The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 03:11 am
Isnt 'god put someone similar looking to jesus' a bit of a naff loophole, i mean its not very credible or 'biblical' is it?
explain more!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 02:53 am
LoveMyFamily wrote:

Yes my religion also preaches me to love my family and all the other human beings on this earth. My religion does not tell me, that the ones who do not follow my religion are apostates and need to be punished. My religion teaches me to respect other religions and human beings as well. My religion teaches me to forgive the offenders and not to seek revenge and punishment. My religion does not ask me to blow of wtc and kill innocents in Kashmir as punishment.

An apostate is someone who betrays his religion and thus his Lord, not someone who refuses to accept a religion. It is someone who turns his back on his Creator, thus he needs to be punished. Similarly to a traitor or a spy, by your reasoning we should let everyone just betray his country without punishment. That would lead to complete chaos and corruption.

God even commands Muslims not to harbor any enmity towards any people. In many verses, friendship is recommended, even with idolaters. God even refers to the idolaters at war with Muslims in this way: "If any of the idolaters ask you for protection, give them protection until they have heard the words of God. Then convey them to a place where they are safe." (Surat at-Tawba: 6)

Furthermore, don't worry about terrorists for they will recieve a painful punishment for killing the innocent and causing corruption. God informs us how this cruel face of terrorism will be punished in the hereafter in the following verse:

There are only grounds against those who wrong people and act as tyrants in the earth without any right to do so. Such people will have a painful punishment. (Surat ash-Shura: 42)

Stop attacking Islam based on the actions of a few of it's "followers" for it would be like me attacking Christianity on the actions of your president Bush who has happened to kill more people in these past three years than all terrorist opperations combined. Making such a connection is just plain ignorant and uncalled for.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 05:47 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
and that when the Koran talks of creation in 6 (or is it 7?) days it is meant to be interpreted allegorically.

i dunno if it was meant to be interpreted allegorically but the judaic 6 day creation stoty, as also the christian and muslim versions of it, have clearly been lifted from the Sumerian creation fable called "Enuma Elish.

you could google for Enuma Elish to learn more and even download the entire text of it.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 05:51 am
Raul-7 wrote:
Steve: If I'm not mistake every worshipper God (the three monotheistic religions) will become Muslim before the day of Judgement Day. The rest of the non-believers will have to face a painful torture.

there are four monotheistic religions.

zorastrianism is the first, or if you prefer, the zeroeth amongst them.

interestingly enough, they, the zorastrians themselves never felt or said that "non-believers" will suffer "painful torture". thats maybe because they are a civilization (ie. persian civilization) and not of tribal culture.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 07:01 am
Raul-7 wrote:
Furthermore, don't worry about terrorists for they will recieve a painful punishment for killing the innocent and causing corruption.
Dont explain this to me. Tell the jihadists and suicide bombers. They think paradise and houris await them. Tell them they have it wrong, that they are going to hell...that will stop them killing us. Its your duty to explain to them Raul-7 that they have got it all wrong. Or have you?
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:55 pm
They think it's jihad, but jihad is only defending against invaders. The guierlla fighters in Iraq are jihadees, but not terrorists who blow themselves up in Egyptian resorts, etc. In short, if you're killing innocent civilians that's not jihad, but if you're defending your country than that is. However, there is a crucial point - a Muslim must never kill another Muslim intentionally no matter what.

As for the terrorists, they have everything before them - it is just how they interpert concepts in the Quran differently and they believe they're right. Such as the following verse:

And what of him the evil of whose actions appears fine to him so that he sees them as good? God misguides whoever He wills and guides whoever He wills. (Surah Fatir: 8)
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 10:15 pm
brahmin wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:
Steve: If I'm not mistake every worshipper God (the three monotheistic religions) will become Muslim before the day of Judgement Day. The rest of the non-believers will have to face a painful torture.

there are four monotheistic religions.

zorastrianism is the first, or if you prefer, the zeroeth amongst them.

interestingly enough, they, the zorastrians themselves never felt or said that "non-believers" will suffer "painful torture". thats maybe because they are a civilization (ie. persian civilization) and not of tribal culture.

