Dennis Miller Canceled Rplaced with Biz Show Rerun

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:47 pm
So now it's a menage a trois! How did this thread get so popular all of the suuden?
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:50 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Chrissee wrote:
That is simply not true. Please list at least a few specific parishes in the UNITED STATES in DIFFERENT REGIONS who have adopted that policy.

This is not an 'adopted policy'. This is the Catholic Church position.

Are you a Catholic?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:53 pm
What does that matter if she's Catholic? Can she read is the question----or more to the point CAN YOU?

Saying what you want to be true DOESN'T MAKE IT TRUE.

Anyone may speak to any subject.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:56 pm
Here's one for ya, Chrissie.

"You don't need to be a chicken to recognize an egg."
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:58 pm
I note catholiclesbians.org's list of Lesbian & Gay Freindly Parishes comes to around 75, with 29 states represented. There are over 19,000 Catholic parishes in the 50 United States.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:01 pm
kelticwizard wrote:

Sorry, but you said or strongly implied all of those things. Very Happy

Again, I said nothing consistent with your allegations. You are welcome to infer what you wish. That changes nothing.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:05 pm
timberlandko wrote:
I note catholiclesbians.org's list of Lesbian & Gay Freindly Parishes comes to around 75, with 29 states represented. There are over 19,000 Catholic parishes in the 50 United States.

Gay Freindly? Or Gay feindly? Maybe there is a point somewhere?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:06 pm
Well. Why did Rita Cosby leave? Money?
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:08 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Here's one for ya, Chrissie.

"You don't need to be a chicken to recognize an egg."

Man how did this thread get so popular so fast?
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:09 pm
timberlandko wrote:
kelticwizard wrote:

Again, I said nothing consistent with your allegations. You are welcome to infer what you wish. That changes nothing.

MPD to the max.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:13 pm
timberlandko wrote:

Yes, what doesn't change is that you said or clearly implied all of the things I mentioned.

I'll just repeat the post so people can judge for themselves.
timberlandko wrote:
First, I never said " ... Miller left voluntarily because the network was having difficulties ... "

This is what you said in your first post:
timberlandko wrote:
Miller simply took the option of getting off the sinking ship before the water got to his shoes. CNBC has enjoyed what amounts to an all-but unparallelled ratings slide....Nielsen consistently has CNBC at the very bottom of the cable news outlets - as in DEAD LAST....Miller is not stupid; he realizes the best thing to do in a disaster is be elsewhere.

timberlandko wrote:
Next, I never said " ... the real story is that Fox News was doing so well against CNBC ... "

Please note the quote from Timber's first post:
timberlandko wrote:
Miller is not stupid; he realizes the best thing to do in a disaster is be elsewhere. Of interest is that he now is free to move to FOX's upcomming financial news channel without the baggage of an existing contract with a competitor. Look for it to happen.

timberlandko wrote:
and finally I never said " ... Rita Crosby's leaving Fox over a contract dispute is more important than Miller's cancellation anyway".

Please note the following from one of Timber's posts earlier:
timberlandko wrote:
This pretty much upstages Dennis Miller -

http://www.gogomag.com/rc/x_ritacosby.jpg

Sorry, Timber, but the evidence is right there.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:13 pm
timberlandko wrote:
kelticwizard wrote:

timber, he's quoting you. the rest of us can read what you posted. we don't need to infer anything - you were very clear in your initial posts about how you felt things should be read.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:18 pm
Thanks, ehBeth.

You know, I really don't want to be seen as "going after" Timber, we've always gotten along. But boy, has he ever decided to play Dodgeball on this thread, lol. Very Happy
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:30 pm
See it how you like - I don't mind folks "going after" me a bit - thats a big part of the fun, the way I play the game here. I said Miller abandoned ratings-challenged CNBC. I said Miller quit when he was informed of the programming decision, as opposed to filling out his series run. I said that Miller, no longer under contractual obligation to CNBC, was free to move to FOX if the opportunity arose, and I said that Rita Cosby's ankling out of FOX upstaged Miller's fit of pique. I see that all as factual, and I see none of that consistent with what some here want to think I said.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:39 pm
ehBeth wrote:
timberlandko wrote:
kelticwizard wrote:

timber, he's quoting you. the rest of us can read what you posted. we don't need to infer anything - you were very clear in your initial posts about how you felt things should be read.

Uh, yeah, what is your point?
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:40 pm
timberlandko wrote:
See it how you like - I don't mind folks "going after" me a bit -

Why bother when you can just go after yourself?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:42 pm
Please have some respect. We are all downcast at the news of Rita Cosby.

And, no. She's not a lesbian.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:51 pm
Lash wrote:
Please have some respect. We are all downcast at the news of Rita Cosby.

And, no. She's not a lesbian.

How would YOU possibly know?

She is not particularly bright either. She was the moron who breathlessly decalred that Al gore won the verdict in Gore v. Bush. Yeah, after further review, she is probably far too stupid to realize she is gay.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 07:44 am
Chrissee, to ehBeth, wrote:

Uh, yeah, what is your point?

Pretty much reinforcing what your point was, Chrissee.

Ol' Timber here is trying to make the axing of Miller's show into some sort of conscious career move on Miller's part.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 01:31 pm
Not tryin' to make that assertion at all, kw. Merely pointing out that Miller, upon learning his show would not be picked up for the fall season, chose to leave immediately as opposed to filling out his series run.
0 Replies