Can Souls in Hell be Forgiven and Saved and Go to Heaven?

Glennn

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Christians blame it all on Satan.

If I were the god, I would have shut Satan down immediately. Just another shining example of the god's neglectful nature.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:02 pm
@Glennn,
Logic doesn't seem to be the believers strong suit.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Why would a loving god who gave his only begotten son let unbelievers burn in hell forever?

My theory is that if they get you when you're young, the fear of burning alive forever overrides the intellect, and people will end up not questioning obvious untruths.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:08 pm
@Glennn,
Here's another interesting facts about missionaries and American Indians.
http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/%7Ejar/NNL/NNL_14.pdf
0 Replies

Harry Blake

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:08 pm
Guys, guys, the Earth is a tough Testing Ground, not a kindergarten..Smile

"We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22)
Jesus said "To follow me you must carry your own cross daily" (Luke 9:23)
"We share in Jesus's sufferings in order to share in his glory" (Rom 8:17)
"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life.." (James 1:12)

But for those who can't hack it, Christianity's not for them -
"They prefer teachers who only tell them what they want to hear" (2 Tim 4:3)

Glennn

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:14 pm
@Harry Blake,
That's not really the issue being put before you. I recall asking you: If you're the god who created the beings who have not made the grade, why would you want to torment them or burn them alive for eternity?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:27 pm
@Harry Blake,
It's not about 'hacking it.' It's about scientific facts that refutes the stories of the bible.
For starters, earth is 4.5 billion years old, not 7000.
Glennn

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:37 pm
@Harry Blake,
Quote:
Guys, guys, the Earth is a tough Testing Ground,

Which brings us back to this:

Perhaps God is testing you, Harry. And the test consists of presenting you with two conflicting scenarios, and then watching to see which one you go with. One scenario offers you a picture of a god who is loving, compassionate, and merciful. The other scenario offers you a picture of a god who is wrathful and vindictive to the extent that it has prepared an eternally lasting torture chamber for lesser beings than itself who reject its love and fail to return it.

The test is to discover whether your idea of power and glory involves the capacity to instill fear and to inflict pain, or the capacity to project love and to promote well-being. I trust I don't have to tell you which choice will indicate your failure of the test.

Also, you fail the test if you attempt to cheat by way of assigning two diametrically opposed qualities to God. Have you come to believe that you can love what you fear, or fear what you love?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 10:57 pm
@Glennn,
A good straight forward question.
Quote:
Have you come to believe that you can love what you fear, or fear what you love?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 12:44 am
@Harry Blake,
Harry, are you by any chance from Great Britain?
Your word choice reminds me of an acquaintance I have there.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 06:48 am
@Harry Blake,
Quote:
If you're a bouncer in a nightclub and you sling some bums out into the dark street and wash your hands of them that's it, why should you want to kill them?
"..cast out into the outer darkness" (Matt 8:12)
You're showing up your own contradictions here. The bible does not always talk in metaphors like 'outer darkness'. As in "The wages of sin is death.". No fancy footwork required to interpret that.
0 Replies

Harry Blake

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 12:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
said- How about Quote:New International Version
"So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them"

---------------------------------------------------------------

What about it? Adam/Eve messed up so the Eden story reminds us that humans are by no means perfect when Satan starts having a go at them.
Christians know how to resist him better than other people..Smile
0 Replies

Harry Blake

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 01:00 pm
@Glennn,
said- "it appears that you're dodging the question. Let me rephrase it. If you're the god who created the beings who have not made the grade, why would you want to torment them or burn them alive for eternity?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm flattered that you think I know all the answers, but for that one you'll have to ask God when you meet him!
Remember, he's not some wishy-washy social worker, so if people cross him, they're in a world o' hurt and it serves 'em right, they had their chance..Smile
"These men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed.." (2 Peter 2:12)

Harry Blake

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 01:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
said- "scientific facts that refutes the stories of the bible.
For starters, earth is 4.5 billion years old, not 7000"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, but Einstein proved time is stretchy and flexible, so human time is not necessarily "God-time"..Wink
"With God a thousand years are as one day" (2 Peter 3:8 )
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 01:06 pm
@Harry Blake,
A loving god who 'created' all that would engage in petty torture is a contradiction. Maybe, he would waterboard them.
0 Replies

Harry Blake

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 01:09 pm
@Glennn,
said- "Also, you fail the test if you attempt to cheat by way of assigning two diametrically opposed qualities to God. Have you come to believe that you can love what you fear, or fear what you love?"
-----------------------------------------------------

Christians fear NOTHING, why should they?..Smile
Harry Blake

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 01:14 pm
@Glennn,
said- "If I were the god, I would have shut Satan down immediately. Just another shining example of the god's neglectful nature"
------------------------------------------------------------------

God's using Satan to test us like a drill sergeant..Smile

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 01:26 pm
@Harry Blake,
Why have Satan if god really loves humans. Doesn't make any sense. Did he create humans or not? What's the difference between humans on earth or in heaven?
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 01:30 pm
@Harry Blake,
Quote:
so if people cross him, they're in a world o' hurt and it serves 'em right, they had their chance..

It sounds to me like you've become indoctrinated to the point where you're now desensitized to the the fact that you've just described a mafia boss, and you're in love with it.
Quote:
They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed

And the one doing the destroying is not a brute beast? Evidence of yet more desensitization on your part.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2016 01:36 pm
@Harry Blake,
Quote:
Christians fear NOTHING, why should they?

Well sure. Nothing to fear as long as they agree to love the being that will burn them live for eternity for not loving and worshiping it. You still believe in fear induced love?
0 Replies