What chances does Trump have to win the 2020 election?

coldjoint

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 07:10 pm
I went through Toledo a lot when I was a child. What I remember is that the white toilets had black seats. I thought it was cool.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 07:14 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Do you want it back?

Of course. Wouldn't you want your property back if someone stole it from you?
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 07:34 pm
@oralloy,
I'm not sure how to answer that without pissing you off...
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 08:11 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
You're asking me to curb my anger about sweeping these issues under the rug

If you want the Democrats to beat Trump... then yes, I am asking you to curb your anger. You are going to have to make your own decision on this. Angry White women in pink hats is the best way to reelect Trump.

Trump is telling the middle American voters in the middle... the very voters who will decide the election... that the Democrats are an angry mob. Why are you so willing to cooperate with him?

If your entitled outrage is more important than beating Trump... then by all means, put on your pink hat and shout away. Like it or not, this election will be decided by the working class White voters, half of them male, that you are outraged by.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 08:25 pm
I am a White male. I voted for Obama and am happy I did. I voted for Hillary even though I hated doing so. I agree with the Democrats on issues health care and gun control. I think #MeToo has been taken way too far and I don't like having feminism forced on me.

There are millions of voters who are like me, we support the Democrats on many issues (and polls say we do) but we don't like the anger, or the extremism. More important we feel the Democrats don't listen to us or take our concerns seriously.

Here is the question:

Should the Democrats reach out to earn my vote? Obama reached out for every vote even from people who disagreed with him. Hillary told voters they were deplorable.

oralloy

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 08:34 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I agree with the Democrats on . . . . gun control.

Why do you think it's fun to violate people's civil liberties?
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 08:36 pm
@maxdancona,
What is the extreme, Max?

Having voter suppression the norm? A typo makes sure you're no longer a qualified voter? When women's right's are so downtrodden that making babies and dinner is all there is? Where it's ok to shoot any body and everybody? Where education is only afforded to the rich when they bribe their way in? Where pollution is out of control and safety procedures no longer exist? Where the middle class is the only ones paying taxes for everyone? Where a president supersedes Congress to get what they want?

Where is YOUR anger on these issues?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 08:48 pm
@neptuneblue,
It is up to us, the American voters, to decide what is extreme. You are pushing a political agenda that turns off many American voters.

If you are interested in some righteous moral crusade, keep on doing what you are doing. If you are interested in actually defeating Donald Trump in 2020, you are going to have to suppress these urges. The Democratic base is going to have to choose. Moral rectitude and outrage, or winning over middle American voters.

I don't want anger. I want sound policy and responsible governance.

Righteous outrage doesn't win elections.
oralloy

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 08:49 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Having voter suppression the norm?

The Republicans are only trying to prevent the Democrats from cheating.

neptuneblue wrote:
When women's right's are so downtrodden that making babies and dinner is all there is?

The Republicans are not trying to do that. They just think that men should be treated fairly too.

neptuneblue wrote:
Where it's ok to shoot any body and everybody?

The Republicans are not trying to legalize violence.

BLM and all of their supporters, on the other hand, want to make it legal for black people to murder police officers.

neptuneblue wrote:
Where education is only afforded to the rich when they bribe their way in? Where pollution is out of control and safety procedures no longer exist? Where the middle class is the only ones paying taxes for everyone?

Those are areas where I tend to agree with the left. Although the left is wrong to oppose all nuclear power.

neptuneblue wrote:
Where a president supersedes Congress to get what they want?

I fully expect that Trump will comply with all court rulings in his conflict with Congress.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 08:56 pm
@maxdancona,
Of course I'm pushing a political agenda. Am I supposed to be frightened of that? Cower in the corner and say "Oh nooos, somebody doesn't agree with me, maybe I should just shut up and make a sammich and spread my legs?

**** that. At least I know what I want and how to get there and MILLIONS agree. Is that you? It seems not. But maybe, just maybe if you were more concerned about issues than looking good as a white male, we'd make a better America.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 09:02 pm
@oralloy,
The only ones cheating IS the republicans with voter suppression and gerrymandering.

When women aren't raped and killed by domestic partners, get back to me.

BLM has valid concerns. Dismissing them isn't going to make it go away.

I never mentioned nuclear power, you pulled that out of your back side.

A checks and balances system shouldn't need a Court order to comply. But you're right, Trump will be FORCED to comply to his own demise.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 09:06 pm
@neptuneblue,
What are you willing to do to ensure that Trump will not be reelected. If the choice is between "pushing your political agenda" or defeating Trump... what do you choose?

You are exaggerating of course (although I did enjoy the chuckle). I am not asking you to cower in the corner or to make sandwiches with your legs spread (although I did enjoy the image).

What I am asking is that you..

1) Understand that the Democratic party needs to reach out to White middle class voters (half of them male).

2) Understand that if Democrats insult or disrespect these voters, they will not vote for the Democrats.

3) Understand that if this election is about policy, the Democrats have an advantage. If this election is about mudslinging, Trump has the advantage.

3) Stifle (yes I said stifle) your ideas that the average White middle class voter will find upsetting... especially when they don't matter to policy. Your ideas about how evil men want to take away your rights are not a good idea for a political campaign.