You're correct. I think, as I believe it is called the Zabuur in Arabic. It is the first message brought down revealing monotheisim.

As for God creating the world in 6 days, it is a fact.

Lo! your Lord is Allah Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days, then mounted He the Throne. He covereth the night with the day, which is in haste to follow it, and hath made the sun and the moon and the stars subservient by His command. His verily is all creation and commandment. Blessed be Allah, the Lord of the Worlds! (Quran 007.054)

There are more verses with the similar message.

Type 'six' in this query and it will show you similar verses. http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/searchquran.html
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 02:43 am
Raul-7 wrote:
As for God creating the world in 6 days, it is a fact.

Quran-41:9 : Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in TWO DAYS?[/b]

Quran- 41:10: He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS[/b]…

Quran-41:12: So He completed[/b] them (heavens) as seven firmaments in TWO DAYS[/b] and …

...and 2 + 2 + 4 = 8. Smile
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 05:06 am
Raul-7 wrote:
- a Muslim must never kill another Muslim intentionally no matter what.
and today is just another day in Baghdad
Quote:
The bomber exploded his device near a convoy of police vehicles on a main road in the mainly-Shia Sadr City area. Two police officers were injured but all other casualties were civilians, according to police officials.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 05:15 am
Raul-7 wrote:
...but jihad is only defending against invaders. The guierlla fighters in Iraq are jihadees
Do you support killing British troops in Afghanistan then?
Quote:
Nato forces in Afghanistan are ready to take on the Taleban, the peacekeepers' new British commander has said. They will be dealt with "wherever they may be", Lt Gen David Richards said as the UK took over the force from Italy.
I repeat the question, do you support the Taleban jihadists in Afghanistan against British invaders?
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 01:25 pm
oh nevermind the killing of pom soldiers in a country they invaded to kill.

more dastardly crimes are commited by muslims everyday, which the western media conveniently ignores - only the madrid, ny, and london massacres count for them.

some govt's have a bit of a spine tho.

here.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 04:42 am
You are a very peculiar man Brahmin. I am trying to get Raul to follow the logic of his argument and admit it means supporting jihad against troops in Afghanistan. Yet your hatred of muslims is only surpassed by your hatred of Brits. Therefore you say it doesnt matter if jihadists kill british troops. However islamic terror against hindus sends you into fits of apoplectic rage. Your position is just as illogical as muslim Raul.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 11:45 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
You are a very peculiar man Brahmin. I am trying to get Raul to follow the logic of his argument and admit it means supporting jihad against troops in Afghanistan. Yet your hatred of muslims is only surpassed by your hatred of Brits. Therefore you say it doesnt matter if jihadists kill british troops. However islamic terror against hindus sends you into fits of apoplectic rage. Your position is just as illogical as muslim Raul.

nope i was trying to point out YOUR hypocracy.

all the complainS you have against raul and muslims is for the london bomings and for the killing of a few pom soldiers in afghanistan - a country they (poms) have no business going to in the first place.

my example served to prove that lot more innocent people die in the hands of islamic jehadis everyday, in israel, in india (varanasi, delhi, bangalore, parliament attacks, akshardham temples, kashmir), in almost all countries that have a sizable muslim population.. and yet that dont seem to make islam at all bad. they are bad only when poms are killed or madrid is bombed or 9/11 happens. else, by your posts, all else is cool.

islamic terror against ANYONE sends me into a rage (you can read my pasta posts - i never singled out their attrocities in india, but pointed out that they were cutthroats where ever they went). but when a country is invaded and the ATTACKERS are killed - its not islamic terror, its the terror the attacker has unleashed on the country. 9/11 was the other way round, and so i have NO love for the perpetrators of that incident. but the afghans do have a right to throw out the poms. its their country.

