Can Souls in Hell be Forgiven and Saved and Go to Heaven?

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2013 10:57 am
Often, the vertical upright stake (Greek "stauros") of the cross would be left permanently in place at a recognised execution site and criminals were made to carry the crossbeam there, where it was lashed to the stake to form a cross.
JW's mistakenly think crucifixion involved being nailed to the upright stake (stuuros) alone.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crucifixion

0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2013 05:01 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I am not a JW. However, I don't see what the difference is on whether Jesus was crucified on a cross or a "stake". The general method of crucifixion was on a pillar in those days.

The fact that He was crucified (which I am glad to see that you acknowledge) is the important thing. I ,personally, prefer to accept the cross version but it does nothing to change the reason for the crucifixion.

It says, in Romans, that he who teaches himself is a fool. We all need guidance and teaching.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 01:32 am
Intrepid wrote:
Quote:
We all need guidance and teaching

Which bit of this do we need "guidance and teaching" to understand?-
"Love God, love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor"- Jesus of Nazareth (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25: 37-40)

As for those who say we need to devote serious study to the entire Bible in order to "understand" it, it's a snobbish satanic concept because many people will be put off and think "I'll never understand the Bible and Christianity, I'm not clever enough".
Anyway strictly speaking we only need one simple gospel like this one, not a big thick Bible-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/gospel.gif~original

Paul said - "I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)
"When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus" (Acts 4:13)
Jesus said:-"You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)

Intrepid

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 10:23 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

As for those who say we need to devote serious study to the entire Bible in order to "understand" it, it's a snobbish satanic concept because many people will be put off and think "I'll never understand the Bible and Christianity, I'm not clever enough

The very reason that teaching and guidance is necessary
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 11:01 am
That clown Fabulini just fractures me. Anything he doesn't personally believe, anything he doesn't approve of, he automatically labels "satanic." He's got to be the most intolerant Jesus freak we've ever had here, and that's saying a lot.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 11:35 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . . strictly speaking we only need one simple gospel like this one, not a big thick Bible.. .

Really?! "Philip ran alongside and heard him reading aloud Isaiah the prophet, and he said: “Do you actually know what you are reading?” 31 He said: “Really, how could I ever do so, unless someone guided me?” And he entreated Philip to get on and sit down with him." (Acts 8:29-31)
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 02:19 pm
Jesus saves, not the OT..Smile
The OT is a fascinating read of course, chronicling human close encounters with off-world beings, for example the famous incident when a ghostly hand wrote in an unknown language on the wall at Belshazzar's Feast.
He later had it translated and it read "You've had your chips mate" (Daniel 5:5)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/belshazaar.gif~original

neologist

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 04:15 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Jesus saves, not the OT..Smile
You are missing the nutrition in the meal. " Consequently the Law has become our tutor leading to Christ, that we might be declared righteous due to faith. 25 But now that the faith has arrived, we are no longer under a tutor." (Galatians 3: 24,25)

How will you recognize the sign of Matthew 24:15?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 04:22 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
..."You've had your chips mate" (Daniel 5:5)
What is it about you that you consider your words superior to that of any translator to the point where you take the liberty to apply quotation marks?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 06:44 pm
Neologist pouted:
Quote:
What is it about you that you consider your words superior to that of any translator to the point where you take the liberty to apply quotation marks?

Check out my supremely self-confident body language and unearthly arrogant swagger in this video mate-
"..as a Christian, thank God you bear that name....that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured" (1 Peter 4:16, Col 4:12)..Smile
(Poor Old Spike is my wargaming name)

VIDEO- http://youtu.be/QaArap_NpnI

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 06:56 pm
Neo asserted:
Quote:
"Consequently the Law has become our tutor leading to Christ, that we might be declared righteous due to faith. But now that the faith has arrived, we are no longer under a tutor." (Galatians 3: 24,25)

I know, i've already said Jesus saves, not the OT..Smile

neologist

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 08:07 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
So, then, what is the "abomination that causes desolation"?
What is "the holy place"?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2013 08:12 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
"Mature" ?
If you say so.
"Fully assured" ?
I was thinking (as you say) arrogant, presumptuous.
I don't visit external videos offered as proof.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 04:43 am
Neologist asked:
Quote:
So, then, what is the "abomination that causes desolation"?
What is "the holy place"?

