17
   

Four ways Trump is trying to be king.

 
 
Real Music
 
  4  
Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 07:20 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Nonsense. Freedom of speech doesn't mean that you have to speak to someone or volunteer information to him. It means that you can't stop him from speaking. Give me an example of any time when Acosta tried to write something or broadcast something and the president made any effort at all to stop him.

My post was very specific. My words were very specific.

I suggest that you re-read my most recent posts.

My post was regarding Trump attacking the Freedom of the Press.

Although both the freedom of the press and the freedom of speech are both a part of the first amendment, they both are different and separate constitutional rights.

I have clearly provided specific evidence that Trump has indeed attacked the freedom of the press.

Are you going to continue asking for evidence of Trump attacking the freedom of the press?

I am going to repost my previous post just as a reminder.


Once again, the title of that previous post:

Fox News & CBS Join News Outlets Supporting CNN In Lawsuit
To Restore Jim Acosta’s White House Credentials
.
0 Replies
 
Real Music
 
  3  
Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 07:28 pm
@Brandon9000,
Fox News & CBS Join News Outlets Supporting CNN In Lawsuit
To Restore Jim Acosta’s White House Credentials.



Published November 14, 2018

Quote:
(UPDATED with CBS statement) Fox News has come out in support of CNN in CNN’s lawsuit against the White House’s decision to pull the press credentials of Jim Acosta, joining a dozen other media outlets announcing intent to file friend-of-the-court briefs to support CNN and its White House correspondent.

“Fox News supports CNN in its legal effort to regain its White House reporter’s press credential,” Fox News President Jay Wallace said in a statement.

Not long afterwards, CBS also chimed in with support for the Jeff Zucker run cable newser. “CBS News supports the White House Correspondents Association and CNN’s legal effort to restore access for its White House correspondent,” said the crew at Black Rock. “We do not believe that revoking White House press credentials is an appropriate remedy for a disagreement the White House may have with a particular reporter. We intend to file a friend of the court brief in support of CNN’s lawsuit to defend its constitutional rights.”

On Tuesday, CNN sued the White House for pulling Jim Acosta’s press credentials the day after President Donald Trump’s thumping in the midterm elections.

The cable news network filed a lawsuit in DC District Court against Trump and top aides, including White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and Deputy Chief of Staff/ Former Fox News co-president Bill Shine, as well as the Secret Service which took away Acosta’s hard pass that afternoon.

CNN demanded the return of its chief White House correspondent’s press pass. Read it here.

Our news organizations support the fundamental constitutional right to question the President, or any President. We will be filing friend-of-the-court briefs to support CNN’s and Jim Acosta’s lawsuit based on these principles,” 13 media outlets said in a joint statement this morning, including Fox News as well as AP, NBC, Gannett, New York Times, USA Today, Politico, Bloomberg, Washington Post and others.

Our news organizations support the fundamental constitutional right to question the President, or any President. We will be filing friend-of-the-court briefs to support CNN’s and Jim Acosta’s lawsuit based on these principles,” the 13 news outlets said in their statement.

We intend to file an amicus brief with the U.S. District Court,” added Fox News’s Wallace in his separate statement. Notable, given that many Fox News Channel commentators have blasted Acosta’s aggressive Trump question-asking, including some who say Acosta’s credentials should be revoked.

Secret Service passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized,” Wallace said. “While we don’t condone the growing antagonistic tone by both the President and the press at recent media avails, we do support a free press, access and open exchanges for the American people.”

Wallace’s remarks are in marked contrast to those of GOP Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, who called CNN’s First Amendment lawsuit a “political stunt.”


McDaniels insisted, in a tweet, that Acosta continues to get White House access through daily passes, CNN reported, though that statement seems to have been removed from her tweeting.

Maybe after CNN pointed out it was inaccurate.

As CNN said in court documents filed Tuesday, the White House denied Acosta’s application for a day pass on November 8, the day after his hard pass was revoked following the post-midterms news conference.

And during Trump’s weekend trip to Paris, the White House and the Secret Service continued to deny Acosta access to press events. That included a ceremony for which Acosta had acquired separate credentials from the French government, according to CNN’s lawsuit.

In a signed declaration, CNN Washington Bureau Chief Sam Feist wrote that “reliance on daily passes” to access other unscheduled events on the White House grounds like “gaggles” and off-camera briefings was “impracticable at best, impossible at worst.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fox-news-supports-cnn-lawsuit-160956615.html
hawkeye10
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 07:34 pm
@Real Music,
The judiciary is already plummeting in reputation, this sort of thing will not help. These assholes need to get back onto their lane, out of control and corrupted by politics courts have been one of the great killers of the American Dream.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/is-the-supreme-court-facing-a-legitimacy-crisis/
0 Replies
 
Real Music
 
  3  
Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 07:49 pm
@Real Music,
Brandon9000 wrote to: farmerman

Well, I've asked you twice now and you didn't answer. You claimed that president Trump is a fascist. When I asked for an example of his fascism, you claimed that he has interfered with freedom of the (press). For the third time, back up that assertion.



