craos

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 06:36 pm
@Steve 41oo,
So let me ask again, what happened to the original words of God as given to Mohammed from Gabriel and written down by Mohammed's scribes?

o.. my bad.
What u mean by original?.. wasn't the words on the bones and the words in Quran still the same? If Mohammed's scribes is the same as the one who write the words on the bones wasn't the Quran is still original words from God..

o.. sorry i'm just pointing out in my logic thinking without serious facts.
Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 02:25 am
@craos,
craos wrote:

So let me ask again, what happened to the original words of God as given to Mohammed from Gabriel and written down by Mohammed's scribes?

o.. my bad.
What u mean by original?.. wasn't the words on the bones and the words in Quran still the same? If Mohammed's scribes is the same as the one who write the words on the bones wasn't the Quran is still original words from God..

o.. sorry i'm just pointing out in my logic thinking without serious facts.
I meant the original physical pieces of bone, pottery etc? Why do they no longer exist? The obvious answer is that it never actually happened that way, that the whole of Islam is founded on myth and legend, completely unsupported by any FACTS.
craos

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 03:21 am
@Steve 41oo,
Didn't i said it may already decayed...
anyway i don't know the truth behind it. But as you're saying it's just a myth.
Then, you could say the same thing to other religious text books-if any.
But, in my opinion those who kept that 1400 years old bone or pottery may have the idea to kept some of it lives.
I've only found this link:
http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/textual.htm
Hope u're interested.
Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 03:59 am
@craos,
craos wrote:

Didn't i said it may already decayed...
anyway i don't know the truth behind it. But as you're saying it's just a myth.
Then, you could say the same thing to other religious text books-if any.
But, in my opinion those who kept that 1400 years old bone or pottery may have the idea to kept some of it lives.
I've only found this link:
http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/textual.htm
Hope u're interested.
Pottery, nor bone for that matter, does not decay in 1400 years. There is not one single piece of evidence from Mohammed's time to support the story of how the Koran was received. In fact the lack of evidence from those times is quite startling, given the amount of material the scribes must have produced. Thats an interesting link, thanks, but it does not say how old that particular Koranic text is. I'm willing to take a substantial bet that radio-carbon dating would date it several centuries after the time Mohammed is supposed to have received it.
0 Replies

craos

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 10:37 pm
Ok.. i really don't know how to argue about this. But, since i drop by to this topic.
I want to know about the bleeding ritual of syiah.-(i don't know the real name.)
What's the deal behind smacking and whacking urself till bleed?
Pain endurance practice?
Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 08:04 am
@craos,
I dont know. I would like to know the answer to that as well. As this is the Islam Q&A thread, perhaps we will get a meaningful answer, but I doubt it somehow.
0 Replies