17
   

Four ways Trump is trying to be king.

 
 
RABEL222
 
  4  
Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 01:58 pm
@coldjoint,
Still watching the commies on fox?
coldjoint
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 03:03 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Still watching the commies on fox?

Still irrelevant?
0 Replies
 
Real Music
 
  3  
Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 08:45 pm
Fox News & CBS Join News Outlets Supporting CNN In Lawsuit
To Restore Jim Acosta’s White House Credentials.



Published November 14, 2018

Quote:
(UPDATED with CBS statement) Fox News has come out in support of CNN in CNN’s lawsuit against the White House’s decision to pull the press credentials of Jim Acosta, joining a dozen other media outlets announcing intent to file friend-of-the-court briefs to support CNN and its White House correspondent.

“Fox News supports CNN in its legal effort to regain its White House reporter’s press credential,” Fox News President Jay Wallace said in a statement.

Not long afterwards, CBS also chimed in with support for the Jeff Zucker run cable newser. “CBS News supports the White House Correspondents Association and CNN’s legal effort to restore access for its White House correspondent,” said the crew at Black Rock. “We do not believe that revoking White House press credentials is an appropriate remedy for a disagreement the White House may have with a particular reporter. We intend to file a friend of the court brief in support of CNN’s lawsuit to defend its constitutional rights.”

On Tuesday, CNN sued the White House for pulling Jim Acosta’s press credentials the day after President Donald Trump’s thumping in the midterm elections.

The cable news network filed a lawsuit in DC District Court against Trump and top aides, including White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and Deputy Chief of Staff/ Former Fox News co-president Bill Shine, as well as the Secret Service which took away Acosta’s hard pass that afternoon.

CNN demanded the return of its chief White House correspondent’s press pass. Read it here.

Our news organizations support the fundamental constitutional right to question the President, or any President. We will be filing friend-of-the-court briefs to support CNN’s and Jim Acosta’s lawsuit based on these principles,” 13 media outlets said in a joint statement this morning, including Fox News as well as AP, NBC, Gannett, New York Times, USA Today, Politico, Bloomberg, Washington Post and others.

Our news organizations support the fundamental constitutional right to question the President, or any President. We will be filing friend-of-the-court briefs to support CNN’s and Jim Acosta’s lawsuit based on these principles,” the 13 news outlets said in their statement.

We intend to file an amicus brief with the U.S. District Court,” added Fox News’s Wallace in his separate statement. Notable, given that many Fox News Channel commentators have blasted Acosta’s aggressive Trump question-asking, including some who say Acosta’s credentials should be revoked.

Secret Service passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized,” Wallace said. “While we don’t condone the growing antagonistic tone by both the President and the press at recent media avails, we do support a free press, access and open exchanges for the American people.”

Wallace’s remarks are in marked contrast to those of GOP Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, who called CNN’s First Amendment lawsuit a “political stunt.”


McDaniels insisted, in a tweet, that Acosta continues to get White House access through daily passes, CNN reported, though that statement seems to have been removed from her tweeting.

Maybe after CNN pointed out it was inaccurate.

As CNN said in court documents filed Tuesday, the White House denied Acosta’s application for a day pass on November 8, the day after his hard pass was revoked following the post-midterms news conference.

And during Trump’s weekend trip to Paris, the White House and the Secret Service continued to deny Acosta access to press events. That included a ceremony for which Acosta had acquired separate credentials from the French government, according to CNN’s lawsuit.

In a signed declaration, CNN Washington Bureau Chief Sam Feist wrote that “reliance on daily passes” to access other unscheduled events on the White House grounds like “gaggles” and off-camera briefings was “impracticable at best, impossible at worst.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fox-news-supports-cnn-lawsuit-160956615.html
coldjoint
 
  -3  
Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 08:59 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
To Restore Jim Acosta’s White House Credentials.


Who cares? He is an idiot. Trump handles idiots rather well. Acosta will continue to embarrass himself and profession, no one can stop him.

Also why post news from November 2018?
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2019 06:44 pm
@izzythepush,
I had asked: "Please give an example of president Trump ever censoring someone's speech or writing. "

izzythepush wrote:
Why what difference would it make? Trump could **** on the American flag while giving Putin America's launch codes and you'd still slavishly worship him.

As long as children are still being butchered in schools, racist police are killing minorities and refugees a dying in internment camps you're happy.

Translation: You cannot name one person in the world whose speech was censored by president Trump.
izzythepush
 
  3  
Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 10:08 am
@Brandon9000,
Translation, I'm absolutely right, there's nothing Trump can do that will ever stop your doe eyed devotion. He could launch the planet into the Sun and you'll still be praising him.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 07:43 pm
izzythepush wrote:
Translation, I'm absolutely right, there's nothing Trump can do that will ever stop your doe eyed devotion. He could launch the planet into the Sun and you'll still be praising him.

If you are right that president Trump has censored someone's speech then give me an example of someone he has done that to. If you cannot name at least one person he has censored, then you have no basis to assert that he has.
glitterbag
 
  3  
Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 08:27 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

farmerman wrote:
Im just ammazed at how the Trump supporters "buy into" everything this guy says and either deny or just avoid his penchant for eaxaggrating and plain lying. Itt reminds me of some other people in history who bought into a master of "Big Lies"

Scary since now our "glorious
leader" has made a personal attack on only one group of the media .

Well, I've asked you twice now and you didn't answer. You claimed that president Trump is a fascist. When I asked for an example of his fascism, you claimed that he has interfered with freedom of the press. For the third time, back up that assertion. Name one human being in the world who was unable to speak, or write, or broadcast something because of the president.



