NewSoul

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 05:25 pm
Mesquite,

Believe me, I have had so many questions like yours before but I did a long research on Islam before getting to what I get and it took me a while until I was convinced and believed that Islam is nothing but the truth. Islam seems strange to anybody that never approached it. But when you approach it with an open mind you would find that it is the truth from God. I couldn't find a single thing that I couldn't agree with and I found an answer to all my worries. The answers were so straight forward and when I think about them I find a lot of wisdom behind them. I didn't accept Islam blindly or followed somebody's teachings but God's and the prophet's. In fact Islam is a choice that every Muslim makes and God says afterall, that he knows what is in the heart and chest of the person, and a true Muslims is a Muslim who believes from the heart and not who shows to others that he/she is on the straight path simply to get their attention, help, care, naivety. It is so amazing how true Muslims are living together. I you are Black, White, Yellow, Red people, Asians , Arabs, Americans, tall, short ...etc it does not matter, they are all calling each other brothers. Nobody would ever even try to hurt your feelings and look at your dress and say something. Everybody is racing to serve you, no matter who you are they great you and hug you and call you brother. I was feeling so ashamed at first when I wear some expensive things because after I saw how simple these people are and when the time of prayer a rich person praying next to a poor and everyone has rights on things equaly, women have their rights and when you are a brother , you can't look at women , ...etc .There are no words to use to explain the beauty and happiness of the feelings living Islam.
You should give the Quran a try and should read about Muhammad. He was the most beloved person and even his Enemies respected him so much for his honesty and bravery. Try to read with an open mind and don't misjudge until you find the truth by yourself. Peace
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 05:36 pm
Just seeing the kind of life the the people in Afghanistan led under Taliban rule was sufficient for me. Pure fundamentalist Islam stuck in the middle ages for eternity.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 07:56 pm
If the Quran is so perfect, why are there conflicting verses and why would there be need for a doctrine of abrogation to resolve this conflict.

An article discussing abrogation (latest verse takes precedence)
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 01:35 am
can you possibly give me a contradiction in the Qur'an?
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 02:57 am
Quote:

If the Quran is so perfect, why are there conflicting verses and why would there be need for a doctrine of abrogation to resolve this conflict.

Dear mesquite;

The answer to your question is given in the Holy Qur'an:

"None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: knowest thou not that Allah hath power over all things?"
[Qur'an 2:106]

This verse indicates that none of the verses of the Qur'an are abrogated by God (Allah) but substituted with something better or similar. This means that certain verses of the Qur'an, that were revealed earlier were substituted by verses that were revealed later.
The famous examples of the so called "abrogation" are: "Produce a recital like the Qur'an" and "Gradual prohibition of intoxicants". I can detail both and show you the wisdom behind it if you wish.

Suppose I say that I do not live in Dallas. Later I say that I do not live in Texas. Finally I say, I do not live in the US. This does not imply that these 3 statements contradict each other. Each statement gives more information than the previous statement. The third statement includes the information contained in the first two. Thus, only by saying that I do not live in the US, it is obvious, that I also do not live in Texas nor Dallas.

Best Regards.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 09:24 am
Muslim1 , I feel so bad for people who would always look for something, that they have no clue of , and try to twist it to show a contradiction.... But nobody would ever find any contradiction in the Quran simply because it is the true words of the Perfect, GOD Almighty. Comment sense, the Quran was revealed more than 1400 years and was never updated a bit. There is no reason to update a Book if there is no argument to add or a mistake to correct. The Quran is perfect and will stay perfect.

There will always be arrogant people that try to find an excuse not to follow the truth from God and rather choose to live their own vain desires like Animals ( have sex with anyone, drugs, suicide, rape, selfishness, worshiping the Dollar, Worshiping Madonna, worshiping Jesus...etc) as there will be who will put the Quran in their hearts and will be free from anything related to this world and fear and worship nothing but the Creator of all mankinds, the Universes , Heavens Hell, God Almigthy.

