Dennis Miller Canceled Rplaced with Biz Show Rerun

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:08 pm
Lash wrote:
Funny how Chris keeps saying the gays are accepted by the Catholic Church, even though they're not.

Lash, is that you or the tman's femme side?
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:10 pm
Lash wrote:
Funny how Chris keeps saying the gays are accepted by the Catholic Church, even though they're not.

Lash... er uh T-man or whatever,

All are welcome in the Catholic Church. WTF are you even thinking?
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:11 pm
edit
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:18 pm
In his last book, Pope John Paul II described homosexuals as "embracing an ideology of evil".

That's some welcome.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:20 pm
JustWonders wrote:
In his last book, Pope John Paul II described homosexuals as "embracing an ideology of evil".

That's some welcome.

Link to the entire quote, please. Are you his OTHER femme side?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:21 pm
Chrissee wrote:
Lash wrote:

You need to clarify what you mean by this post. I'm sure you're bold enough to speak clearly.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:22 pm
Chrissee wrote:
All are welcome in the Catholic Church.

That is most definitely not true. Local parishes are telling people who have divorced and re-married that they are not welcome. Homosexuals who are sexually active have been told that they are not welcome.

The Catholic Church is not welcoming to all.

Some individual churches and parishes and dioceses are making different decisions. It will be interesting to see how the Vatican responds. They do seem to be tightening things up. <which is why the colleagues I've mentioned elsewhere have recently decided to no longer go to church, and will no longer be financially supporting the local diocese>
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:23 pm
Lash wrote:
Chrissee wrote:
Lash wrote:

You need to clarify what you mean by this post. I'm sure you're bold enough to speak clearly.

You understand quite clearly as a codespeaker would.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:26 pm
http://www.answers.com/topic/john-paul-ii

A controversial point of the John Paul II papacy was his October 1, 1986 letter to all bishops that describecd homosexuality as a "tendency ordered toward an intrinsic moral evil" and "an objective disorder". His book Memory and Identity claimed that the push for homosexual marriage may be part of a "new ideology of evil ... which attempts to pit human rights against the family and against man."
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:26 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Chrissee wrote:

That is most definitely not true. Local parishes are telling people who have divorced and re-married that they are not welcome.

Really? Which ones?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:29 pm
I speak quite clearly.

Are you too cowardly to say what you mean? Who are you personally insulting? What personal accusation are you making?

It's very instructive sometimes to identify the types who use sexual orientation as an insult.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:30 pm
JustWonders wrote:
http://www.answers.com/topic/john-paul-ii

A controversial point of the John Paul II papacy was his October 1, 1986 letter to all bishops that describecd homosexuality as a "tendency ordered toward an intrinsic moral evil" and "an objective disorder". His book Memory and Identity claimed that the push for homosexual marriage may be part of a "new ideology of evil ... which attempts to pit human rights against the family and against man."

Thanks T...I notice the ellipsis...you are not fooling anyone...Or at least not me...next...time...you..want..to...change...the...meaning...of.. a... quote...just add more ellipses...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:33 pm
Chrissee wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
Chrissee wrote:

That is most definitely not true. Local parishes are telling people who have divorced and re-married that they are not welcome.

Really? Which ones?

Most.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:34 pm
timberlandko wrote:
First, I never said " ... Miller left voluntarily because the network was having difficulties ... "

This is what you said in your first post:
timberlandko wrote:
Miller simply took the option of getting off the sinking ship before the water got to his shoes. CNBC has enjoyed what amounts to an all-but unparallelled ratings slide....Nielsen consistently has CNBC at the very bottom of the cable news outlets - as in DEAD LAST....Miller is not stupid; he realizes the best thing to do in a disaster is be elsewhere.

timberlandko wrote:
Next, I never said " ... the real story is that Fox News was doing so well against CNBC ... "

Please note the quote from Timber's first post:
timberlandko wrote:
Miller is not stupid; he realizes the best thing to do in a disaster is be elsewhere. Of interest is that he now is free to move to FOX's upcomming financial news channel without the baggage of an existing contract with a competitor. Look for it to happen.

timberlandko wrote:
and finally I never said " ... Rita Crosby's leaving Fox over a contract dispute is more important than Miller's cancellation anyway".

Please note the following from one of Timber's posts earlier:
timberlandko wrote:
This pretty much upstages Dennis Miller -

http://www.gogomag.com/rc/x_ritacosby.jpg

Sorry, but you said or strongly implied all of those things. Very Happy
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:34 pm
Lash wrote:
I speak quite clearly.

Are you too cowardly to say what you mean? Who are you personally insulting? What personal accusation are you making?

It's very instructive sometimes to identify the types who use sexual orientation as an insult.

Like you really need to be instructed in sexual orienation as an insult?

Is this a tag team match?
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:36 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Chrissee wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
Chrissee wrote:

Really? Which ones?

Most.

That is simply not true. Please list at least a few specific parishes in the UNITED STATES in DIFFERENT REGIONS who have adopted that policy.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:37 pm
Yup, entertainment is where you find it, and there's plenty to be found here.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:39 pm
Chrissee wrote:
Lash wrote:
I speak quite clearly.

Like you really need to be instructed in sexual orienation as an insult?

Is this a tag team match?

Prove it!

You're the only one here who uses sexual orientation as an insult. I will not tolerate bigotry!
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:43 pm
The Pope's exact quote from his 2005 book, Identity and Memory is:

"It is legitimate and necessary to ask oneself if this is not perhaps part of a new ideology of evil, perhaps more insidious and hidden, which attempts to pit human rights against the family and against man."

Then Cardinal Ratzinger is on record saying that "special concern and pastoral attention should be directed to those who have this condition (referring to homosexuals), lest they be led to believe that the living out of this orientation in homosexual activity is a morally acceptable option. It is not."

Take it any way you choose, Chrissee. I'm not Catholic (Lutheran - we get almost all the ceremony and none of the guilt LOL), yet I tend to believe that both the former Pope and the current Pope meant what they said. If that sounds welcoming to you, so be it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:45 pm
Chrissee wrote:
That is simply not true. Please list at least a few specific parishes in the UNITED STATES in DIFFERENT REGIONS who have adopted that policy.

This is not an 'adopted policy'. This is the Catholic Church position.
0 Replies