Can Souls in Hell be Forgiven and Saved and Go to Heaven?

Glennn

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 06:34 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
You apparently value this life on earth for yourself and all others above all else.

Above all else? What are you speaking of?
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 06:38 pm
@Glennn,
You're pulling my leg now, right?

I'm speaking of what we've been speaking of for some time now.
Glennn

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 06:45 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
I'm speaking of what we've been speaking of for some time now.

I've been explaining that the god was maneuvered into allowing Satan to torment a man and kill his kids and servants because Satan successfully pushed it's buttons after it bragged up Job. What did you think I've been talking about?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 07:25 pm
@Glennn,
OK, Let's start that over.

Quote:
Leadfoot Quote:
"You apparently value this life on earth for yourself and all others above all else."

Above all else? What are you speaking of?

By 'all else', I mean all that God offered man, his ideals, the promise of eternal life in his kingdom. You seem to value this life on earth above that.
Glennn

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 08:12 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
You seem to value this life on earth above that.

How does my valuing this life here on earth detract from the all else you speak of?
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 08:27 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
How does my valuing this life here on earth detract from the all else you speak of?
I didn't say that it did. It's a mater of priorities, what do you value the most. It's the principle behind a lot of things in the bible that don't make sense to many. For instance, John 12:25
Quote:
He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Glennn

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 08:34 pm
@Leadfoot,
So, you are confessing here that you hate your life in this world?

And does this hate include the people in your life?
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 09:05 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
So, you are confessing here that you hate your life in this world?
You still don't get the priority thing. The hyperbole seems to throw you. So yes, Comparatively speaking, I hate this life.

Quote:
And does this hate include the people in your life?
Not sure where that came from, but once I came to the priorities I have now, I found I loved them even more.
Glennn

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 09:20 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
You still don't get the priority thing.

Yes, I get that you hate this life because you believe that it is one of the requirements of getting to a better place, and that you base this belief on something that someone said a long time ago. Your priorities are quite clear.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 09:25 pm
@Glennn,
Nope, I have no one to blame it on but me.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 10:37 am
@Glennn,
I wrote:
Satan has you and me targeted for death, also.
You wrote:
Also? You mean both the god and Satan have targeted you for death? No one has you targeted for death. You are seeing assassins where there is only your lifecycle.
Why did you include God? If our system continues, I expect to die, your assurance to the contrary.
You wrote:
I do not worship anyone. Why would I do that?
If you say so.
tlynch

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 01:44 pm
@extra medium,
Matthew 25:46 reads "And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into internal life" God is a god of love, He is also a god of forgiveness but I believe that you are missing out on one of His key attributes: judgement. God is also a God of Justice, because of God's Love He sent His Son to die for our sins however He comes to a point where He gives us up to our sins but this is only after He has tried and tried to bring us back to Him. There is only one unforgivable sin and that is rejecting God, God seeks us out and wants nothing more than for you to have a relationship but when you reject Him He will turn you over to your sins, He will give you want you want.
Glennn

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 03:25 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Why did you include God?

Because you said:
Quote:

This sentence implies that not just Satan has us targeted for death. Who did you intend to mean?
neologist

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 05:21 pm
@tlynch,
tlynch wrote:
Matthew 25:46 reads "And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into internal life" . . .
"Iinternal life"? What would that be like? But don't expect an answer from Extra Medium. He or she has been on vacation for over 10 years. In the meantime, have fun with Glenn, our resident naysayer.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 05:23 pm
@Glennn,
I think I'll just go to the gym.
Bye.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 05:42 pm
@neologist,
I was think'n I'm in the wrong place here too.

WTF is happen'n to A2K?
Glennn

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 06:07 pm
@neologist,
You said:
Quote:

I said:
Quote:
This sentence implies that not just Satan has us targeted for death. Who else did you intend to mean?

You answered:
Quote:
I think I'll just go to the gym.

Don't feel bad, I don't know who else you intended to mean either. Wink
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 06:18 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
WTF is happen'n to A2K?

Posters don't know when to quit, or when they're beaten, I'm guessing.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 06:47 pm
@tlynch,
It is true that I'm a naysayer when it comes to the indigestible content of the beliefs of others. But unlike your garden variety naysayer, I actually explain why nay is the appropriate response to the decidedly indigestible fare served up by our resident book deifiers.

The question is: Can souls in Hell be forgiven and saved and go to Heaven?

Just for the sake of argument, let's say that the answer is yes, and that you have been saved and pulled from the pits of Hell. Now, even if you bore no physical scars from the experience, the psychological damage from burning alive for any amount of time (without a water break) would be far beyond what even Jesus could heal on a Sunday afternoon after having rested all day Saturday. So in my opinion, it would be a pointless saving. You wouldn't be good for anything after an experience like that. You wouldn't even be you anymore, and your very presence in Heaven would no doubt bring everybody down.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 09:25 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
The question is: Can souls in Hell be forgiven and saved and go to Heaven?
In case you didn't notice, the thread had drifted several light years away from the OP.
And that was a good thing.