May God help us keep the Quran in our hearts until the promised day of Judgment. Ameen
0 Replies

QKid

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 03:18 pm
Mesquite,

NewSoul asked you to try to read the Quran, not study a bunch of people claiming to be muslims and conclude that Islam is what those people are representing it to be. Why is it that you say from looking at the taliban that you have seen enough of what Islam is? You shouldnt judge based on individuals, instead if anyone wants to judge Islam they should go straight to the true teachings which is the Quran and the Sunnah (sayings and doings of prophet Muhammed pbuh). One more thing, you will never be able to know what Islam is from the media, newspapers, and articles. So if you think you know about what Islam really is, then the only way is by reading from true texts. You should start with reading the Quran from the begning, or a chapter at a time.

Best wishes
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 04:04 pm
QKid,

The Taliban were an example of life under pure Islam. The Mullahs and scholars were in charge of the country. Why should I bother to read for myself and try to find something different that what whole countries, cultures find. It is not just the Taliban. I find Shariah law very repulsive wherever it is practiced. It may have been reasonable 1500 years ago as a transition from even more archaic conditions and superstitions, but Islam seems destined to stay in the past.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 04:22 pm
Mesquite, I know you are here to attack Islam and nothing else. I know I showed you that Islam talks about the actual time and explains things that our scientists discover right now and that is a proof that Islam is for the past , present and the future. I am a scientist myself and I can't live without the Quran. I know that you are just not intelligent enough to understand the Quran. Do you wanna know why ? Because you use examples of radical ignorant Muslims who deviated from Islam to prove your theory. You are just not intelligent and that is obvious.
If men created a car that has defects and if it won't get fixed , better that they throw it away cuz it is not useful. If you have a defect why would God Honor you and be pleased with you. It is not God's fault cuz you have freedom of will. you are the one that will be hold accoutable of your actions and better get rid of, but Not with God. He will punish because Justice says that cuz being cruel to God , your lord, is unfair so he will punish severely whoever is like you if you don't change. Believe it or not, we will soon talk about that in the day of Judgment. You don't see because you are not intelligent.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 04:24 pm
Typo .... I meant God is fair
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 04:28 pm
muslim1 wrote:
Quote:

Dear mesquite;

The answer to your question is given in the Holy Qur'an:

"None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: knowest thou not that Allah hath power over all things?"
[Qur'an 2:106]

This verse indicates that none of the verses of the Qur'an are abrogated by God (Allah) but substituted with something better or similar. This means that certain verses of the Qur'an, that were revealed earlier were substituted by verses that were revealed later.
The famous examples of the so called "abrogation" are: "Produce a recital like the Qur'an" and "Gradual prohibition of intoxicants". I can detail both and show you the wisdom behind it if you wish.

Suppose I say that I do not live in Dallas. Later I say that I do not live in Texas. Finally I say, I do not live in the US. This does not imply that these 3 statements contradict each other. Each statement gives more information than the previous statement. The third statement includes the information contained in the first two. Thus, only by saying that I do not live in the US, it is obvious, that I also do not live in Texas nor Dallas.

Best Regards.

You are playing with semantics. If a later revealed verse takes precedence, then the earlier verse has less or no significance. If for instance it starts off as a peaceful religion and becomes more violent as armed followers are added, what then is the final result?

Since the Quran is not written in chronological order, how are you to know which verses take precedence?

Just look at the amount of abrogation during the 20 some years of development of the quran. You say it was needed and was good. That may be. Problem is that for 1500 years it has not been able to adapt. That is a major problem with all of the abrahamic religions.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 05:19 pm
In respect of the following rule, is the orientation of toilet fixtures an important consideration to muslims when shopping for living quarters?

60. * If a person sits in the toilet with the front part of his body or the back facing the Qibla, but turns the private parts away from that direction, it will not be enough. Similarly, when the front part of the body or the back does not face Qibla, as a precaution, he should not allow the private parts to face that direction."

