Four ways Trump is trying to be king.

Real Music

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 06:42 pm
Trump's First Cabinet Meeting
Turns Into An 'Amazing' Butt-Kissing Session.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 06:54 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
A king would freely ignore court rulings, at least if we're talking about the sort of king that has unlimited dictatorial power.

If the Democrats take their cases to the courts and prevail, I think that Trump will abide by whatever the courts say.

President Donald Trump Losses Mount As Cracks Form In Dam Of Secrecy | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC

Rachel Maddow looks at how Donald Trump has steadily lost ground in his fight to keep his finances, campaign, and administration opaque to oversight and investigation.

Real Music

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 07:03 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
A king would freely ignore court rulings, at least if we're talking about the sort of king that has unlimited dictatorial power.

If the Democrats take their cases to the courts and prevail, I think that Trump will abide by whatever the courts say.

No one knows if Trump will comply with the rulings, If the courts rules against Trump in regard to Congressional oversight and subpoenas.

oralloy

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 07:04 pm
@Real Music,
I think he will.
oralloy

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 07:06 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Said the guy who has an orgasm every time he reads about a mass shooting.

Liar.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 07:07 pm
@oralloy,
I don't know.
Only time will tell.
oralloy

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 07:17 pm
@Real Music,
He's complied with court rulings so far hasn't he?

He does appeal them of course. But I'm not aware of cases where he just ignored the courts.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 07:36 pm
Trump Makes His Staff Go On TV and Declare Him Calm And Stable.

Trump made his aides declare that he is stable and calm at an event that was supposed to be about trade war relief for farmers.

Published May 23, 2019
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 10:08 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

If the President ignores court rulings, he might find himself impeached and removed from office.

It seems to me like appeals are a safer option.

So, henceforth, every local judge or circuit court will make executive decisions all the time and the president will be a figurehead? That doesn't sound like what the framers intended. Also, you have provided very weak evidence that the courts even have jurisdiction over the executive branch. To be true, that would have to appear in the Constitution (in writing). All you've found is that the executive brand is responsible for enforcing the law.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 25 May, 2019 02:22 am
@oralloy,
*executive branch*
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 25 May, 2019 03:29 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
So, henceforth, every local judge or circuit court will make executive decisions all the time and the president will be a figurehead?

Are you referring to federal judges? I can't see how state-level judges would be making many rulings over federal matters.

But at any rate, no.

a) Rulings that overstep legal jurisdiction should be appealed to higher courts. If the matter is urgent, emergency stays can be sought and granted.

b) Judges that routinely overstep their legal jurisdiction can be impeached and removed from office.

c) Congress can also choose to not impeach the President if they agree that he is right to disregard the legal system.

Resolving the problem with "a" is preferable. Resolving the problem with "c" should be a last resort.

Brandon9000 wrote:
That doesn't sound like what the framers intended.

It isn't. If any lower level judge tried to do such a thing, higher courts should be quick to overturn their ruling.

Brandon9000 wrote:
Also, you have provided very weak evidence that the courts even have jurisdiction over the executive branch. To be true, that would have to appear in the Constitution (in writing). All you've found is that the executive branch is responsible for enforcing the law.

I also quoted the part that says that judges are responsible for interpreting the law.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 25 May, 2019 10:14 am
@Real Music,

Quote:
Trump Makes His Staff Go On TV and Declare Him Calm And Stable.

Why not? We were asked to believe the assholes Obama had kissing his ass. The double standard you people have is amazing and makes you look more like jerks than Trump ever could be.
farmerman

Reply Sat 25 May, 2019 11:03 am
@coldjoint,
relax pinky, I dont believe that Trump is a complete moron. Hes eucable. His "oranges" are in communication arent they?
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 25 May, 2019 11:18 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
So, henceforth, every local judge or circuit court will make executive decisions all the time and the president will be a figurehead?

Are you referring to federal judges? I can't see how state-level judges would be making many rulings over federal matters.

But at any rate, no.

a) Rulings that overstep legal jurisdiction should be appealed to higher courts. If the matter is urgent, emergency stays can be sought and granted.

b) Judges that routinely overstep their legal jurisdiction can be impeached and removed from office.

c) Congress can also choose to not impeach the President if they agree that he is right to disregard the legal system.

Resolving the problem with "a" is preferable. Resolving the problem with "c" should be a last resort.

Brandon9000 wrote:
That doesn't sound like what the framers intended.

It isn't. If any lower level judge tried to do such a thing, higher courts should be quick to overturn their ruling.

Brandon9000 wrote:
Also, you have provided very weak evidence that the courts even have jurisdiction over the executive branch. To be true, that would have to appear in the Constitution (in writing). All you've found is that the executive branch is responsible for enforcing the law.

I also quoted the part that says that judges are responsible for interpreting the law.

Do you think it desirable that any time the president makes any ruling that liberals don't like, no matter how clear it is that it's within his powers, he has to go through a series of appeals lasting months? There has been no case so far that I've heard of that "expediting" the matter brought the time period for it to be overturned down to less than several months. And as for judges who rule frivolously against the president when there is no legal basis or they have no jurisdiction being impeached, so far that hasn't happened one single time.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 25 May, 2019 11:23 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
...Rachel Maddow looks at how Donald Trump has steadily lost ground in his fight to keep his finances, campaign, and administration opaque to oversight and investigation...

I thought he was being completely transparent with his campaign finances and administration and only being opaque with personal finances that the law does not require him to disclose. Please give one and only one example, in your own words, not some link, of him being improperly secretive about campaign finances or his administration.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 25 May, 2019 11:48 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I dont believe that Trump is a complete moron.

You shouldn't, he has outsmarted everyone you have supported, including the MSM. What does that make them, and you?
oralloy

Reply Sat 25 May, 2019 12:46 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
Do you think it desirable that any time the president makes any ruling that liberals don't like, no matter how clear it is that it's within his powers, he has to go through a series of appeals lasting months?

People have the right to bring cases to court.

I think society would be worse if we did not have the right to challenge the government in court.

Brandon9000 wrote:
There has been no case so far that I've heard of that "expediting" the matter brought the time period for it to be overturned down to less than several months.

So far there have been no emergencies where a disaster would occur if not for immediate action.

Brandon9000 wrote:
And as for judges who rule frivolously against the president when there is no legal basis or they have no jurisdiction being impeached, so far that hasn't happened one single time.

They have however been overturned by higher courts. It looks to me as if the system is working.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 12:07 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
And as for judges who rule frivolously against the president when there is no legal basis or they have no jurisdiction being impeached, so far that hasn't happened one single time.

They have however been overturned by higher courts. It looks to me as if the system is working.

When the president is over and over and over again prevented from exercising his constitutional powers by courts who should have no jurisdiction whatsoever in powers specifically granted to him by the Constitution, and invent law that doesn't exist, the system is not working even if the court decisions are months later overturned. The founders did not intend the president to be incessantly stopped from exercising his lawful powers by numerous courts who invent law as they go along.
oralloy

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 09:16 am
@Brandon9000,
How is the system not working? The bad rulings are being overturned.
farmerman

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 10:27 am
@coldjoint,
makes him a con man and a bigass liar. Even he expected not to win, thats why his regime is such a cluster **** of dysfunction.

Fascism is acreeping