beyond me...
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2011 11:48 pm
Shewolf claims to be a self-publisher. I am curious to know how she became one -IF she won't mind telling me. I would rather ask Aldistar.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2011 11:50 pm
I hate typos- I am a stickler for spelling. The topc thread should hae read:

Any self-publishers here? What advice can you give me about self-publishing and getting started?

Fixed.
Ceili

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2011 11:54 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I hate typos- I am a stickler for spelling. The topc thread should hae read:
Fixed.

FAIL
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 12:47 am
@JGoldman10,
I hate typos- I am a stickler for spelling. The topic thread should have read:

Any self-publishers here? What advice can you give me about self-publishing and getting started?

Fixed.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 12:49 am
@Ceili,
SCREW YOU - no one asked you.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 12:56 am
@MontereyJack,
Yeah, I know - you all talked about a self-starter kit. I know that. I KNOW about the XERIC GRANT. I want to talk to someone here who is ACTUALLY A SELF-PUBLISHER and asked what THEY DID to get STARTED IN SELF-PUBLISHING.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 01:12 am
whole bunch of other stuff there, and when you google it. have you actually done it?
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 01:31 am
@MontereyJack,
Yes but you aren't LISTENING. I want to talk to someone involved in SELF-PUBLISHING and ASK AND FIND OUT WHAT THEY DID TO BECOME A SELF-PUBLISHER.

THERE ARE ARTISTS AND WRITERS HERE WHO ARE SELF-PUBLISHERS.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 04:00 am
Now here's what shows up at the bottom of this page in my browser--the ads that pay for this site. You checked out any of them?
Quote:
The Best Self Publisher The only publishing company that focuses on Children's books! www.mascotbooks.com
Self Publishing Now Get Better Distribution, Lower Book Prices and Flexible Royalties. www.BookSurge.com
How To Publish Your Book Download a Free Guide to Learn How to Bring Your Book to Market. www.FriesenPress.com/How-to-Publish

You seem to want everything handed to you on a silver platter, every problem already solved for you. Life doesn't work that way.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 06:40 am
I'm published, but you've not shown the slightest interest in my novel, I'm quite upset actually.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 03:18 pm
@MontereyJack,
You are an ASS. Why would I go through all that if there are people here who are SELF-PUBLISHERS and can tell me WHAT THEY DID?
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 05:10 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

You are an ASS. Why would I go through all that if there are people here who are SELF-PUBLISHERS and can tell me WHAT THEY DID?

And this is why those that do have the information you seek, don't respond to these threads.

Have you given any thought to making a few changes in your methods?
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 05:34 pm
@Butrflynet,
I WAS NOT TALKING TO YOU.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 05:35 pm
@Butrflynet,
SINCE you seem have nothing POSITIVE to contribute, I am putting you on ignore.
Ragman

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 05:40 pm
@JGoldman10,
Impossible as well as a lie.

Your question is directed to all who particpate in the forum. You have zero self control so you respond to everyone regardless of your imaginary ignore list which includes everyone.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 05:42 pm
@Ragman,
She is already on my ignore list. I am not interested in what she has to say.