Rules concerning use of the lavatory.
0 Replies

QKid

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:25 pm
Mesquite,

You see the problem here is simple. You say you know what Islam is because you observed a militant group which you claim represents Islam to the fullest. And since they represent Islam, you now know what Islam is. The problem is if you say the taliban is an example of Islam, then that means you already have a preconceived idea of what Islam is to begin with. Orelse there is no way you would know what an example of Islam would be. But when you are asked to try to read the Quran inorder to understand Islam, you say you already know Islam from observing the taliban. I dont know if you see it, but you are doing something called circular thought.
You cannot explain what Islam is but you say the taliban is an example of Islam. Look, noone is here to attack you, but we should all be open to other thoughts and ideas, then maybe we can criticize them. But you have to give things a REAL chance before you criticize them. Like NewSoul did, he did extensive research inorder to be subjective.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 10:20 pm
NewSoul wrote:
Mesquite, I know you are here to attack Islam and nothing else.

I am just as critical of Christianity. I do not just come out and bash. I attempt to have a reasonable discourse.

I know I showed you that Islam talks about the actual time and explains things that our scientists discover right now and that is a proof that Islam is for the past , present and the future. I am a scientist myself and I can't live without the Quran.

What you are is a theoholic as you described yourself in your very first post on A2K You have demonstrated absolutely no sign of scientific thought processes You were asked numerous times in the beginning to break your posts into paragraphs to make them easier to follow, but you just kept rambling on.

I know that you are just not intelligent enough to understand the Quran. Do you wanna know why ? Because you use examples of radical ignorant Muslims who deviated from Islam to prove your theory. You are just not intelligent and that is obvious.

You may want to read the TOS for A2K, especially the part about personal attacks. Intelligence is a relative measure not as important in a debate as the views expressed. Others who read the posts can make their own judgements as to relative merit. I consider my remarks about learning all I need to know about Islam by observing the behavior of those who follow it to be quite rational. What better indicator is there than the example of those who have lived it all their lives? I have read enough of the Quran and hadiths and Shariah to know that it is a very mixed bag of good, bad, and ugly. As with all abrahamic religions, nothing is certain. Much is open to interpretation.

If men created a car that has defects and if it won't get fixed , better that they throw it away cuz it is not useful. If you have a defect why would God Honor you and be pleased with you. It is not God's fault cuz you have freedom of will. you are the one that will be hold accoutable of your actions and better get rid of, but Not with God. He will punish because Justice says that cuz being cruel to God , your lord, is unfair so he will punish severely whoever is like you if you don't change. Believe it or not, we will soon talk about that in the day of Judgment. You don't see because you are not intelligent.

I'll bet that when you were a Christian you really got off on the book of revelations.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 10:44 pm
QKid wrote:
Mesquite,

You see the problem here is simple. You say you know what Islam is because you observed a militant group which you claim represents Islam to the fullest. And since they represent Islam, you now know what Islam is. The problem is if you say the taliban is an example of Islam, then that means you already have a preconceived idea of what Islam is to begin with. Orelse there is no way you would know what an example of Islam would be. But when you are asked to try to read the Quran inorder to understand Islam, you say you already know Islam from observing the taliban. I dont know if you see it, but you are doing something called circular thought.
You cannot explain what Islam is but you say the taliban is an example of Islam. Look, noone is here to attack you, but we should all be open to other thoughts and ideas, then maybe we can criticize them. But you have to give things a REAL chance before you criticize them. Like NewSoul did, he did extensive research inorder to be subjective.

QKid. Why do you always misrepresent what I wrote. Here it is again. I will emphasize the parts you need to absorb.

Quote:
QKid,
The Taliban were an example of life under pure Islam. The Mullahs and scholars were in charge of the country. Why should I bother to read for myself and try to find something different than that what whole countries, cultures find. It is not just the Taliban. I find Shariah law very repulsive wherever it is practiced. It may have been reasonable 1500 years ago as a transition from even more archaic conditions and superstitions, but Islam seems destined to stay in the past.