It's clear enough, Jesus in Matt ch 24 is referring to the Apocalyptic devastation of Jerusalem and Israel (and possibly the rest of the world) - “the sun will be darkened,and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.", followed by his return.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 05:06 am
Romeo said- Check out my supremely self-confident body language and unearthly arrogant swagger in this video mate-
"..as a Christian, thank God you bear that name....that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured" (1 Peter 4:16, Col 4:12)
http://youtu.be/QaArap_NpnI

Neologist countered with:
Quote:
"Mature" ?
If you say so.
"Fully assured" ?
I was thinking (as you say) arrogant, presumptuous.
I don't visit external videos offered as proof

Then let me present this stunning still from it (Poor Old Spike is my wargaming name)-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/pos-swags.gif~original

And yes, I'm glad to be confident, fully assured and arrogant rather than doubtful and timid as you seem to admit being in another thread..Wink
"When I'm wrong, I fess up to it"-Neologist quote, 21 Sep 013
"I'm no genius..One of my main reasons for posting here is to sharpen my understanding"- Neologist quote 21 Sep 013

neologist

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 10:23 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Check 1 Corinthians 10:12. "Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall."

I know where to find the truth. You refuse to be influenced by it.

Matthew 24:15 has two fulfillments:
Minor. Abominable thing, (the Roman army) standing in the holy place, (the Temple) in 66 CE. When they withdrew suddenly, Christians who would have been trapped in Jerusalem fled to Pella. Arrogant Jews believed they had defeated the Romans, only to fall to Titus in the year 70.

Major. Abominable thing = the beast of Revelation 17:16. You figure out the rest.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 12:34 pm
Neologist wrote:
Quote:
..I know where to find the truth..

But mate, you admitted in a post yesterday that-"One of my main reasons for posting here is to sharpen my understanding"
which indicates you're STILL searching for the truth after all your years on earth.
By contrast I'm NOT searching for anything, I found it long ago, it's not rocket science-
Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:5/6)

Take my advice and get out of the JW's, they're obviously not doing you much good.

neologist

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2013 01:40 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I'm here to sharpen my understanding of other people's positions,
not my understanding of scripture.

When it comes to you, I am sharpening my understanding of the
importance of considering all scripture. (2Timothy 3:16) Most people
who consider themselves Christian are unable to recocile the stringent
rules of the Law with the loving teachings of Jesus. Yet it is interesting
to note the coincident inclusion of hellfire in the 'loving teachings'.

You appear to be a quintessential example of the above. I am still
trying to determine whether or not your intent is malicious.

Many of the unbelievers here I surmise to be of good intent.
I keep them in mind when I post
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2013 08:14 am
Neologist wrote
Quote:
it is interesting to note the coincident inclusion of hellfire in the 'loving teachings'. You appear to be a quintessential example of the above.

If there's a bonfire at the bottom of your garden you'd say to your kids "Be careful, stay on the path away from it", or you wouldn't be much of a dad.
Same with God, he warns people to stay clear of the fire because he doesn't want us to get burnt.
Jesus said- "Your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish" Matt 18:14

But if people ignore him and reject him like murderers, peedos, crooks, corrupt politicians, drunks, junkies, thieves, liars and con men etc, why shouldn't they be thrown on the bonfire?
Think of Judgment Day as the day God throws out the trash.
If you want a sugary-sweet religion, christianity's not for you and you'd better go join a Tinkerbell fairy-worshipping cult..Wink
"They prefer teachers who only tell them what they want to hear" (2 Tim 4:3)

PS- you mention the "loving teachings" of christianity, yet you JW's would rather let your kids perish than have blood transfusions.
If that's one of the "loving teachings" of the JW's you can keep them..Wink

neologist

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2013 10:39 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
If there's a bonfire at the bottom of your garden you'd say to your kids "Be careful, stay on the path away from it", or you wouldn't be much of a dad.
Same with God, he warns people to stay clear of the fire because he doesn't want us to get burnt.
Jesus said- "Your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish" Matt 18:14
Except there is no hellfire, otherwise Adam and Eve would have been warned of same.

Matthew 18:14 refers to death. No mention of broiling.