Real Music writing to: Brandon9000

Here is an example of Trump interfering with the freedom of the (press).
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fox-news-supports-cnn-lawsuit-160956615.html
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 03:14 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
The reason you didn't accept my answer is because you have narrowed your parameters so as to exclude any answer...

This is false. If you give an example of someone whose speech the president has tried to censor, I certainly will accept it, but you gave an example of someone who was hit by a car. Being hit by a car is not censorship. This game you're playing is equivalent to an admission that you can't give an example.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 03:15 am
@Brandon9000,
I gave you one, Stormy Daniels.
Brandon9000
 
  3  
Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 03:17 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I gave you one, Stormy Daniels.

Paying a lover not to reveal an affair is not censorship.
Brandon9000
 
  0  
Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 03:19 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
Fox News & CBS Join News Outlets Supporting CNN In Lawsuit
To Restore Jim Acosta’s White House Credentials.
...

Freedom of speech doesn't mean that people have to speak to you, it means that you have the right to speak. Give me one example of any time that the president tried to stop Acosta from speaking.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 03:22 am
@Brandon9000,
Like I said your parameters are so narrow as to be meaningless.

Not allowing someone to speak is censorship end of.
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 03:24 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Like I said your parameters are so narrow as to be meaningless.

Not allowing someone to speak is censorship end of.

Like most liberals, you don't really care if your argument is correct. You think that if you lay down some verbal harassment, you win something, You don't win something unless your argument is correct.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 06:04 am
@Brandon9000,
Like most fascists you don't know the difference between a Liberal and a Socialist.

I have never voted for the Liberals and never will.
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 06:11 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Like most fascists you don't know the difference between a Liberal and a Socialist.

I have never voted for the Liberals and never will.


What you did at A2K I know well, because I watched you do it.

Dont blow smoke up my skirt!
izzythepush
 
  3  
Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 06:17 am
@hawkeye10,
What I did at A2K shot right over your head, like most things people did on A2k and life in general.

Don't pretend to understand what's going on. You never have, and you never will.
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  0  
Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 08:31 am
@izzythepush,
So you are finally admitting to be a socialist? What took you so long.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 09:15 am
@Baldimo,
You really have no idea about anything. I'm proud to be a Socialist, and I've said as much from the moment I first got here.

That's why I have UHC and you have to pay through the nose for healthcare.
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 09:28 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You really have no idea about anything. I'm proud to be a Socialist, and I've said as much from the moment I first got here.

Pfft, your affiliations have never been big on my radar.

Quote:
That's why I have UHC and you have to pay through the nose for healthcare.

I'd be paying through the nose for healthcare anyways, the taxes would be more than what I pay for insurance. Colorado tried to do this a couple of years ago and all calculations pointed to me paying $1000 more a year then I spend on my insurance for my family. So no thanks, I already pay enough in taxes to local, state and federal groups. In fact this year was the first year in 3 that I actually got a tax return from the feds and state. Trumps tax cuts saved me money, why would I want to pay more?
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 09:32 am
@Baldimo,
You really do love to swallow bullshit. America pays more per person in Medicare than we do yet you still don't have UHC.

It's because of people like you who'd much rather lick the **** out of the rich man's arse than take what is yours by right.

What made you so spineless?
Baldimo
 
  0  
Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 09:48 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You really do love to swallow bullshit. America pays more per person in Medicare than we do yet you still don't have UHC.

Thankfully. I don't want any part of UHC, there is a reason the US leads the world in medical advancements and innovations. Where do you think all that medical tech you use and prosper from comes from? What was the last medical advancement made in the UK? How much money does your country spend in medical research?

Quote:
It's because of people like you who'd much rather lick the **** out of the rich man's arse than take what is yours by right.

This comment is pointless.

Quote:
What made you so spineless?

Spineless? You are a joke and have no real answers, just insults. Have a good day.

You are the UK's version of Trump.
izzythepush
 
  3  
Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 10:29 am
@Baldimo,
What was the last great medical advance made in the US?

We make breakthroughs all the time, like penicillin.

Quote:
5 Recent Breakthroughs in British Medical Research


https://www.pushdoctor.co.uk/what-we-treat/mental-health/articles/breakthroughs-in-british-medical-research

The problem with discussing anything with you is that you just don't understand what's going on. Your Fox News tells you what to think and dutifully you obey.

Having the private sector dictate medical research means you get a health service that caters for just the very rich.

Take antibiotics, there is a crisis in resistant bacteria right now but there's no financial imperative because any new antibiotic would have to be kept in reserve only to be used in an emergency.

RABEL222
 
  4  
Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2019 10:38 am
@izzythepush,
My brother acquired a antibiotic resistant germ and spent a week in the hospital with a drain bag taking drugs 24 7. He beat it but many don't. Antibiotics in kids, chickens, pigs ,and cows. No wonder there are drug resistant germs running around.
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/21/2019 at 08:27:40