You and I have had many exchanges about the Quran in the past. You know my position and I know yours. I gave up on having any rational discussion with you long ago. There is no sense in repeating it all again. If you need to refresh you memory on what was discussed, you can begin here.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=538609#538609 for one of the threads.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 01:44 pm
Mesquite,

I have questions for you. and Again I am not attacking your belief but I may know more than you in Christianity.

Do you think it is Just that God send us his teachings and Laws thru a Homosexual King ? King James Bible version is the most used one by Christians. I used to like it much better than other versions. I don't wanna even talk about the others ones that express so much Hate to races ...etc

Then, Do you think that God does not mind Homosexuality ?

Then, Do you think God is giving us a contradictory example of his Teachings to tell us not to follow his teachings or that it does not Matter if we follow his a version of it of a Gay guy and that just by believing in Jesus, we will be saved?

Do you think God don't care if you are a criminal or that Criminals get away with their Crimes, and Jesus can save them from Hellfire ?

Does the concept of Jesus died on the Cross to save people make sense to you ?

Do you know what Son of God means in the Bible ?
THE SONS OF GOD

The Muslim takes strong exception to the Christian dogma that "Jesus is the only begotten son, begotten not made". This is what the Christian is made to repeat from childhood in his catechism. I have asked learned - Christians, again and again as to what they are really trying to emphasise, when they say "BEGOTTEN NOT MADE".

They know that according to their own God-given (?!) records, God has sons by the tons:

"....Adam, which was the SON OF GOD."

Luke 3:38
"That the SONS OF GOD saw the daughters of men that they were fair..."
"And when the SONS OF GOD came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them...."

Genesis 6:2&4
"...Israel is MY SON, even my firstborn:"

Exodus 4:22
"...for I (God) and a FATHER to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn."

Jeremiah 31:9
"...the Lord hath said unto me, (David) Thou art MY SON: this day have I BEGOTTEN thee."

Psalms 2:7
"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the SONS OF GOD."

Romans 8:14

Can't you see that in the language of the Jew, every righteous person, every Tom, Dick and Harry who followed the Will and Plan of God, was a SON OF GOD. It was a metaphorical descriptive term, commonly used among the Jews. The Christian agrees with this reasoning, but goes on to say - "but Jesus was not like that". Adam was made by God. Every living thing was made by God; He is the Lord, Cherisher and Sustainer of all. Metaphorically speaking therefore God is the Father of all. But Jesus was the "BEGOTTEN" son of God, not a CREATED son of God? What a confusion !!!!
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 01:46 pm
Do you know what Islam think about Jesus ??

The Christian does not know that the true spirit of charity which the Muslim displays, always, towards Jesus and his mother Mary spring from the fountainhead of his faith- the Holy Quran. He does not know that the Muslim does not take the holy name of Jesus, in his own language, without saying Hazrat Eesa (meaning revered Jesus) or Eesa alai-hiss-salaam i.e. (Jesus peace be upon him).

Every time the Muslim mentions the name Jesus (pbuh) without these words of respect, he would be considered disrespectful, uncouth or barbaric. The Christian does not know that in the Holy Quran Jesus (pbuh) is mentioned by name five times (5x) more than the number of times the prophet of Islam is mentioned in the Book of God. To be exact - twenty five time as against five. For example:

"..WE GAVE JESUS THE SON OF MARY CLEAR SIGNS AND STRENGTHENED HIM WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT"

HOLY QURAN 2:87

"..O MARY! GOD GIVETH THEE GLAD TIDINGS OF A WORD FROM HIM: HIS NAME WILL BE CHRIST JESUS, THE SON OF MARY.."

HOLY QURAN 3:45

"..CHRIST JESUS THE SON OF MARY WAS (NO MORE THAN) AN APOSTLE OF GOD.."