Ivana Trump and Marla Maples (that's two people)
Real Music
 
  2  
Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 10:57 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote to: farmerman

Well, I've asked you twice now and you didn't answer. You claimed that president Trump is a fascist. When I asked for an example of his fascism, you claimed that he has interfered with freedom of the press. For the third time, back up that assertion.



Real Music writing to: Brandon9000

Here is an example of Trump interfering with the freedom of the press.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fox-news-supports-cnn-lawsuit-160956615.html
Real Music
 
  2  
Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 11:02 pm
@Brandon9000,
I already posted this example of Trump interfering with the freedom of the press on this thread.

Suggest you read my previous post on this thread.

The heading of my previous post reads:
Fox News & CBS Join News Outlets Supporting CNN In Lawsuit
To Restore Jim Acosta’s White House Credentials
.


The date of my previous post on this thread is June 24.

All you have to do is scroll seven post back to read my previous post.
izzythepush
 
  3  
Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 12:31 am
@Brandon9000,
You will only accept an answer if it's within your own narrow parameters, and you then think you can put words in other's mouths.

You're being dishonest and ostrich like. I've already given you the name of someone who will never talk because of Trump, but that wasn't good enough.

Trump is on record as trying to shut up Stormy Daniels. The fact that he failed doesn't exonerate him, or make him a good person. That's why attempted murder is an offence.
glitterbag
 
  3  
Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 01:23 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

farmerman wrote:
Im just ammazed at how the Trump supporters "buy into" everything this guy says and either deny or just avoid his penchant for eaxaggrating and plain lying. Itt reminds me of some other people in history who bought into a master of "Big Lies"


Scary since now our "glorious
leader" has made a personal attack on only one group of the media .

Well, I've asked you twice now and you didn't answer. You claimed that president Trump is a fascist. When I asked for an example of his fascism, you claimed that he has interfered with freedom of the press. For the third time, back up that assertion. Name one human being in the world who was unable to speak, or write, or broadcast something because of the president.



Ivana Trump and Marla Maples (that's two people)



Maybe you missed my comment.
RABEL222
 
  2  
Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 12:25 pm
@glitterbag,
Brandon only accepts answers that conform to his opinion like most conservative posters on this site.
Baldimo
 
  0  
Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 12:46 pm
@RABEL222,
Pot meet kettle.
RABEL222
 
  3  
Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 12:15 am
@Baldimo,
You are saying Brandon and I are alike. If he knows who you are he will probably want to punch you in the eye.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 05:08 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

farmerman wrote:
Im just ammazed at how the Trump supporters "buy into" everything this guy says and either deny or just avoid his penchant for eaxaggrating and plain lying. Itt reminds me of some other people in history who bought into a master of "Big Lies"

Scary since now our "glorious
leader" has made a personal attack on only one group of the media .

Well, I've asked you twice now and you didn't answer. You claimed that president Trump is a fascist. When I asked for an example of his fascism, you claimed that he has interfered with freedom of the press. For the third time, back up that assertion. Name one human being in the world who was unable to speak, or write, or broadcast something because of the president.



Ivana Trump and Marla Maples (that's two people)

You're just playing games because you know there is no example. It was claimed that president Trump was censoring speech. This is not an example. Had there been an actual example, you would have given it.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 05:12 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You will only accept an answer if it's within your own narrow parameters, and you then think you can put words in other's mouths.

You're being dishonest and ostrich like. I've already given you the name of someone who will never talk because of Trump, but that wasn't good enough.

Trump is on record as trying to shut up Stormy Daniels. The fact that he failed doesn't exonerate him, or make him a good person. That's why attempted murder is an offence.

The reason I wouldn't accept your answer is because I asked for an example of censorship of speech or the press and you gave me an example of someone who was murdered, in your mind because of Donald Trump. That isn't censorship. Also, paying an ex-lover not to mention an affair isn't censorship. Play all the word games you like. You failed to give me a single example of someone he censored and, therefore, you lose.
Brandon9000
 
  -3  
Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 05:18 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

I already posted this example of Trump interfering with the freedom of the press on this thread.

Suggest you read my previous post on this thread.

The heading of my previous post reads:
Fox News & CBS Join News Outlets Supporting CNN In Lawsuit
To Restore Jim Acosta’s White House Credentials
.


The date of my previous post on this thread is June 24.

All you have to do is scroll seven post back to read my previous post.

Nonsense. Freedom of speech doesn't mean that you have to speak to someone or volunteer information to him. It means that you can't stop him from speaking. Give me an example of any time when Acosta tried to write something or broadcast something and the president made any effort at all to stop him.
izzythepush
 
  4  
Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 07:14 am
@Brandon9000,
The reason you didn't accept my answer is because you have narrowed your parameters so as to exclude any answer.

Trump is a fascist who has tried to shut people up by creating a climate of fear. Those too scared to speak out are not suddenly start giving out their names and addresses. That's what being too scared means.
BillRM
 
  3  
Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 10:57 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The reason you didn't accept my answer is because you have narrowed your parameters so as to exclude any answer.

Trump is a fascist who has tried to shut people up by creating a climate of fear. Those too scared to speak out are not suddenly start giving out their names and addresses. That's what being too scared means.


What is real real interesting to me is that now our President is suggesting that anyone who does not agree with him and or look like him should return to their native countries even when that country happen to be the US with one of the women he been attacking having been born within a few miles of Trump birth place.

It would seems that it might be wise for even a national born citizens to carry their passports with them until Trump is only a bad bad memory.

That movie Born in East LA about a citizen who ended up in Mexico after a ICE round up is not all that funny any longer.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/22/2019 at 03:06:41