Anyone you think is ignorant, sexist or evil isn't likely to support your candidate. The Democrats are going to have to earn votes of people who don't think like you think, and they are going to have to respect people who disagree with them on some issues.

What are you willing to do to ensure that Trump loses in 2020? As it stands now, you are helping him by writing his campaign ads.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 09:10 pm
I am not here to argue about issue.

The point is that the Democrats are going to have to put away the righteous outrage and reach out to voters with different ideas with respect.

The goal is to win votes, not to insult voters.
oralloy

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 09:19 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
The only ones cheating IS the republicans with voter suppression and gerrymandering.

The alleged suppression are just measures to prevent cheating. Prevention of cheating is not cheating.

Gerrymandering is not cheating. And the Democrats do it just as much as the Republicans do.

neptuneblue wrote:
When women aren't raped and killed by domestic partners, get back to me.

Republicans are not trying to help anyone get raped or murdered.

neptuneblue wrote:
BLM has valid concerns. Dismissing them isn't going to make it go away.

BLM and their supporters are demanding the right to murder police officers. There is nothing valid about that.

BLM don't have to go away. Dismissing them just means not paying any attention to them.

neptuneblue wrote:
I never mentioned nuclear power, you pulled that out of your back side.

I never said that you mentioned nuclear power. That was a caveat to my comment that I agree with the left on environmental issues.

neptuneblue wrote:
A checks and balances system shouldn't need a Court order to comply.

That's what the courts are there for.

neptuneblue wrote:
But you're right, Trump will be FORCED to comply to his own demise.

I'm sure that he will comply with all court orders. There will be no demise however.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 09:19 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm going to do what I always do.

Choose the right person for the right job at the right time.

That isn't Trump for me. If it is for you, well, your vote is just as valid.

Your perception that insulting voters doesn't win, you weren't around in 2016 when Trump actually won the presidency.

It's laughable when you use the word "respect" as you attack women. Women ARE voters, Max, with just as much right and voice as you.

Maybe take a moment and reflect what I am saying. You just might surprise yourself when you realize I'm right.
oralloy

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 09:23 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
It's laughable when you use the word "respect" as you attack women.

I don't believe that Max is attacking women. He merely says that men should be treated fairly.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 09:31 pm
@oralloy,
Give me a ******* break. When multiple state Courts issue re-redistricting because of gerrymandering, it means they were CAUGHT cheating and are ordered to rectify the situation.

Republicans may not be trying to get women raped and murdered, but they certainly aren't punishing the ones who do. Getting no punishment is allowing it to continue.

Since you are not of a minority persuasion, your perception of being alive while black just isn't a convincing measure.

Meh, nuclear power. I concede, that's your domain, not mine.

Again, the checks and balance system was not put in place for a litigious president. Just fork over requested information and be done with it.

Great opinion piece of the president. I'm sure we'll find out when he's compelled to produce such evidence that he convicts himself.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 09:32 pm
@neptuneblue,
1. Trump won because his opponent was Hillary Clinton. Most people didn't like Trump. Trump won because most people disliked Hillary (including many of us who held our noses and voted for her anyway).

2. Trump played the game perfectly. He didn't insult voters. He insulted the "elites", "the press". To the voters (any group he was with) he said "I support you", "I hear you", "They have forgotten about you, but I care". Of course, Trump is a deceptive cynical ass. But it worked.

If the Democrats try to beat Trump at his own game, they will lose. Trump plays the game better than anyone.

3. Hillary Clinton insulted voters. The voters felt it and responded.

4. Disagreeing with Democrats is not "attacking women". If a Democratic candidate, or the Democratic party in general, tries to pull this bullshit trick (again) they will lose my vote. It is about respect for voters; accusing voters of sexism is not a winning strategy.

42% of women voted for Trump. The Democrats should probably figure out how to reach out to these voters and earn their votes. Insulting these women isn't going to help... you need to figure out why they rejected the Democrats in 2016 and work to see if you can address their concerns.

This is about reaching out to voters. If voters don't vote for Democrats the Democrats will lose the election.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 09:42 pm
@maxdancona,
BOLDING doesn't make you right, Max.

You have GOT to get over Hilary Clinton. At that juncture, Trump WAS the forerunner, hands down. Get over it. Even the Pope would have lost.

I really don't care who you vote for, as long as you VOTE. There, I bolded it, so you get the point of the Democratic process.

58% of women voted AGAINST Trump. The Republicans need to figure out how to increase that, if they can.

Trump may or may not win the next time. Provided there IS a next time.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 13 May, 2019 10:56 pm
@neptuneblue,
1. I think I can say with certainty that what I wrote in bold in my last post is 100% correct. Why would you doubt that.

2. I don't think you meant "forerunner".

3. I am not sure that the Pope would have lost to Trump (ignoring the fact that he is Constitutionally excluded). Hillary was a fantastically bad candidate. Any reasonable candidate would have beaten Trump pretty easily.

4. Trump won with 42% of women. The Republicans don't need to figure out how to increase that...42% was enough (not that they won't try anyway, Republicans are apparently smarter then Democrats when it comes to understanding they need to expand their voter base).

5. Of course there will be a next time. You are being silly.
0 Replies