HOLY QURAN 4:171

"..AND IN THEIR (the previous Prophets') FOOTSTEPS WE SENT JESUS THE SON OF MARY.."

HOLY QURAN 5:49

"AND ZAKARIYA AND JOHN, AND JESUS AND ELIAS: ALL IN THE RANKS OF THE RIGHTEOUS:"

HOLY QURAN 6:85

JESUS - HIS TITLES
Though Jesus is mentioned by name in twenty-five places in the Holy Quran he is also addressed with respect as:"Ibne Maryam" - son of Mary;as Masi (Heb) Messiah - translated as Christ; "Abd-ullah" servant of Allah;"Rasul -Ullah" - Messenger of Allah.

He is spoken of as "the word of God", as "the spirit of God", as a "Sign of God", and numerous other epithets of honour spread over fifteen different chapters. The Holy Quran honours this mighty Messenger of God, and the Muslims have not fallen short over the past fourteen hundred years in doing the same. There is not a single disparaging remark in the entire Quran to which even the most jaundiced among the Christians can take exception.

"EESA" LATINISED TO JESUS
The Holy Quran refers to Jesus as "Eesa", and this name is used more times than any other title, because this was his "Christian"1 name. Actually, his proper name was "Eesa" (Arabic), or "Esau". (Hebrew); classical "Yeheshua", which the Christian nations of the West Latinised as Jesus. Neither the "J" nor the second "s" in the name Jesus is to be found in the original tongue - they are not found in the Semitic languages. The word is very simply - "E S A U" - a very common Jewish name, used more than sixty times in the very first booklet aloneof the Bible, in the part called "Genesis". There was at least one "Jesus" sitting on the "bench" at the trial of Jesus before the Sanhedrin. Josephus the Jewish historian mentions some twenty five Jesus' in his "Book of Antiquities". The New Testament speaks of "Bar-Jesus"- a magician and a sorcerer, a false prophet (Act 13:6); and also "Jesus-Justus" - a Christian missionary, a contemporary of Paul (Colossians 4:11). These are distinct from Jesus, the son of Mary. Transforming "Esau" to (J)esu(s) - Jesus - makes it unique. This unique (?) name has gone out of currency among the Jews and the Christians from the 2nd century after Christ. Among the Jews, because it came to be the proper name of their God(?) - their God incarnate. The Muslim will not hesitate to name his son - "Eesa" - because it is an honoured name, the name of a righteous servant of the Lord.
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 05:56 am
May God (Allah) reward you brother NewSoul .

Here is an article about messenger Jesus (peace be upon him) and Mary (peace be upon her) in Islam:

Jesus and Mary in Islam

Best Regards.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 08:58 am
Brother Muslims1, May Allah reward you too for working hard to defend the words of God and help fellow Christians see the right path, the continuity of the true teachings of Jesus that were corrupted since Jesus, Peace be Upon Him, left . Islam is nothing else but the message of the Oneness of God, that has no partner or sharer in His Divinity and Lordship, the worthy to worship, the same message that all the prophets of God, Peace be upon them all, were sent with to save the humanity from the eternal Punishment, the same message that Jesus came with to save people from the Eternal Hellfire and the Anger of our Creator. Though, God Almighty sent his Messengers as Mercy to us and warning from his Just Day of Judgment where Arrogants, Criminals...etc , out-God's-Laws in general will face severe eternal punishment and True souls submitting to God's Laws will be the real successfull.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 01:15 pm
NewSoul wrote:
It is so amazing how true Muslims are living together. I you are Black, White, Yellow, Red people, Asians , Arabs, Americans, tall, short ...etc it does not matter, they are all calling each other brothers. Nobody would ever even try to hurt your feelings and look at your dress and say something. Everybody is racing to serve you, no matter who you are they great you and hug you and call you brother.

While you and Muslim1 are holding hands, let me ask you about the rift between Shiites and Sunnis. They are killing each other in Iraq more than the Catholic and Protestants did in Ireland. Which ones corrupted your texts?
0 Replies