however, you are right about my hatred for muslims being surpassed only by my hatred for dampoms. or was that a tie?? one kills all they can physically, another killed all countries they could economically (and indirectly physically as well, like by engineering artificial famines).
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 12:01 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
I repeat the question, do you support the Taleban jihadists in Afghanistan against British invaders?

take ur own post !!

you could have asked if he supports the suicide bombings in israel, the murders in india and kashmir, the murders of buddhists in thailand by muslim separatists... but the only question you had was if he supported the taliban or the poms... as if islam is good or bad depending on whether the taliban is for or against the poms.

btw, the "invaders" bit of your post - was that a freudian slip??
what do you expect eh??

if X invaded Y country, should they expect a red carpet welcome or guns??

YOU are a strange m... er, person ..and a typical pom !!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 12:07 pm
brahmin wrote:
nope i was trying to point out YOUR hypocracy.
how is it hypocritical to point out, as I have done repeatedly, the vicious nature of muslim terrorism, be it against christian jew or hindu? I also condemn the excesses of british rule in india and the violence engendered by the hindutva RSS. In what way am I being hypocritical? In what way am I being inconsistant?
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 12:12 pm
Steve,

Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Quran-41:9 : Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in TWO DAYS?

Quran- 41:10: He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS…

Quran-41:12: So He completed them (heavens) as seven firmaments in TWO DAYS and …

...and 2 + 2 + 4 = 8.

You asked that question twice before in AB2K:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1216839#1216839 (The answer is in page 3 of the thread)
and
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1961497#1961497 (answer in the same page)

You said to me many times that it is only the truth what you are seeking. Does repeating such allegations help you achieve your objective?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 12:27 pm
muslim1 wrote:
You said to me many times that it is only the truth what you are seeking. Does the repeating of such allegations help you achieve your objective?
Well I'm pleased you remember some of the stuff I wrote. But surely you accept, as the intelligent person I believe you are, that it really DOES NOT MATTER whether - in your terms - Allah created the world in 6 or 8 days. It is merely the inconsistancy that I point out. Its just allegorical...something muslims seem to have great problems understanding. Just as we now know the earth is spherical and not flat, just as we now know the earth orbits the sun and not the other way around, so we now know that the earth is about 4.5 BILLION years old, and the Universe itself about 15 billion years old. But yes, I am interested only in truth, so far as we can approach it. I dont believe we will ever get to absolute truth, anymore than we can get to the speed of light.
0 Replies

Ashers

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 05:32 pm
I was just doing a little bit of reading and I was wondering whether I could get some thoughts on a particular passage. It appears under the heading 'That Which Is Coming' and reads from the very start...

Quote:
When the earth shakes and quivers and the mountains crumble away and scatter abroad into fine dust, you shall be divided into three multitudes: those on the right (blessed shall be those on the right!); those on the left (damned shall be those on the left!); and those to the fore (foremost shall be those!). Such are they that shall be brought near to their Lord in the gardens of delight: a whole multitude from the men of old, but only a few from the later generations.

It goes on...

Quote:
They shall recline on jewelled couches face to face and there shall wait on them immortal youths with bowls and ewers and a cup of purest wine (that will neither pain their heads nor take away their reason); with fruits of their own choice and flesh of fowls that they relish. And theirs shall be the dark-eyed houris, chaste as hidden pearls; a guerdon for their deeds.

Thanks for any input.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 10:40 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
In what way am I being hypocritical? In what way am I being inconsistant?

i just elucidated how (3 posts north of here).
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 11:26 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:
...but jihad is only defending against invaders. The guierlla fighters in Iraq are jihadees
Do you support killing British troops in Afghanistan then?
Quote:

Well do you support invading a country, killing numerous civilians and creating choas and civil war? I'm sure if some country attacked the UK, and your country was helpless in terms of defending itself - you would resort to guirella attacks. Just look at the Vietnamese, Cubans, Rowanda, Congo, etc. - it happens and it works! No one likes seeing someone invade their motherland and they will resort to dirty tactics to try and halt the invaders. It's a fact of warfare and there's nothing wrong with it.
0 Replies