Can Souls in Hell be Forgiven and Saved and Go to Heaven?

neologist

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 01:06 pm
@Leadfoot,
I can understand what constitutes wickedness, the unforgivable sin. It is the deliberate sin described by Paul at Hebrews 10:26. Wicked ones do not deserve a resurrection.

But I certainly am not qualified to label another as wicked. With all the mental insufficiency in our world, who can judge?
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 01:40 pm
@neologist,
I thought Blasphemy was the unforgivable sin (another subject)

but as far as judging goes, it is only forbidden if you judge by a standard you are not willing to be judged by.

'Know ye not that ye shall judge angles?'
neologist

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 02:28 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
Right; but not another subject. When you practice sin after knowing God and his standards, you grieve the holy spirit.

But even that can be forgiven if you repent and turn around. This is what Paul was talking about in 2 Corinthians 2:5-8.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 03:13 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Leadfoot wrote:
Right; but not another subject. When you practice sin after knowing God and his standards, you grieve the holy spirit.

But even that can be forgiven if you repent and turn around. This is what Paul was talking about in 2 Corinthians 2:5-8.

You are saying there is a direct contradiction?
Either there is an unforgivable sin or there isn't .
I'll have to look up what Paul was saying there.

Having now read it, I have to assume Paul was not talking about blasphemy.

I agree with your definition of blasphemy but 'knowing God' I think has a deeper meaning than you are giving it. There is something about 'having tasted the Devine fruit of his kingdom' that means a lot more than just believing in God.
neologist

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 03:49 pm
@Leadfoot,
The bible contains many examples of deliberate sinners who repented and were forgiven. All we know is those who continue unrepentant are grieving (blaspheming) God's spirit. Repentance is a difficult thing for us to judge, however. Yet we do our best to avoid associating with those who can bring us down.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 04:07 pm
@neologist,
It sounds like you are defining blasphemy as deliberate sin. Since I'm guessing that all have deliberately sinned, and that all sin is supposed to be repented of to be forgiven, what is the distinction between deliberate and other sin?

Just for the record, I don't believe there is any other kind of sin than 'deliberate'. Do you believe in 'accidental sin'?

I'm still interested in how you resolve the contradiction of blasphemy being unforgivable and yet being forgivable on the same basis as every other sin.
neologist

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 07:24 pm
@Leadfoot,
Suppose I was a shoplifter, addicted to the adrenaline rush. Then I find out God will forgive me and I spend time really learning about God's purpose and the value of Jesus' sacrifice. Should I presume God's mercy to be without limit? In our congregation, if such conduct is discovered and little remorse or change is evident, the offender is expelled from the congregation. Sometimes that is all that is necessary to inspire change. And, after a period of time, the person is re admitted, just like the situation Paul referred to in 2 Corinthians mentioned above.

Indirect answer, I know. But I hope it helps.
0 Replies

Prayforlucifer

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 12:12 pm
@neologist,
Yes kings over the earth, the ones whom teach the living and the dead that rise the truth before judgment
0 Replies

Prayforlucifer

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 12:14 pm
@neologist,
You have not cause you believe not, you cant believe in something that you never have known about, so I shall not taste death, nor shall anyone that knowingly believe.
0 Replies

Prayforlucifer

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 12:20 pm
@neologist,
God is not a false judge, people dont even know they are doing wrong things anymore, the devil has made sin a playground, so why judge the world of they know not what they do, that is why the ones called up with Jesus will,become Kings and Queens to come back to earth with Jesus as his mighty army, to teach the truth before finally being judged
Prayforlucifer

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 12:21 pm
@neologist,
God is not a false judge, people dont even know they are doing wrong things anymore, the devil has made sin a playground, so why judge the world if they know not what they do, that is why the ones called up with Jesus will become Kings and Queens to come back to earth with Jesus as his mighty army, to teach the truth before finally being judged
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 05:56 pm
@Prayforlucifer,
Prayforlucifer wrote:
God is not a false judge, people dont even know they are doing wrong things anymore, the devil has made sin a playground, so why judge the world of they know not what they do, that is why the ones called up with Jesus will,become Kings and Queens to come back to earth with Jesus as his mighty army, to teach the truth before finally being judged
Surely, in this catastrophic world, much wrongdoing is a result of mental insufficiency. I certainly am not in a position to judge anyone. However, I believe we all have free will. There are those who struggle to overcome their sinful nature and those who embrace it. All things considered, I am inclined to favor the former.

Just my own messed up opinion.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:56 am
Posted by hingehead in another thread:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e5/bf/e8/e5bfe897c1b8fb21c7f1d957de8c2c63.jpg
snood

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 10:41 am
@neologist,
Do you believe that?
neologist

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 01:57 pm
@snood,
That, in brief, is an accurate refutation of the doctrine of eternal punishment.
Souls are mortal and can experience nothing when they die.

That is not a denial of the resurrection, however - John 5:28-29
snood

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 02:09 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

That, in brief, is an accurate refutation of the doctrine of eternal punishment.
Souls are mortal and can experience nothing when they die.

That is not a denial of the resurrection, however - John 5:28-29

Interesting. Do you believe it?
Joe Sixpack

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 03:16 pm
@snood,
Though some may rightly look forward to life in heaven. I have only 2 possible alternatives:
Indefinitely lasting life on earth, or
Oblivion
Quote:
For the living know that they will die,
but the dead know nothing;
they have no further reward,
and even their name is forgotten.
Their love, their hate
and their jealousy have long since vanished;
never again will they have a part
in anything that happens under the sun (Ecclesiastes 9: 5,6)
BTW, I'm answering for neo. He's my sock puppet.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 04:11 pm
@neologist,
This graphic does not support your argument.

It's refuting English translations of the Bible as well as the original Biblical texts themselves.
neologist

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 05:59 pm
@InfraBlue,
It refutes what you like to think the original writers said. The Christian writers were born Jews. Do you wish me to believe they did not have the same understanding of the mortality of the soul as did their parents?
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 10:17 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

It refutes what you like to think the original writers said. The Christian writers were born Jews. Do you wish me to believe they did not have the same understanding of the mortality of the soul as did their parents?

The Christian writers were Hellenic Jews, they wrote the New Testament in Greek with all of the attendant acculturation passed down from generations, not just their parents.